[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nihilism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11

File: alcohol is good2.png (409KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
alcohol is good2.png
409KB, 768x768px
I just realized that at some point I turned into a nihilist. Any other nihilists here? How do you deal with realizing that you are meaningless and nothing matters outside of suicide? Death still scares me because >muh instincts and I do not want to die, but I also realize there is no point to living either. I have no idea how to deal with this revelation.
>>
I chose hedonism to fill the gaping void but being a giant putrid fat drunk isn't for everyone!
>>
>>38180264
>nothing matters outside of suicide

atomic leg drop! (the crowd goes wild)
>>
File: doge vetää nudee.png (132KB, 347x354px) Image search: [Google]
doge vetää nudee.png
132KB, 347x354px
I can relate to this. I'm currently coping with my depression and anxiety by constantly joking about them. whenever I go out I'll joke about killing myself at least once or twice to ease my stress. At first I thought that it was purely just how my sense of humor is, but I've started to notice my kms jokes increasing when ever I'm feeling a wave coming.
>>
>>38180264
I came to a similar realization the other day; although I'd like to subscribe to stoicism, I just can't delude myself into thinking that anything even humanity does is of notable consequence except in the artificial human contexts we place around our actions and their effects.

I deal with it (poorly) by realizing that the effects we do have cascade throughout time, at least locally, and affect things in chaotic and unpredictable ways, ways which are still affected by our actions.

Like, for example, you have billions of bacterial cells inside your body (10x more bacterial cells than human cells, in fact). There is a literal universe inside you, feeding off of the food you eat, getting killed, reproducing and evolving based off of the environment you create. You are a god to these creatures, and until right now you probably never gave a single thought to these creatures. If you were to die, these creatures would lose their way of life and your body would briefly become host to a multitude of other, invasive bacteria that would break your body down until it can no longer support life and becomes largely sterile.
>>
Don't you find it funny how ideas have emotions behind them. Our view of reality really does shape what we do.
>>
>>38180264
Nihilism is just the notion that life and everything is devoid of value and definition, all that dread and anxiety bullshit is just us.
>>
YUP PAL there's no point in living, life is meaningless, and it doesn't mean jack shit. fuck out of here you god damn edgy wannabe fuckheads. stop being so dense and realize that the fact that life is meaningless is supposed freeing you not weighing you down. You're worthless, i'm worthless, everyone is worthless on the grand scale of the universe and that is just fine because it doesn't matter. LITERALLY NOTHING MATTERS
>>
You continue the journey and ascribe your own meaning to life and fullfill everyday with new adventures and knowledge. Life is meaningless. But what is meaning to begin with. Enjoy the ride or make it a long misreable dismal descent into death. Go into the unknown and stare into the abyss. Come back with tales of amazement. Or livestream your suicide. Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love under wilt. Love is law. 93/93/93
>>
>>38180264
>suicide matters
kek

You really think anyone and anything else will give any more of a shit when you're dead? They'll be as sad as expected, and move on.

>>38180515
If life is meaningless it isn't "supposed" to do anything fuckwit. How you feel about it is on you, not the universe.
>>
>>38180264
A friend of mine said he liked making his life more complicated. He seemed to be pretty put together and didn't really care that nothing mattered. I sincerely hope that helps you.

I am not a nihilist. I do not care about objective meaning, I create my own world and shape it to reflect my best self. I think there is beauty in stability and simplicity.
>>
File: IMG_0229.jpg (17KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0229.jpg
17KB, 218x231px
Nilhilism is worthless once you realize you can alter human history with a single violent action. If you do real well your story gets taught in schools.
>>
>>38180387
I've been drinking a lot, but funnily enough I am actually eating way less since food has lost a lot of its old appeal. Also weed, just anything to fill the void. I'd probably do harder drugs if it wouldn't get me locked up.

>>38180438
I used to think like you did, but in the face of our planet being swallowed by the sun, our increasingly likely extinction due to outside or internal forces, and the inevitable heat death of the universe, even something like the cascading of human actions has lost meaning. Short of creating something outside this universe, or preventing the heat death of the universe, nothing we could do will have meaning because it will all cease to be at one point or another.

I have thought about the life I harbor, from skin mites down to bacteria. It's a nice idea as well, but if I died, there's quadrillions of other organisms in billions of other humans and trillions of other animals that would go on. I am meaningless, as are my denizens.
>>
>>38180588
Only if you give a shit about history.

All of these "nihilism answers" are based on the assumption that the receiver cares about X without cause. The basis of nihilism is that there is no reason to care about anything in particular. The only motivators we have are biological, not logical.
>>
>>38180481
Congratulations on stating the obvious.

>>38180536
You seem to view the meaningless of existence as freedom, but freedom for what? Temporary pleasure and enjoyment? Is that all there is?
>>
>>38180682
This anon gets it. I can always tell the normies by their "lol make ur own meaning XD" reaction to nihilistic apathy.
>>
>>38180713
"Normies"

Its literally what nihilistic philophiscal teachings tells you how to overcome the apthay. Sounds like youve never read nietzsches work or any of his ubermensch material
>>
>>38180784
>Implying nietzche actually came up with new ideas
>>
>>38180387
Hedonism will never fill the void. No matter how you find pleasure through your life, every time you ll lay down to sleep, you ll remember that none of what you made that day had a meaning, and that there is nothing you can do to help it. You may feel warm and good on the outside, but inside you will remain cold and lonely.

>>38180264
If i agree that nihilism is the "truth" of our universe, we shouldn t let it ruin our lives. I prefer to fake a belief than to accept the truth, because it helps me go through my life.
Nihilism is bad for you, and sometimes the truth is better hidden
>>
>>38180784
Would a nihilist have any interest in some faggots "philosophical teachings" in the first place?
>>
>>38180682
Imagine a billionaire walking on a beach. He accidentally kicks over a kid's sand castle. The kid sniffles a bit because he worked hard on it. The mom stares angrily, but the billionaire says, "What? It's just a pile of sand. Have some money."
>>
>>38180264
Read Nietzsche.
Honest to God, do it if you can keep yourself focused on it.
>>
File: 1497468439941.jpg (36KB, 590x476px) Image search: [Google]
1497468439941.jpg
36KB, 590x476px
>>38180846
Nothing of the sort was implied.
Sounds like you're nit picking for an arguement rather than a disscussion.
>>
>>38180784
Why are you acting like they're right just because they wrote books on the topic? Deluding myself into ignoring the meaningless of existence isn't much of a solution, though I guess technically you answered my OP so thanks for that.
>>
>>38180264
I look at an anthill and realize that the ants don't care about things beyond their scope of understanding, so we shouldn't either
>>
>>38180784
What incentive do I have to make or do anything? If this world is one big ball of cruelty and chaos what's the point?
>>
>>38180887
You commented as if Nietzche was some sort of authority on nihilism and "solutions" to it.

see >>38180893 for the basic gestalt.
>>
>>38180856
You braindead fool. The mere idea of meaningless arose from philosphical thinking. Its only us dribbling retarded spieces would go such indepth meaning of meaningless which in turn then also means something. Oxymoronic paradoxical inverted trapped reality. Oruroboros snake eating its tail. Run away.
>>
File: 1497360857841.jpg (469KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1497360857841.jpg
469KB, 1280x853px
>>38180264
>>38180387
>>38180438
>>38180419

Let's take a moment to examine the phrase "nothing really matters" or "everything is meaningless"

If you held the logic to its true end, you'd see that the phrase "nothing in life really matters" doesn't "matter" either, or "everything in life meaningless" is also meaningless. So nobody should have any problems with nihilism.

"But!" you'd be tempted to interject. "I meant more in that statement than a simple logical proposition, because I take issue with nihilism."

"What I really meant was x..."
The way you answer this next part is what will help you define your particular issue.

Why do you want some objective meaning? Why are you looking for notable consequences? Why do you give a shit about hedonisms or external values?

Are these nihilistic considerations also not the same type of human constructs you use nihilism to criticize? Why do you hold onto nihilistic constructs but reject others? Why do you want anything to have a "real truth" anyway?
>>
File: dxnMD.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
dxnMD.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
>>38180952
here'ssomeoriginalcontentforyou
>>
>>38180855
>I prefer to fake a belief than to accept the truth, because it helps me go through my life.
>Nihilism is bad for you, and sometimes the truth is better hidden

Seems like this is the agreed upon solution to this issue, but I still take issue with it. I suppose I should think on it more, maybe I will come to the conclusion that lies and illusion are a better option than a cold, unyielding truth.

>>38180922
The ants are incapable of caring beyond their scope of understanding, while we are not. There is nothing we can not understand given enough time and resources, that is one of our defining qualities as human beings. If you want to figuratively lobotomize yourself and deny that which makes you human, then literally lobotomize yourself and commit to it.
>>
Wow bro's this is deep sh*t im deprest too!!

>>>/facebook/
>>
>>38180980
It's human nature to ascribe meaning and value to things. We do it subconsciously and consciously from the time we are infants, as it helps us exist in the universe. More than that, we are often curious by nature, or at least I am, and I am consumed with desiring to know the "truth" behind a matter. I can no more prevent myself from ascribing value to things or desiring a relative truth any more than I could stop breathing. It is a part of me. Sure, it may not be logical or consistent, but I am not an automaton, and I have to contend with my inborn nature as much as with my higher thought processes.
>>
>>38181016
I will not lobotomize myself because that sounds painful. That's like saying if you think overeating is bad for you then go get gastric bypass surgery.

How do you know there is nothing we cannot understand? Our humanity is not defined solely by our knowledge - we are not more human than our ancestors a century ago.
>>
>>38180264
Nihilism is a great release of stress.
>not moral authoritarian because who cares, as long as you're not violating anyone else's rights
>starving people in 3rd world countries, eh who cares we're all gonna die eventually
>don't care about race mixing because we are all just bags of meat and blood who will meet the same end one way or another
>society collapses, humans are self destructive by nature it'll happen eventually anyway

As long as I get left alone and can play vidjya and go for walks at park in peace, whatever.
>>
>>38180515
I have never in my life been able to understand how the fuck people can think like this. It seems like a direct contradiction. Fuck all of ya's. Why don't you go free your bullshit somewhere else and shove your meaning up your arse? Seriously, this shit is a half-assed cop out of a mindset. Fuck Nietzsche's bitch ass and his mustache too. I'm the poo poo god of this world and I demand you get on your hands and knees and vibrate like a fuckin' two bwo wannai flee market blow-up doll. Fuckin' get in my hands you tiny little fuck, I'm gonna crush you into smithereens and snort you into my mucus chamber and show you what it means to be free. Fuckin' martian niggers.
>>
>>38181072
t. brainlet incapable of understanding anything
>>
>>38180980
Using that logic my issue is the world is chaotic and cruel. The sneakiest and most underhanded people end up the most successful. Our sense of "morality" and "right and wrong" are a charade. People claim that they are "on the right side of history" to feel validated when they act like complete fucking shitbags.

Where do I go from here?
>>
>>38181195
If something's broken, generally I try to fix it.
>>
>>38181122
>That's like saying if you think overeating is bad for you then go get gastric bypass surgery

No, it isn't, nor is lobotomy painful because you'd be anesthetized. You want to have the intellect of an ant so that you are not burdened by your power of thought. The logical conclusion is to remove your ability to think, is it not?

Everything, from the waves in the ocean to why we get sick was once thought to be the realm of some higher power of one sort or another. In time, we learned what the actual truth was, and continue to do so. The things for which god spackle is needed dwindle daily, even for things that were once "known" to be unknowable. Based off of our ability to learn and do things that even a century ago would be deemed impossible, and our desire to move to ever greater heights of knowledge and ability, I do not think there is nothing we can eventually know.

>Our humanity is not defined solely by our knowledge

I did not say that, reread my comment.
>>
>>38181236
I'm not entirely sure how I fix the injustice of a uncaring, cold, indifferent universe.
>>
>>38181296
Short of A) becoming a literal god, B) preventing the heat death of the universe, or C) somehow leaving this dimension, there is no way.
>>
>>38181245
If I can keep myself from thinking myself into paralysis, why bother going through lobotomy? If you accept that humanity is not defined solely by our knowledge, then you accept that a human that does not strive for knowledge is still human.
>>
>>38180264
>Lots of people are Nihilists
>Even I'm a Nihilist
>But hearing that life is meaningless is fucking annoying
>To the point that I'll argue for religion like a contrarian faggot
>On the basis that if God exists, then God created the rules of this universe, meaning that it's possible for those rules to go away upon death
>Like how Atheists will post fedora memes upon spotting other Atheists
>So I bash them and don't share in the feels
>Become tfw
>Try to share feels
>Remember that even other Nihilists will call me on my shit like I'd do to them
>Keep it inside
Stoicism is the only option.
>>
>>38181368
The fact that you are in this thread shows you can not accomplish that. Even having the understanding that you wish to be like the ants with no intelligence and only instinct shows that you an not accomplish that. Even having the desire to achieve that goal makes that goal entirely unattainable to you.

>then you accept that a human that does not strive for knowledge is still human

I believe your confusing my view of humanity with my definition of what a human is. A human is a member of our species, nothing more, but I am discussing the state of being a human and our overall mentality and actions. Humans as a whole are unquestionably defined by our pursuit of knowledge, and ability to gain it.

>>38181372
Stoics are nihilists in denial. If that doesn't bother you then more power to you.
>>
>>38181459
I look at a dog in a loving family, and I admire how happy he is. My intelligence is to ensure that I can secure basic comforts for myself. Then I really will waste my days on frivolous pursuits. I wasn't the guy that brought up the ants, so why don't we switch it to dogs in a happy home.

Would you say we are more human than our ancestors?
>>
>>38181459
No I mean like being Stoic in the face that life is meaningless. Like not letting anyone know that shit doesn't get to you, because in the end, nobody cares what you believe aside from occasional discussions on anonymous imageboards.
>Tfw want to be Absurdist because it sounds objectively best
>Too fucking negative and edgy for it
>>
>>38180387
this desu senpai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8rjEs8xMJY
>>
>>38181195
Well clearly you want to separate yourself from these shitbags because you're holding onto to that very sense of morality and right/wrong which you simultaneously claim is a charade.

You major options are either to discard your entire moral system in order to gain social advantages (which you will have justify to yourself are worth it, and maybe they are)

OR maintain your moral system the way it is, stop concerning yourself with this greater scope of things and just try to live your life beginning with a "bottom-up" approach. Details, small things first.

>>38181119
maybe you'll find "truth" in the fact that the process to pursue is maybe not as inborn as you think. Anatomically modern humans have existed for hundreds of thousands of years - do you think all of them have been heavy truth seeking westerners? I doubt it. Even today, go to a 3rd world sustenance farming village, and ask them how they feel about truth-pursuit. They would most likely tell you that it takes a backseat to "living"
>>
>>38181296
You do what you can. You get nothing out of not trying.
>>
>>38181564
I can get that. So your interest is solely in immediate happiness and comfort, and not anything further?

>Would you say we are more human than our ancestors?

Depends how far back you go. Judging by fossil records, even ancient humans invented and pursued knowledge. Even if it was as primitive as "that plant makes your skin hurt" or "sharp stick kills animal", we learned and catalogued that information. More than that, we taught that hard won information to our descendants, allowing them to use their life to pursue more knowledge instead of reinventing the wheel, so to speak. This iterative (think I am using that word correctly) process is what defines us as separate from all other species. Even when species accidentally learn a useful skill or tool AND teach it to their descendants, in the cases of some animals like dolphins or crows, they do not have the drive or ability to continue that beyond a very basic level. Meanwhile humans didn't stop at understanding our immediate surroundings and continued to push for more and more understanding. I would have difficulty defining exactly at what point in our evolutionary history this came about, but I think even proto humans could fit that definition if you stretched it.
>>
>>38181119
The guy you're responding to is right though. The anxiety you feel is because you have not actually dissolved your ego to see what remains behind. The fact that something exists to perceive the material is not trivial, and you're deluding yourself if you think you've figured it out while clinging to ego this hard.
>>
>>38181724
I wish my interest could be in immediate happiness and comfort. I need to save up enough to retire before that can happen though. I don't want my happiness to be interrupted by bouts of "working long hours so I can survive" But I'll get there.
>>
>>38181756
"Right" is relative. You think it is right. I think it is wrong. Two different people are more than capable of looking at the same evidence and coming to different conclusions based off of their experiences. Neither is incorrect, or right. Odd that you speak of ego, while pretending to speak from a place of objective thought where there is none.

>>38181843
I think that sums up most people. Good luck.
>>
id like to die but im not gonna try suicide because theres always tge chance youll live and be fucked up

i basically just listen to music a lot and smoke filterless cigarettes a lot. honestly i fear getting to where i cant breathe but if i got brain cancer i feel like id not care about anythibg in euphoric way and then blow my head off with a shotgun because even if i dont suceed in dyibg from that im fucked from cancer
>>
Bump in the most original fashion I can conceive of.
>>
>>38180264
Take the next step and become an absurdist
>>
>>38182569
Isn't absurdism simply ascribing value to the universe without any real basis for it?
>>
>>38182587
yeah but why do you need a "real" basis? you have a subjective basis, which still exists and isn't completely arbitrary, since you'd probably prefer post on 4chan than dig holes every day for 2 dollars a day
>>
>>38180264
Do what i do.
I had those fears of dying, of not being alive or sentient anymore, religous friends wouldn't help, atheist friends are assholes

so instead of hiding in the scared shadow of nihilism, as cool as it was, it was nowhere i wanted to be

So i stood up, embraced the fact we have to die, and now im left with what to do until then

I can work a shit job in a shit town surrounded by shit abusive family, or i can move.

Moving is literally running from my problems, but at least with running from my problems, im getting exercise and getting fresh air..

Find optimism from nihilism and it may just be the happiest feeling you've ever felt.

I live life for me, because i am who i care about, others may like me, some love, but i care about me.

I do what i want to do because at the end of life there will be a mind-erasing void to take me back to where i was before i was born.

but until i go home, im gonna enjoy my time.

my words might be useless "take it e-z lol"
but thats all you can really do.

Dont worry about whats gonna happen then, worry about where you are now, because the end wont change, but you can change how you get there

>inb4 get there with a noose
do what you want man, life is a sinking ship with no lifeboats, just enjoy the last tune by the band
>>
>>38180264
>any other nihilists here??? wahhhh

Any semi intelligent person who fires a few brain cells realizes that life has no innate meaning. Every pubescent teen goes through this stage now. Just get over it and try to give your life some meaning through your actions instead of posting anime images.

Every "nihilist" it seems is a 19 yr old anime poster
>>
>>38184789
>try to give your life some meaning through your actions

Nihilists know that there is no meaning through actions though
>>
passive nihilism is for teenagers and immature robots, nietzche was basically an immature robot with a pre-internet writing habit anyways

read some stirner and go destroy some spooks
>>
>>38183738
+ lovely nose
+ nice skin
+ whole bottom third is excelent
+ forward grown maxilla

- negative eye tilt
- mid face seems kind of long

neutral
fwhr looks like its not in the 1.8's, but i could be wrong

mandatory shit:
- shoot up tren+test+whatever
- get eye surgery for the down tilt
- if u have a family history of balding get on ru58841
- thick long eyebrows ideally with a positive curve at the end
- probably should experiment with a neck piece, a wrist piece and a earpiece if ur lookmaxing/clothesmaxing
- get a really nice haircut

if worst comes to worst do all i say and then move to some asian country or slavic country or latin country

and there u go. but i assume ur not a kv so my advice probably is just some autistic rambling
>>
>>38180264
Didn't know realizing every has no true purpose was nihilism

Its comfy though, I can embrace death at any moment, random nuke, strike of lightning, house fire, mugging gone wrong, w.e

Lots of world 'issues' seems pointless to me, lots of other peoples issues seems stupid, my own issues tend to just be when my body doesn't want to work as hard as I want it, and I don't have enough money to truly live the life I want.

Not that I couldn't live the life I want cheaply.
>>
>>38184839
Well if you are that deep in the nihilism pit, then you should just kill yourself. If you don't you are probably A) a coward or B) you are still living for some reason or another and perscribe value to your life

Even though nihilism is the truth, it's not something you should let fester. It just validates laziness, lack of effort, and failure. "Lmao but why even try do anything because nihilism." As I said, give your life some bullshit meaning or purpose
>>
>>38180264
>How do you deal with realizing that you are meaningless and nothing matters outside of suicide?

Feels pretty meh, suicide is only viable if I become homeless.Otherwise I don't really care, I have the few things I hold dear but otherwise nuclear war would break out and I'd just go on normally. Food tastes bland, conversation is beyond boring, I don't know what people see in television, maybe once in a blue moon an intriguing story will emerge but it's the same old plot lines.

oh well, the basis of my entire life is not caring, so I'll continue doing that. The only thing worth looking forward to is getting a drink with my coworker and playing street fighter
>>
>>38180647
Logic that we experience comes for the biological nature of humans. I find this somewhat comforting knowing that we are part of the physical world, body and mind. There is no difference between my keyboard and myself.
>>
File: Accurate.png (305KB, 720x619px) Image search: [Google]
Accurate.png
305KB, 720x619px
>>38180264
Yeah, nothing means anything, but at least we can abuse feelings of pleasure. I prefer epicureanmism over hedonism. If i go too far it usually just results in a stomachache.
>>
>>38183738
>Just enjoy life and live for the pleasure!
The problem with depression + nihilism is that this isn't an option. "Just change your mindset" doesn't work either.
>>
>>38186092
>Yeah, nothing means anything, but at least we can abuse feelings of pleasure.

That's how I roll too. Even if objectively life is meaningless, you still get to enjoy pleasure and success, so you may as well fight as hard as you can for good feels.

>t. good feels brigade captain
>>
>>38180264
I'm not a nihilist and it's simple. Become a god.
>>
>>38187054
>Become a god
How do? I'm working on wizardry and lucid dreaming, but according to some wizard powerlevel charts it can take decades, and realizing I'm dreaming is fucking hardcore mode.
>>
>>38180855
But what if you find comfort knowing that the extent of your responsibility in life is to experience and push the boundaries of pleasure?
>>
>>38180264
You are babbu.

Read Stirner and Camus.
>>
>>38187367
>Implying this life allows such shit
You gotta be lucky as fuck, otherwise it's a struggle to get the necessary funds/documents to fuck around. There's being a criminal, but unless you're crazy smart and lucky, that shit will just backfire. If you were that much of a Chad in the first place, you could just do anything else and succeed with no risk.
>>
>>38187453
Because the ONLY pleasure in life is Chadding it up and fucking women am I right ;)
>>
>>38187564
Not even what I meant, EVERYTHING costs money, and the things that don't cost money, cost money to get to.
>>
>>38180264
I read 30 pages of the Conspiracy Against the Human Race and then dropped it because it didnt matter
>>
I have been puking blood for a few days and I still haven't seen a doctor, because I hate going to the doctor. I think I have a tear in my esophagus. My beard was covered in blood a few hours ago, I was surprised.
>>
>>38180264
>I have no idea how to deal with this revelation.
Just exist anon, really the entire concept of existence itself is so absurd, that there either always has been something or that at some point in time there was absolute nothing that became something, that pondering weather or not life has meaning is in itself pointless, you're for your knowledge currently alive and existing and the only thing that can tell you this is yourself you have no other frame of reference for existence, so who the only thing to tell you if life has meaning or not is yourself
>>
>>38180264
All true robots are nihilists
>>
I think is closer to apathy
True nihilist wouldn't give a shit about anything, but I'm sure everyone here cares about many things
>>
File: steiner.jpg (62KB, 728x909px) Image search: [Google]
steiner.jpg
62KB, 728x909px
I've felt this vibe quite recently desu.
Was reading article that in ancient Greece women actually preferred small dicks to big ones. It made me ask myself - why would I even care about my dick size, if the only thing that matters is only public acceptance?
But, to be honest, I can put the similar situation to any case, just replace dick length with absolutely anything else.
And so, I came to quite nice thought - why the fuck would I care about anything that is going to have its value replaced even in short term perspective?
The only spook for me to overcome yet is my survival instinct.
>>
>>38185980
>There is no difference between my keyboard and myself.
lmao
>>
I like nihilism because it absolves me of all my problems and responsibilities with a dismissive wave of the hand without compelling me to any kind of action.
>>
beauty is nice though : )
>>
>>38180264
one day, I'll find you and we'll do it togheter
>>
The great thing about the whole "nothing matters" meme is that even that phrase does nit matter so you can pretty easily adopt a "dont give a fuck" type of additude. My best advice is just dont give a fuck about shit like meaning or purpose. Just entertain yourself until you die, find somthing you find intresting/entertaining and keep at it until you rot.
P.s you cant fucking think nothing matters exept death, if nothing matters then death does not matter either.your death means nothing but as long as your alive then fuck it, why not fuck around a bit
>>
>>38190491

this

Also dont forget to take a look at pain and other unpleasant things of life too. If everything is meaningless, then pain and pleasure are all the same. Sometimes suffering is far more interesting than doing things that end it.
>>
>>38180264
I'm an existential nihilist, anon. Just don't slip into moral nihilism. That's when you run into problems. I deal with it by numbing myself as often as possible with weed and alcohol
>>
>>38180264
If nothing matters, then why do yo uhave a problem with being a nihilist? why do you even care about anything?

nothing matters == everything is neutral

if everything is neutral, then what's your problem?
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.