[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you suffer from social anxiety?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1499107105206.jpg (179KB, 2102x1176px) Image search: [Google]
1499107105206.jpg
179KB, 2102x1176px
Do you suffer from social anxiety?
>>
>>38146487
I was diagnosed with SAD, but then it turned out to be AvPD
>>
File: Angry Cry.jpg (53KB, 396x282px) Image search: [Google]
Angry Cry.jpg
53KB, 396x282px
I was diagnosed with SAD, but then it turned out to be MAD.
>>
>>38146487
what even IS social anxiety. it's become such a tumblr esque buzz word that it's lost any meaning in my head.

is it just being anxious when you're around people?
>>
yes, i was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder when i was 16, i'm doing a lot better 9 years later, but i'm still FUCKED
>>
>>38146613
>Social phobias
>Fear of scrutiny by other people leading to avoidance of social situations. More pervasive social phobias are usually associated with low self-esteem and fear of criticism. They may present as a complaint of blushing, hand tremor, nausea, or urgency of micturition, the patient sometimes being convinced that one of these secondary manifestations of their anxiety is the primary problem. Symptoms may progress to panic attacks.

>Anthropophobia
>Social neurosis
>>
>>38146580
You mean mutual assured destruction?
>>
>>38146702
That's exactly what anger leads to.
>>
>>38146501
>I was diagnosed with SAD, but then it turned out to be AvPD
I was also diagnosed with social anxiety but AvPD seems much more likely
They actually overestimate how anxious I get so I have a feeling they overdiagnose this stuff
>>
Yes have been diagnosed with GAD
>>
>>38146487

general anxiety master race
>>
at this point in my life I think it's probably closer to autism but I was diagnosed with agoraphobia

driving during the day in traffic makes me freak out, going to the grocery store when it's crowded, walking in front of groups of people, etc.

I basically don't feel comfortable away from home, ever, unless there are no other people around.
>>
>>38146487
No. I am asocial. You can't have social anxiety when you don't see your self as a part of the society,
>>
>>38146985
>You can't have social anxiety when you don't see your self as a part of the society,
seems like you could phrase this better

I think a lot of depressed and dysfunctional people do see themselves as superfluous and unnecessary because they have blocks that prevent them from succeeding in life. It's not the same as actually going out of your way to avoid participation but it is the same kind of resigned attitude even if it's depressing and painful to accept.

In your case it actually might be a schizoid spectrum problem.
>>
>>38146622
>>38146925
>>38146944
This thread is not about GAD
Leave
>>
>thought I had social anxiety
>was actually depersonalization disorder
>used mindfulness to get out of it
>am fine in social situations now
>>
I thought I had social anxiety and depression and although I do I think my problems go way beyond that

whether or not I have autism or something I don't know. all I do know is that in some way I am wired differently from 99% of people. I cannot be around people without them commenting that my behavior is strange despite the fact that I think I'm being completely normal. This is how it's always been and always will be.
>>
File: 1498830766441.jpg (74KB, 785x644px) Image search: [Google]
1498830766441.jpg
74KB, 785x644px
I have social anxiety, I am totally retarded in social situations
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.