[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you will die one day >there's nothing afterwards

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: download.png (3KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3KB, 168x168px
>you will die one day
>there's nothing afterwards
>>
Probably not true. I mean, how can something come from nothing, and then become nothing again? Don't make sense I tell ya h'whut.
>>
>>38143860
Tell me about your life before you were born.
>>
File: 1498722506339.gif (1MB, 200x171px) Image search: [Google]
1498722506339.gif
1MB, 200x171px
NOOOOOOO
STOOOP
I CANT HANDLE IT
REEEEEEE
>>
File: 1486274356110.png (126KB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
1486274356110.png
126KB, 309x313px
>>38143709
I don't want to return to nothingness.
>>
look at it positively.

>there is a next life
>you are born mega rich
>your mom is your wife in the next life

pretty solid
>>
>>38143945
I was an iddie biddie spermie in my daddies balsie walsies.
>>
File: 1498629721208.jpg (260KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1498629721208.jpg
260KB, 640x640px
Only the ego dies. We are just fragments of a greater force that animates flesh, that is the eternal self, god.
>>
>>38143709
one an only hope that is the case
>>
>>38144035

seriously, its probably 10x worse.
>>
>>38143709
Oh well~
See you after equalibrium
>>
>>38143976

If there is a reincarnation-style next life then it's almost certainly going to be influenced by your actions in this life and that probably means that you have a much better chance of being reborn as a tapeworm attached to a stray dog's small intestine than as a rich kid.
>>
>>38143945

you didn't exist in any sense prior to birth.
>>
>>38143709

>implying we aren't already in hell

Shockingly unoriginal kek
>>
>>38143945
>I can't see it
>Therefore, it doesn't exist
Your theory also disproves the air you are breathing.

Explain to me how you know you actually exist in the first place, then we can talk about your continued existence that persists past your body.
>>
>>38143945
before I was born I was hot sticky jizz in my dad's ball sack
>>
>>38143709
I'm more than fine with this.
The idea of heaven scared the shit out of me before I grew out of christianity at the age of 6.
>>
>>38143709
For some reason the idea that I'm gonna die triggers me even more when I'm tired, like right now I almost had a heart attack reading this
>>
>you will die one day
>there's something afterwords
>what happens to you next is based on how well you lived your life
>>
>>38144139
You can feel and measure air, dumbass. Are you unironically serious right now?

Fuck me.

>how does anything exist?

We don't know how the universe began if that's what you're asking. What, you think that somehow means consciousness is fucking magic or some bullshit? How does that follow, you pseudo-intellectual twat?
>>
File: Hannibal.jpg (136KB, 1912x1072px) Image search: [Google]
Hannibal.jpg
136KB, 1912x1072px
>>38143972
Come from clay, return to clay
>>
File: IMG_1437.png (17KB, 212x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1437.png
17KB, 212x200px
>>38143709
>tfw (in an original manner)
>>
>>38145187
You missed both points yet pretend you are the smart one.

You cannot see air. Yes obviously you can detect it other ways, but that is not the point.
Things can also happen that you cannot remember. The same reason air still exists is the same reason things you don't remember still happened.

I said nothing about consciousness. If you claim you exist, prove it to me. How can you prove to me you exist?
>>
>>38145390
>Yes obviously you can detect it other ways, but that is not the point.

Except it is the point, retard. Air is objectively measurable. Is the conscious existence you claim we had before we were born empirically verifiable? Can we see and alter its associated processes and structures like we can with real consciousness and the brain? Dumbass.

>prove to me you exist

I can prove it to you to the best of our epistemic limits with the scientific method. Only my own consciousness is more provable to me than that.

>I said nothing about consciousness

Yeah you did. You mentioned how ridiculous you think it is to say that our conscious experience reduces to nothing after death like it was before life, with no good reasons for that belief, and you still haven't backed it up.
>>
>>38145511
Again, I said nothing about consciousness.

Someone tried to prove they didn't exist before they were born on the basis they could not remember it.
So anything I cannot remember did not happen?
Anything I cannot see doesn't exist?
It's not a valid argument.

How is it more provable to yourself than me? It requires faith to even believe your own senses. If they are electrical impulses isn't it possible reality doesn't exist and you could be a brain in a jar electrically stimulated to believe you are real and everyone around you is real?
>>
>>38145572
It isn't only about a single event in memory, it's about a chain of memories. I don't remember what happened to me last night while I slept, but I remember plenty of things before it, and are experiencing things after it. I have reference points in memory stretching back to a certain point in early childhood like everyone else. No one has memories of before their birth and - what a coincidence! - that happens to match up nicely with a naturalistic model of reality in which our consciousness depends on our bodies functioning.

>How is it more provable to yourself than me?

I think, therefore I am. I can't doubt my existence while I doubt...

>It requires faith to even believe your own senses.

Oh you think you're clever for acknowledging the "brains in jars" thought experiment? As I said before, I can prove to you that I exist as well as is possible **within our epistemic limits**. Ultimately all I can know is that I exist as a conscious entity, yes, and beyond that, everything, including the senses which inform my consciousness, must be assumed to be true for practical purposes, mr. first-year philosophy. So we're tasked with devising a method for discerning objectivity as best we can, which is where science comes in.

Tell me, how can you do better than science when trying to figure out what's real, as best as you can tell?
>>
>>38143988
>>38144177
Now tell me about your life before your dad and you were born
>>
>>38143709
>>there's nothing afterwards
This doesn't really bother me for some reason.
>>
>>38143709
>tfw I don't give a shit
>tfw I don't believe in any god
Who's here /camus/
>>
>>38143709
prove it
>>
God I fucking hope
I don't want to persist through another life or even eternity
>>
>>38145745
>I'm real because I feel
>My sense are just electrical impulses
>Everything I experience is subjective yet I pretend it's authoritative.

You proved nothing except your own ignorance.
>>
>>38143709
Ill have lived a good life and thats what matters.

>inb4 unfunny comment saying i have no life.
>>
>>38146395
Your consciousness is your brain. All you thoughts and memories are electrical impulses. When the brain rots away all that information is destroyed.
>>
>>38143709
literally the only good thing about life. what's wrong with you people?
>>
>>38148134
Not everyone is self loathing
Some have something to lose
>>
>>38143709
>you will die one day
>you will just keep living the same life again for ever and ever, you'll never transform out of pessimism, you'll always struggle and you'll always approach death
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.