[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey all, I wanted to post this on /adv/, but I can already guess

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Hey all, I wanted to post this on /adv/, but I can already guess the kind of response I would get.

I want to talk about suicide. More importantly, how does someone come to a level where they are ready to go through with the suicide?

The only logical thing I can think of is that those who have committed suicide have talked themselves into a state where suicide isn't a scary concept anymore. Much like conditioning ones self to think that something is rational whether it is or isn't. Much like a mantra, or something similar.

Also, the planning stages. How will it be done, where will it be done, etc. I imagine some suicides are very well planned out, to ensure the most success.

Anyways, what is your take on it?
>>
Does anyone have any experience in this department?
>>
>>38162621
Don't realize when you cross suicidal fantasy into suicide attempting reality. You just want it to end as soon as possible. Not everyone can just willingly take a razor and run it down their arm. Those who can don't realize they've come to that point. They're focused on what the purpose of their suicide will achieve. Granted, there will always be people who say they're suicidal, but they're all talk. I see it as let them be. That's they're situation, don't get involved. The planning stages just happen. This is something that builds, not simply occurs. You consider your options and resources. Eventually you become obsessed with the plan. Mine was once my bully spit on me for the day I would just run outside and I had an ally behind a squatter house and pull out the black serrated kitchen knife from home and just slash my throat as hard and as fast as I could. From there I'm free. And that's what it's about about in the end. You're free from pain, agony, and especially your own mind. Nothing more can hurt you.
>>
>>38162621
For me, it's more of a feeling of not enjoying life and knowing that I probably never will. I feel a sense of boredom and I don't get too much satisfaction out of things in life. If I wasn't a pansy, I'd probably go through with it because logically it just makes sense for me. Life is full of obstacles and I know I can overcome them but it's a lot of work if I don't even feel good or accomplished after doing it so I don't see the point. I didn't used to feel like this, before I was like "but suicide is selfish" but now I get it. Hopefully, you'll never have to understand it.

But I don't have that bad of a life compared to other robots so they'd probably have a more valid reason than muh boredom. But, I've seen the amount of feels threads decrease week by week so most robots who could've given you an answer have probably already gone through with it.
>>
>>38163019

And why didn't you do it?
>>
>>38163175
I was already dead on the inside. Literally, I remember the exact moment I realized I don't remember what pain felt like.
>>
>>38163172
Also, I'd probably just use helium or sit in my car if I were to kill myself. It'd be traumatizing for anyone to see my brains splattered on the wall and it's better than taking sleeping pills and calling 911. Obviously they didn't intend to call 911 but that's the stereotype because people that take sleeping pills generally aren't that serious about suicide or else they'd do it with a more effective strategy (imo anyways)

I heard that one guy was gonna leave a note for his family saying that he needs to go on a journey and he doesn't know if he'll come back but in reality he'd just go to Mexico and give himself one in the head so his family is blissfully unaware.
>>
>>38163172

But how does one make the leap. How do they get to the next level where they do do it?
>>
>>38162621
You've never been in states of mind where you were unafraid of death? I have swung into states of depression all the time where if I had a gun by me, I would absolutely shoot myself. I was like this earlier today, in fact.

Another example would be aggression. I have tuned myself to the soldier's wavelength many times, I believe. If you kill more than one of them, then you're beating your enemy. They kill you but you're just one guy, so your suicide mission worked out in some way, yeah?

There are others too. Aloofness wouldn't fall under depression or aggression, but it can make it so that death doesn't really have an emotional impact at all. You don't even care to contemplate it, or if you do, it doesn't particularly move you because you're just so neutral emotionally all around at the moment.

Etc., etc. Lots of emotional perspectives to consider.
>>
>>38163668

>I have swung into states of depression all the time where if I had a gun by me, I would absolutely shoot myself. I was like this earlier today, in fact.

But if you really wanted to kill yourself, you would have found a way to do it. There was something that made you not do it. I'm asking, how does one get over that hurdle and do it, without hesitation?
>>
well i have been at the point for a little while, been looking into hibachi suicide as the most effective method.

i have spent probably a year looking into how to and whenever im more depressed than normal i seem to like the idea more.

i decided once the money runs out its when i do it, i have 3x bags of the charcoal all the tape, painters plastic for sealing the car or tent or whatever i end up using.
it was a good feeling buying the supplys and knowing i can do it when i want to now.

Im just wondering why dont i just load up the car and go for a drive and explore before i off myself but as any depressed person will tell you the effort of anything just seems pointless and i would rather just lay in bed and drink instead
>>
I've noticed that suicide is pretty much impossible to "logic" yourself into committing suicide. You can draw up a pros and cons list and plan it to death but just acknowldging that death is the better option is not enough to cross the barrier.

When I tried to become an hero it was in a state of complete urgency. There was very very little thinking involved. I just wanted to escape the situation immediately. I've seen this a lot reading about suicide online too. People will talk about wanting to die but until something drastic happens they will continue talking.

There's also the case when people just see suicide as a backup plan. It can be a lot easier to do difficult things when you have "well I can just kill myself anyway" in the back of your mind.
>>
>>38163903
>>38163903

i think you are right in the state im in i wont go through with it yet, but i know the situation im in isnt getting any better and once my back is against the wall is when i will go through with it.

basic run down is this,
wife left me and took half my money, i cant even see my kids anymore at all, i started drinking alot and got fired from work about 2 months ago and i have spent nearly all the money i have left only alcohol, i think i have been drunk every day since and i have about $1900 left so not like i have long to go before it runs out the plan is to do it when the money is gone.
if i was in america and had access to guns i probably would have gone and shot the bitch by now but im glad i havnt because then the kids will have no one
>>
>>38164011
I think it may help to just write down all your problems (not here, because it'd probably be too personal) and just try to brainstorm some solutions. Try to form some steps and force yourself to make some of the small ones.

Also it's definitely worth considering your kids. Even if you don't see them and they don't like you, your dad offing himself is going to mess them up. I'm guessing since they can't see you they're teenagers or younger, which is the time when you develop the core of who you are.

Just try, robo. If you truly want to die you can do it at absolutely any time, so there is no reason not to make things a little better.
>>
>>38163799
>There was something that made you not do it.

Yeah, I was in public eating. I wasn't planning on choking myself to death on my food.

>how does one get over that hurdle and do it, without hesitation?

By killing yourself quickly like with a gun, which is why I mentioned it. When you're depressed enough, you'll find it easier not to live than to be in pain (your brain registers certain emotional states like acute depression in the same way as physical pain, I believe), even if your method of suicide is very painful.
>>
For me I'm just reaching a point where life is a much scarier concept than death. Daily I imagine having to live the rest of my life searching for a mate before eventually dying alone, knowing I disappointed everyone I've known, never knowing the feeling of achieving my dreams of having a wife and children that I love more than anything else, love to the depths of my being.

I imagine 50-60 more years of loneliness, self-hatred, futility, disappointment, and it scares me so much. Why would I not just cap it off here? A lifetime of torture awaits me, how is suicide not the better option?

Biggest thing stopping me is my family. I love my mom more than I hate myself at this point. But even with that, I start to wonder if living to make other people not be sad is really worth it
>>
>>38163903
This is partly what I was trying to get at as well when I was talking about using a gun to kill yourself. The gun is quick and doesn't require a lot of planning if you already have it near you, requiring less contemplation about the consequences. I think the motivation here, even if it isn't necessarily apparent to the person, is that the temporary pain of the suicide is preferable to the pain of the emotions, which, again, I believe can be registered as physical pain by the brain. It's "rational" then that some people choose to escape the overwhelming and chronic pain in their lives via a method that requires only temporary pain at most before all pain is dispensed with for good.
>>
>>38164189
I think like this sometimes too, but it honestly depends on my mood. Other times I know I would blame such an outcome on the decline of the West. And if I felt that to be the case, then I wouldn't simply commit suicide.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.