[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone try new age religion and/or buddhism?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: 190px-Eckhhart_Tolle_front.jpg (16KB, 190x287px) Image search: [Google]
190px-Eckhhart_Tolle_front.jpg
16KB, 190x287px
ex-follower of the religion of atheism for 25 years here
>>
File: merkaba2.jpg (20KB, 339x350px) Image search: [Google]
merkaba2.jpg
20KB, 339x350px
>>38180249
fuk errbody bump this shit
Eckhart Tolle never hit me quite right, but it's really cool to hear you're getting into that sorta stuff. Part of the enjoyment for me has always been some of the shit that new age folks believe in (Lemuria and evil Martian hebrews riding merkabahs [read: stars of david] around).

As silly as it may get, though, the sincerity and perceived immediacy/importance of others' well-being is super refreshing and it offers a cure to the toxicity that is 99.99% of modern society, r9k included.
>>
Why are fictional religions better than real life religions?
>>
Eckhart Tolle's a joke
if we all followed his philosophy we'd see the end of the world
>>
File: bububububbubub.jpg (174KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
bububububbubub.jpg
174KB, 1200x675px
>>38181285
I think the biggest change since the last major molding of traditional religions, is population changes and the reliability of health. There's a whole shitton of us now and we have the tech such that disease destroying our societal backbone isn't so much a threat.

Living super by the numbers for the sake of your family and societal units isn't as necessary now as it once was, as the largest cultural bodies are eager for you to fall behind in your child-rearing so your children will simply enter the gravitational pull of obedient mainstream culture. In some part, it's certainly an attractor to push back against this; but on another hand, the technological and organizational progress that has allowed this isn't worth abandoning and won't feasibly be abandoned without some cataclysm.

So independence of the individual is honestly now feasible in a way that it simply wasn't in the past, opening people to new forms of social organization, such as this spiritual inspection of our relationships simply as autonomous individuals?

Ehhh this is just me thinking out loud. Anyone else have thoughts?
>>
>>38180249
I'm an atheist but I follow the principles of Hinduism/Buddhism rather closely
>>
>>38181534
Maybe the end of society as we know it, which would be a good thing. The world would do just fine without humans.
>>
>>38181568
Medication and birth numbers?
I'm sorry, I'm too stupid to understand you, friend.
>>
>>38181624
then kill yourself, I desire to live.
>>
>>38181662
you don't think it's a noble goal to use resources for the best of all creatures? if humans terraformed marz we could leave earth for the animals that didn't wanna come with us
>>
>>38181652
Then it's my fault for not knowing how to phrase things better cutie :(

>>38181662
you're the real angel, honeybun
>>
File: Woah.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Woah.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>38181701
Why are you talking like that?
What are you trying to do to me?
I've already caught the gay once before, I'm trying to cure it, don't fuck it up.
>>
I like Buddhism a lot but some of it gets a little too hippy dippy for me. I can't meditate no matter how hard I try.
>>
File: ibbiibibbibibbib.jpg (478KB, 1136x1280px) Image search: [Google]
ibbiibibbibibbib.jpg
478KB, 1136x1280px
>>38181761
Even if I only post to spout nonsense and trash like I did here, the thing that keeps me around r9k is that this is basically a homosex pressure chamber and watching everyone turn gay is really funny. Guard yourself well you fine lil thang
>>
>>38181783
>I can't meditate no matter how hard I try.

You only need to follow your breath. Don't force it out, just let it flow naturally like a river. If you get distracted just bring your attention back to your breathing.
>>
File: 1488856556053.jpg (36KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
1488856556053.jpg
36KB, 848x900px
>>38181817
>the thing that keeps me around r9k is that this is basically a homosex pressure chamber and watching everyone turn gay is really funny.
You are part of the problem.
>>
>>38180249
Joyofsatan.org

Do not follow the false jew age religion.
>>
File: goyim.jpg (34KB, 312x123px) Image search: [Google]
goyim.jpg
34KB, 312x123px
>>38181839
Jesus told me to turn the goyim gay
>>
>>38181860
Do they give you a new fedora everytime you shill this bullshit?
>>
>>38180249
I dont wanna sound like some kinda faggot, but it comes in nature with the topic

I kinda go my own path, but on the pillars of other religions as a foundation

I'm minimalist as a buddisht to clear mental space,

im passive like christitanity teaches

and i live for myself and the pursuit of betterment like from satansim

if someone asks me my religion i say im agnostic,

i just try to be a good person, and the vibes seem to rub off on those around me
>>
>>38182198
that's really admirable, anon! Being able to select the good parts of ideologies like that is something we really need.
We've got a problem in following a single blanket ideology for the sake of semantic coherence, but that sorta thinking overlooks that humans can be made up of tons of contradictory parts. I think it's why I've hit the redpill of liking monarchy again, so we can have a means by which to choose our path on a case-by-case basis, rather than falling back on doctrine and constant partisan impasses.
>>
>>38182402
exactly, why go your whole life without eating certain foods, or only eating at certain times?
its bologna
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.