[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dale Carnegie

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Has anyone here read his famous book?

His technique to obtaining friends is literally "be a nice guy kiss-ass by listening to other people's problems and never ever talk about yourself".

Problem is, I already did that all the way through middle and high school and I never got a girlfriend or was invited to a single party. People only ever talked to me when they wanted help with math homework.

Anyone on /r9k/ got any GOOD self-help books so I don't remain a friendless loser through college? Or at the very least have people respect me.
>>
>>38145386
You could take my advice which only works if you're able to keep up the facade which is

Pretend to be dumb, people seem to be drawn to dumb people.

It has always worked for me, partially because I think that other people secretly wished I was dumb, and not wanting to know the real me.
>>
File: 1387487973670.png (277KB, 501x550px) Image search: [Google]
1387487973670.png
277KB, 501x550px
>self-help books
>>
>>38145470
So do normies think dumb people won't judge them, so they feel safer around them?
>>
>you will never be THIS retarded
>>
Try to be funny. If you have nothing of value to add to group of people you'll never make friends. And you probably have no connections or talents or anything of value at all to offer, so you should develop a sense of humor.
>>
>>38145565
This. I'm known as the funny guy with a normie guy who is also my dealer. If I wasn't funny he wouldn't even talk to me
>>
>>38145534
Elaborate
>>38145565
Pretty sure you're describing the class clown that no-one really likes at the end of the day.
>>
>>38145521
Yeah, that and they love to act smart and have someone to talk to who's not spouting new info at them 24/7
>>
>>38145386
You're supposed to genuinely like other people, which is impossible in most cases.
>>
>>38145386
Of course a book about adult relationships isn't going to apply to a bunch of kids
>>
>>38145784
But I'm on the cusp of adulthood, and even people with far worse lives than I do have friends.
>>
>>38145589
There's a difference between being funny and being a clown.
>>
>>38145847
not him, but that's not what the guys in this thread are implying. all they're saying is, I think, "make others laugh, so they have a minimal reason to keep you around".

actually, naturally, non tryhard funny people are usually pretty high up on the social hierarchy. I don't think op is going up there anytime soon desu.
>>
>>38145565
how do i be funny?
>>
File: 1499103173716.png (203KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
1499103173716.png
203KB, 612x408px
>>38145386
>Enjoy your life and your job

ITT: Handshake Dad-approved lit
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.