[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wisdom tooth

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

File: 4chan.jpg (9KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
9KB, 220x229px
Going to get a wisdom tooth pulled in a week.

Share wisdom tooth removal stories.
>>
>>38160373
>get gassed like a jude after dropping a xanax
>comfy as fuck
>feel all four teeth being broken and extracted but can't feel literally any pain
>trip comfy balls but don't lose consciousness
>get home and pass the fuck out
>jaw doesn't open fully for a couple days complicating the act of eating

Would do again desu the only problem qas that you have to avoid swallowing liquids a particular way to keep the stitches intact
>>
>>38160373
You have to tell them that you want laughing gas and that you don't want to be put under.
Get super comfy, high , and numb. My doctor showed me my tooth he had to crack to take out and I was happy as could be.
Also bring an iPod, I was stoned on laughing gas listening to Neutral Milk Hotel, it was great.
>>
>>38160456
>>38160521
man you americans.. why do you get laughing gas? is it because you get like 100 teeth taken out at once?

i had one wisdom teeth extracted with local anaesthesia only
>>
>>38160545
I had all four done, tough guy. And I'm not a burger. Do you want a round of applause?
>>
>>38160373
my wisdom teeth came in straight but i have a shitty dental story from a couple years ago
>back left molar had a cavity years before the event of this story
>first and only cavity i've ever had
>filled but the dentist said it was in a weird spot so i should tell him if it hurts later on
>year or so later that spot becomes very sensitive to hot and cold foods, hurts to chew with it
>go to the dentist and tell him
>he tells me i'm just grinding my teeth and it has nothing to do with the cavity
>grinds my tooth down and sends me home
>still hurts weeks later, go in again
>tells me i'm definitely just grinding, files my tooth down
>turns into chronic excruciating pain, go in again
>he files it down
>pats my shoulder and tells me it will get better
>next day i call in an emergency dental appointment on a weekend and the other dentist has to come in on his day off
>immediately gives me an x ray and tells me i need a root canal asap
>drills a small hole and drains the pressure out
>tooth feels immensely better
>get a root canal later that week over the course of two appointments
>extremely unpleasant but much better than the prior pain
fuck that fucking dentist who kept filing my tooth down, that was seriously the worst pain i've ever felt and it was chronic for months
>>
>>38160616
woah chillax, was just asking a question

seems too unnecessary. i'd be more scared to take the gas and spill all my secrets than to get a tooth extracted
>>
Never needed to have a tooth removed because I'm not a genetically inferior subhuman.
>>
Getting mine out in a month. Hope they put me under and I accidentally don't wake up. As a joke, of course.
>>
>>38160666
iktf brah

i'm still fixing shitty dental work from 10 years ago that a FEMALE dentist did

my entire bite collapsed and teeth were hitting in weird places for months

you gotta seriously research a dentist and become their best friend if you like them. i have found a new dentist who's young and with top modern professional training, and i refer ppl to him all the time and never leave without giving him (a firm handshake) a compliment for his amazing work

other stuff you can always fix but tooth damage is irreversible
>>
>>38160666
There are so many dental clowns desu. My dad got a shot that ruined a nerve in his mouth and wouldn't let him open his mouth more than about an inch. He physically could not open his mouth. My sister also works in the dental industry and she hates most the dentists she meets.
>>
>>38160616

Had all 4 taken out with local anesthesia as well. Didn't hurt, but hearing my teeth breaking and grinding wasn't a pleasant experience.
>>
>>38160679
I wonder what would happen if I took the gas and started spewing a whole bunch of /pol/ack stuff
>>
>>38160803
is your dad's jaw better? that's 'sue for malpractice' tier

>>38160749
yeah i agree. although the guy who gave me my root canal was neither the guy who fucked my shit up or told me i needed a root canal. it was the guy who fucked my shit up's son who had awful bedside manner and was bouncing between three operations at the same time. not sure if this is common but it sure is not comfy

anyways i have a crown (basically a fake tooth) there now that i still subconsciously avoid to chew with
>>
>>38160865
Yeah it was a couple years back and yeah he could have sued for that because it was very bad, but my dad is a nice guy and wasn't really one to do something like that. The guy died not long after that anyways. I don't remember how but eventually another dentist was able to fix it.
>>
>>38160835
Not gonna end well if your dentist's name ends on -berg or -stein.
>>
>>38160945
your dad sounds like a good guy, glad his jaw was able to be fixed
>>
>>38160947
>tfw the only two orthodontists in my area's last names ending in either of these
>>
>>38161123
you are joking
>>
>>38161091
He sounds kind of like my Grandpa who refused to ask for promotions because he didn't want his kids growing up spoiled, and used his own money to rent out a hotel when he was on business trips, even though they would have provided it.
>>
>>38160545
We're all very proud of what a big boy you are, anon!
>>
>>38161195
not ruining some old man's life =/= being a wagecuck
>>
Absolute nightmare. I'm pretty sure mine didn't need to be removed because they never bothered me, but these kikes just talked me into doing it for the money.

>have the procedure done and everything goes okay
>get home and mouth will not stop bleeding even though I've been biting down on the gauze firmly since I left
>end up puking up a bunch of blood and bile while my mouth is still bleeding heavily
>was scared I was going to fuck up the holes even worse from puking
>decide to lay down to take a nap so I can sleep it off
>all of a sudden I feel like my nose is going to run a lot
>blood starts pouring out of my right nostril
>shove tissues up my nose and go to sleep
>in the days following, the stitches start to dissolve, so I have these long strings dangling around in my mouth which I have to pull out with tweezers
>end up getting dry sockets in 3 out of the 4 holes which still haven't fully healed 8 months later
>jaw was completely fucked for about 4 weeks after the surgery
>couldn't fully open my mouth to eat, so I had to either take small bites or smash the food into my mouth
>to this day I still have to rinse my mouth with my drink after I eat to get all the food out of the holes
>>
>>38161262
What I meant was that they both nice people, but sure, find a way to be mean about it.
>>
>>38161313
i thought you were being negative, misread your post when i replied, sry buddy
>>
>>38160373
>loss.jpg
>>
>>38161341
no problem friend
originoli
>>
>>38161279
Holy fuck that sounds awful. Sorry you had to go through that.
>>
>be 15-16, don't remember
>go into room where they do it
>put on mask they gave me and fall asleep
>feels like 5 minutes and wake up
>a little bit dizzy but feel fine
>am given painkillers
>mom drives me home
>feel not in pain that much
>one hour later, pain hits, can taste blood and mouth is really numb
>gets worse, it hurts to think, can't sleep because it hurts so much
>get up to get a painkiller
>where are my painkillers
>ask my mom
>"oh honey don't you know those things are addictive? I don't want you using them so I threw them out"
>wtf
>get mad at her, tell her this feels like death
>"you just gotta tough it out, better to feel a bit of pain than to go through life as an addict"
>stay lying down mostly for three days, things get bearable but still hurts for another four or so days

I still don't understand why she did that.
>>
>>38161739
my neurotic mom did the same thing to my younger brother when he had his wisdom teeth out

he was fine with it though and was like 'it barely hurt'

then he got an abscess and dry socket lel, love my brother though
>>
>>38161279
>bleeding won't stop
>holes didn't heal

are you sure you aren't diabetic?
>>
Never had teeth problems, is it genetics?
>>
>>38162205
if laziness is genetic then yes
>>
>>38160373
Once its over, chewing will be very weird/difficult for about 1 to 2 weeks
>>
>tfw had 8 wisdom teeth removed

they gave me some oxy so it was all good
>>
>>38162318
how in the fuck do you even get eight wisdom teeth?
>>
>>38162318
sharkboy better find his lavagirl
>>
I took 4 of Tylenol 3's by accident right after I got mine out and I didn't feel anything. I didn't even fall asleep.
>>
>>38162205
maybe a little but basically if you don't eat a disgusting amount of sugar you won't have a problem
>>
File: 1498259754726.jpg (75KB, 680x814px) Image search: [Google]
1498259754726.jpg
75KB, 680x814px
>white people

Just bear the pain you fucking pussies
>>
you guys are all fucking pussies fuck laughing gas you fucking btiches just wann aget high and are to pussy for weed you fucking faggots!
>>
File: 20161214_132749.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161214_132749.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Got this curved mother fucker out after 2 shots of whatever in the fuck, a scalpel, a chisel, and some pliers. Sadly I did not get to keep it.
>>
>>38161739
Jesus that must have been hell
>>
>>38162552
>>38162593
>guy destroys a bone which encases a nerve
>pulls it out piece by piece
>pulls out and caps off the nerve
>bro it's just a prank who needs anesthesia
>>
>>38161279
>bleeding wont stop
>takes a nap
should have went to the hospital desu
>>
I'm worried about ever needing them taken out. I don't want to say something embarrassing, sexual or autistic while high to my family.
>>
>>38163131
For me the "high" probably lasted less than 30 seconds and it was only mild dizziness. I don't think it will be an issue depending on what they use.
>>
>>38160373
i got all 4 out.
my top ones were so deep and close to my nazal cavity that the Doc told me not to sneeze for 2 weeks... it was all good thoough
>>
Go to a reputable surgeon. I went to a shitty surgeon and had anesthesia awareness the whole time. I was supposed to be IV sedated, as in knocked the fuck out. My sister got what I was supposed to get, and she basically fell asleep and woke up with no wisdom teeth. I was awake and in agonizing pain and terror. I was so fucked afterwards that my mom heeded my beck and call for a week out of fear that I would hate her. I honestly felt like I was tortured.

Get a prescription for a benzo beforehand, and an opioid afterwards. Even if you don't need them, it's a good opportunity to get legal, pharm grade stuff.

What your recovery is like depends on your particular mouth and the skill of the surgeon. I was in nonstop pain for two days after my procedure. CONSTANTLY seeping blood from the wounds. Went through tons of gauze. Went through tons of hydrocodone but still couldn't sleep.
>>
>>38163192
>get the gas
>unconscious
>the dentist and his assistant take silly photos of you and/or cum in your mouth
>you will never know
>>
>>38163237
This, go to a surgeon and get knocked out.

They gave me some knock-out gas, I fell asleep, and woke up what felt like 10 seconds later with all my wisdom teeth out.

I was able to drive myself home.
>>
>>38163192
then when they find out how terrible a person you are they fuck you up during the procedure on purpose.
>>
File: 1403840224910s.jpg (3KB, 120x125px) Image search: [Google]
1403840224910s.jpg
3KB, 120x125px
>high pain tolerance
>dentist checks teeth
>m8 your fuckin wisdom teeth have fucked your back teeth, aren't you in pain?
>no
>>
>>38163237
so like you could feel it but not move?
>>
>>38160373
>hand sprayed with ice cold shit
>needle stuck into hand
>pass out after a few seconds
>after what feels like a couple seconds, it's already over
>taken out of office on a wheelchair, even though i could walk
>spend next several days eating nothing but jello and ice cream

enjoy changing gauze constantly, that's the worst part
>>
>>38163416
The sensation was as if I could move if I wanted to, but was choosing not to. Hard to explain.
>>
>get laughing gas
>song on radio plays into the office
>"I can't feel my face when I'm with you"
>I point this out to the dentist and we chuckle

It was a bitch to get my insurance company to cover it, but I got them taken out in pairs. I walked out of the office feeling normal within minutes. Only thing that bugged me was a smell of infection, I guess nothing happened but I was paranoid and it drove me nuts for a couple weeks.
>>
>>38160373
>get gassed
>wake up with fewer teeth
>don't eat as much for a couple of weeks and ice my face for a while
>completely fine in no time
I had a whole bunch done in one go and it was completely fine. I was expecting something exciting to happen.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>38160373

>March 2017
>Laying in bed
>cant even open mouth 10/10 pain
>persists for a couple weeks varying intensity
>stops
>1 week later dog of 9 years dies

I thought teeth related visions of death only happened in dreams. No pain since then :' \
>>
My experience was pretty awful, but mostly because of the aftermath, not the procedure itself. I got local anesthetic too, so I was conscious and not put on laughing gas; even then, it only felt like someone was putting a lot of pressure on my teeth. There was little to no actual pain, and the operation took no more than 20 minutes after my mouth got numb.

About an hour after I left the dentist, though, the numbness wore off and it became hell on Earth. There was an aching pain where all four of the teeth had been that wouldn't subside for anything. It was only like a 7/10 pain, but the fact that it was so constant was what made it unbearable. I bled a lot too, and went through two wads of gauze every 20 minutes or so for the first 2-3 hours. Eventually, I felt like the gauze was accentuating the pain, and the bleeding wasn't quite as bad as at first, so I made a judgement call and stopped using the gauze entirely. After about two more hours, I started throwing up all the blood I inadvertently swallowed. Also, I couldn't eat anything, and couldn't focus because of the pain. Honestly, that pain was bad - literally to the point where I was laying on my back in bed pounding my fist on the sheet next to me for about 15 minutes, because I couldn't bring myself to do anything else. Also, my face was annoyingly swollen and I had to keep an ice pack against it most of the time.

All that only lasted about 6 hours total, luckily. The pain and bleeding seemed to stop pretty suddenly after that. I still had occasional spurts of pain for another week or more, particularly when I laid my head down to go to sleep, and the holes where the teeth were took a long time to close up, so I had to keep squirting water into them to get rid of the little food particles that got in there for about a month.

My experience was probably one of the worse outcomes one could hope for.
>>
File: 1494550782966.jpg (34KB, 222x236px) Image search: [Google]
1494550782966.jpg
34KB, 222x236px
>highly acidic saliva
>it doesn't matter how much I brush I am pretty much guaranteed cavities
>my cavities are pinhole sized
>they don't spread across the surface
>they go straight down to the root
Hooray for shit teeth genetics. At least my dentist says I have perfect gums
>>
>>38160373
Navy fag. They shot my gums up with painkillers and went to work on all corners. Chipped the tooth, scraped out the rest. Went gauze mode for a week or so unable to eat properly. It pissed me off. Food got stuck in the holes after they healed up. Shit blows but you'll get over it.
I felt everything. Every. Little. Scrape.
>>
>>38160373
Haven't had my wisdom tooth pulled, yet. By what age were you supposed to get it pulled? inb4 fuck your parents
>>
>>38160373

I got mine removed 2 at a time. The first surgery was okay, the pain was savage but there were no complications, the second one on the other hand:

>doctor wraps up everything in about 10 minutes
>glad it is finally over and go home
>remember that the last time I did not cool the spot enough, it swole up to inhuman dimensions
>chill, watch anime and swap those ice packets
>somewhere around noon I realize that there is awfully much saliva collecting in my mouth
>do not think much of it
>continue until evening
>realize that there is some clot in the corner of the mouth
>go to the toilet
>spit out
>blood, blood everywhere
>reach inside with my fingers and pull out a huge blood clot
>slowly get concerned
>push a gauze in my mouth and bite down on it
>shit is not stopping and my stomach reports that I am swallowing critical amounts of blood
>it is night at this point,barely any doctor available
>decide that everything is better than spending a whole night vomitting blood
>call ambulance
>they get me to some lone hospital across the city that specializes in dental emergencies
>wait for around half an hour with my stomach churning and spitting blood
>finally get treated
>get the fuck cauterized out of my gums
>pumped full of painkillers
>finally get out and vomit
>have to get home on my own
>hop trains all across the city with my face hurting like hell and high on painkillers
>finally get home and instantly fall asleep fully clothed
>wake up next morning with face swolen like I got stomped by an elephant and even opening my mouth to speak is a serious challenge
>suffer for a whole week

Have fun OP
>>
>>38160709
this
OP pic made me lel though
>>
>>38160373
Oh fuck you just reminded me of something.
>Went to dentist a few weeks before summer started
>Got Xray results
>Wisdom Teeth growing right into a fucking nerve
>Need to get a professional who specializes in wisdom teeth to give opinion
>The soonest possible time is Thanksgiving Day
And that wont be the worse thing that ever happened to me on a holiday.
>>
>>38160666
>dentist pushed the file too far into my root and it hurt so bad I started flailing and punched the female assistant in the face
I have to go back to get me crown
>>
>>38162622
Didnt ask for it or did the doctor just say no?
>I got to keep mine
>>
>>38160373
>tfw horizontal and still haven't had them removed
They're not uncomfortable or painful, but my dentist says they need to go before an infection develops. Also they should go before I try to have them unfuck the alignment of my teeth. I'm very afraid of being sedated and I have a feeling I may vomit if put under heavy numbing agents but still able to see and hear shit going down. Wat do?
>>
Get 2 on each side of mouth removed separately a month apart, so you can chew on the other side and . Don't be put to sleep, its a waste of time and money, you pussy. Bring a bag of ice cubes with you or like a frozen water bottle and a towel to hold it. You won't feel anything, don't worry about the crunching and cracking sounds. Immediately after just hold the ice bag/bottle up directly on the skin for the next 2-3 hours, keep it there as long as you can stand, then go right back to icing yourself. If you do this starting right after surgery, then you won't have any swelling, the bleeding will have stopped shortly, and then just rinse with salt water for a week and then you come back next week and they give you a plastic tube to squirt water in the hole until it closes up.
>>
File: (f)loss.jpg (67KB, 300x319px) Image search: [Google]
(f)loss.jpg
67KB, 300x319px
Remember to floss robots
>>
>>38166663
>tfw I fear any kind of drug that reduces inhibitions on the chance that I go full /pol/ or full /lgbt/
I'm not ready to have those conversations.
>>
>had 5 wisdom teeth
>jew doctor gasses me and i fall asleep counting back from 10
>wake up and leave
>mouth swollen and kind of sore, kinda uncomfortable but feeling wavy from the gas still
>eat some pain pills and chill at home for a few days
>wasn't that bad at all
>>
>>38160373
>Have three compacted teeth
>Two of which were pushing against my other teeth
>After noticing chronic pain, decide to get them removed
>Employer pays for expensive surgery
>Asked him multiple times if he was sure he wanted to do that
>Go to operating table, they put a needle in my arm
>Ask them how long it will take, and they told me it wouldn't take long

And that's the last thing I remember before waking up with three massive bleeding holes in my mouth. Couldn't talk at all due to my mouth being completely numb and fill of blood and ooze. I lived off ice cream and matcha tea for the next two weeks.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.