[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that Jesus Christ is the Word and the way. If

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 13

File: thechrist.gif (778KB, 840x1296px) Image search: [Google]
thechrist.gif
778KB, 840x1296px
Daily reminder that Jesus Christ is the Word and the way. If you've never opened your heart to him what have you to lose?

Also /Christian/ general.
>>
>>38142368
lmao gOD isnt real m8
>>
File: 1498114754803.png (245KB, 462x456px) Image search: [Google]
1498114754803.png
245KB, 462x456px
Stop worshiping the kike on a pike.
>>
>>38142391
It always saddens me to meet people who will never give Christ a chance, never try to approach God, and never experience the Holy Spirit working in their lives.

>>38142423
That's pretty rude, anon. What do you gain by it? Personal amusement?
>>
>>38142449
Holier than thou Christ cucks should leave desu. You people and the kikes are the reason we let so many non-whites into the west.
>>
>>38142368
>what have you to lose?

Enjoying life, you Mongolian.
>>
>>38142476
But I am not holier than thou or even imagine myself better than anyone, really. (Save for Muslims and Communists, but that's because I'm just a man who has hate in his heart.)

Why are you so hostile to the Christ? Doesn't it strike you as odd that he predicted exactly how people would continue to mock him as long as the world lives and that his followers would be ridiculed too?
>>
>>38142515
Can you not enjoy life without wallowing in sin? Are there not simple, wholesome pleasures that a man can enjoy?

I mean, of course a man will always sin and I am no exception, but we must at least try.
>>
>>38142531
>Doesn't it strike you as odd that he predicted exactly how people would continue to mock him as long as the world lives and that his followers would be ridiculed too?
No, it doesn't. That's not really an astounding prediction when you have a retarded idea and most people will dislike it. Sounds like the writers of your holy book were just covering their bases.
>>
Can Jesus/God get rid of my shitty coworker that makes my life a living hell? If not then I want nothing to do with them.
>>
>>38142558
>Can you not enjoy life without wallowing in sin?
Lol. I work, play video games, and sleep. Why do you assume that I wallow in sin?
>>
File: stirner.png (96KB, 500x483px) Image search: [Google]
stirner.png
96KB, 500x483px
spooks. stop believing jewish lies.
>>
What if you religious guys are wrong?
>>
>>38142558
There is literally nothing wrong with sin. The whole concept was invented by clergy hellbent on controlling every aspect of people's lives. By defining completely normal and natural things such as sexuality as sin, you're guaranteed that everyone will sin and be vulnerable to being guilt tripped into obeying the church. You are being deceived by the oldest trick in one of the oldest books in the world.
>>
>>38142368
>implying some cuck that got crucified is the son of god

The one and only true god smiles upon my fellow Jews.
>>
>>38142566
How is loving one another and God a retarded idea?

>>38142589
No, you're supposed to love him and forgive his transgressions again you. There's a co-worker who never stops talking where I work and sometimes I loathe him until I remember I too have faults.

>>38142596
Is there nothing else to your life besides selfish consumption? Do you not pass by your brothers and sisters who have nothing and ignore them?

>>38142608
Then I have lost nothing that I desired. As I said, what do you lose by giving the Christ a chance? At the worst you turn against him and go back to how you were before.
>>
>>38142368
Good thread brah, unfortunately there are too many fags here who dont understand
>>38142423
>talks bad about Christ while listening to a retard living in the woods off of welfare spouting off nonsense about smite Gods

Nice

>>38142615
>nothing matters morality is a method of control so I can do fuckall with no consequences

Nice thought process
>>
why is jesus always portrayed as a white blue-eyed male when was he a dirty brown semetic who was probably 5'5" max
>>
>>38142669
Appearance is pretty arbitrary when you are the God of the universe I suppose

Nice ad hominem attempt though
>>
>>38142645
>loving one another and God
>the Bible
Nice of you to ignore all the terrible shit in the Bible

>The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 & Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9).

>God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3).

Defend this.
>>
>>38142645
>what do you lose by giving the Christ a chance?
Pledging allegiance to a false god will likely lead you to damnation in the afterlife. Since it's not absolutely clear who's in charge, it's more sensible to make no picks, since chances are that whoever you choose is the wrong choice.
>>
>>38142615
>implying that a sin-free life isn't conducive to the happiest life
>>
>>38142669
Propaganda to get Europeans to relinquish their own religion and replace it with this goy subversion dogma
>>
>>38142368
Who cares what some schizophrenic hippy Arab has to say?
>>
>>38142645
>Do you not pass by your brothers and sisters who have nothing and ignore them?

Who are my brothers and sisters, the people? They don't give a fuck about me and you. Stop being such a cuck and live your own life.

>Is there nothing else to your life besides selfish consumption?

Are you stupid? My fucking job pays my bills, that's how I get to live under a roof. I don't have time to babysit.
>>
>>38142669
Because different people and cultures interpreted his appearance in different ways. In the Orthodox church you'll find many icons that present him with a much duskier skintone.

>>38142693
Again you refer to the Old Testament as if it were still the law. And no one besides fundamentalists interpret the Bible literally, not even the Catholic church does. We see it as a document divinely inspired by edited and translated by fallible men.

>>38142700
Pascal's Wager, huh? You should have just said those words.
>>
>>38142661
>nothing matters morality is a method of control so I can do fuckall with no consequences
Morality is not necessarily a method of control, but the christian concept of sin certainly is. Religion isn't required to be a good person. Most people are hardwired to have emphaty towards their fellow man whether they are religious or not.
>>
>>38142669
Because he's trying to teach you that race doesn't matter. Is literally a parable for you niggers to learn
>>
>>38142749
Yes, the people. It is clear you have grown bitter towards your fellow man on all accounts. You know there are many loving and giving people out there, many of whom aren't Christian either.

Perhaps try giving, anon. Maybe once in your life do something for those less fortunate and see how you feel.
>>
>>38142756
>Pascal's Wager, huh? You should have just said those words.
Identifying an argument doesn't make it dismissable without a counterargument.
>>
File: 76531483222244602.png (319KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
76531483222244602.png
319KB, 803x688px
>>38142368
Nice try OP, you almost got me
>>
>>38142756
>it's ok cause I don't follow it
Wow now that really made me think.
>>
>>38142795
But I didn't dismiss it OP, I just found it a little funny how you presented it. One could've just said "How about Pascal's Wager?"

"Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss (some pleasures, luxury, etc.), whereas they stand to receive infinite gains (as represented by eternity in Heaven) and avoid infinite losses (eternity in Hell)."

-- "Blaise Pascal", Columbia History of Western Philosophy, page 353
>>
>>38142757
Empathy and morality are two very different things, if I go out and steal a bunch of stuff is my biological predisposition to empathy going to stop me? Probably not but If I were to bash someone with a rock then empathy would certainly play a role.

I'm sure there are morally sound Atheists/agnostics but when ever atheism is the status quo immorality usually reigns
Ex. Soviet Union, PRC, Modern day Urban centers, and any other communist/liberal hellhole that pushes atheism
>>
>>38142830
I never said it was okay, anon, but you're trying to paint us as faithful to the Old Testament. Why is it you ignore the New Testament consistently when it is the basis for Christian doctrine?

I suppose it is because you know it would give you little to support your arguments.
>>
>>38142854

Wickedness runs amok in every country on the face of this planet. You've just got blinders on.
>>
>>38142854
OP here. It always gives me a giggle how people dismiss that atheist nations seem to fall apart fairly rapidly.
>>
File: 1487688884007.png (102KB, 609x497px) Image search: [Google]
1487688884007.png
102KB, 609x497px
>>38142894
Of course it does, anon. We are humans and we sin. Is it not weakness to simply give up and give yourself over to wickedness just because it surrounds you?
>>
>>38142780
>It is clear you have grown bitter towards your fellow man on all accounts.

How so? I've never express that I grew bitter towards my fellow man. What I said is truth. How about you socialize outside the church and see how far that gets you.

>You know there are many loving and giving people out there, many of whom aren't Christian either.

Yes, and? I care for people who have done some good to society. I've also met people who have been dicks to me.

>Perhaps try giving, anon. Maybe once in your life do something for those less fortunate and see how you feel.

How about you let them earn by working if they're grown adults. I was poor too until I worked my ass off. Giving will not help people improve their lifestyle.
>>
>>38142894
Certainly it does but did it happen when the vast majority of the population was religious? Certainly not to the same extent. Also you have to realize that in places like the Southern United States degenerative things happen at a much less frequent rate than a non-religious place like San Francisco or New York
>>
>>38142924
I don't know you so I must have gotten the wrong impression about you. Your posts seem a little hostile towards your fellow man.

Some people cannot help themselves. There are many mentally ill people wandering our streets who cannot even manage the act of washing ourselves. How can you turn your back on them and tell them they just need to get a job?
>>
>>38142854
>I'm sure there are morally sound Atheists/agnostics but when ever atheism is the status quo immorality usually reigns
Same could be said about religion as well. The middle east, large parts of christian Africa, India. The best places to live usually have people who aren't too religious or completely unreligious. The kind of people who identify themselves as christian, but never go to church, for example.
>>
>>38142961
Washing themselves, whoops.
>>
File: 1498763176305.jpg (262KB, 624x624px) Image search: [Google]
1498763176305.jpg
262KB, 624x624px
I'm a Pagan and I honor the gods of my ancestors. Keep your sand merchant religion, and I'll keep my Evropean one.
>>
>>38142837
You did dismiss it. Answer my question. Why would I choose your god over any other god?
>>
>>38142966
India is a hindu hellhole, truly a Godless place

Africa is newly Christianized but Christianity is concentrated in sub-saharan Africa, as far as the non religious sectors you speak of none presently exist, unless you refer to the Islamic dictatorships of North Africa which no longer exist after the Arab Spring, these regimes were built on sharia law anyhow and are poor examples of secular success.
>>
>>38142991
I do not dismiss the depictions of violence in the Old Testament but it is simply not the law that Christians live by today. You'll want to prod the Jews about how they justify it.

Why would you not choose the only God that represents love and would live as the Son of Man just to suffer? Where else will you find a God that cared so much for us that he opted to live as one of us, born in a dirty manger to lowly parents?
>>
>>38142980
Most autistic post I've ever seen on r9k and thats saying something, nice job man.
>>
>>38142961
>There are many mentally ill people wandering our streets

There are programs out there.

>who cannot even manage the act of washing ourselves.

I'm not talking about mental retardation. At that point they will be forever neets.
>>
>>38143061
You might wanna re-read the post you replied to.
>>
>>38143082
I live in a poor neighborhood and see people everyday who aren't retarded but so mentally ill they cannot complete even a simple task without screaming at hallucinations.

Many of them cannot even manage to ride the bus to these programs, or even focus on a goal long enough to complete it.
>>
>>38143112
The point I was making before I went off on a tanget was that Christian religious institutions have only recently been introduced to African societies and need time to take hold (if they even do considering the low IQ of the population)

Also any nation that has embraced post modernist views on religion is typically legally structured around Christian law or morality like the United States or virtually every European country
>>
>>38143077
>Why would you not choose the only God that represents love and would live as the Son of Man just to suffer? Where else will you find a God that cared so much for us that he opted to live as one of us, born in a dirty manger to lowly parents?
Why would I believe any of that? Many religions make ludicrous claims that contradict the bible. There's no reason to give more value to the new testament over the quran or buddhist scriptures, for example. When there is no certainty which of the currently existing religions is the right one, chance are none of them is. If God really cared about humans and wanted to give us the chance to save our souls through religion, then surely he would make it obvious what is the word of god to follow and what is not. This is not the case, so it's unlikely that your god is the right one.
>>
>>38142368
According to the Bible, God is impossible to comprehend by humans (Isaiah 40:28, Romans 11:33). Due to Popper's criterion a question of such entity's existance has to do nothing with science since it is impossible to prove or disprive such a statement. And I am too scientifically minded.
>>
>>38143114
>Many of them cannot even manage to ride the bus to these programs

I see your point there, do you have to pay to use the bus?

>even focus on a goal long enough to complete it.

Not my problem. I had social anxiety, I was addicted to the Internet, and I had depression. It was a hard process to "get out of my comfort zone" but I managed to get through with determination. If they don't want to "focus" then they don't deserve my sympathy.
>>
>>38143207
>then surely he would make it obvious what is the word of god to follow and what is not

It seems fairly obvious to me, anon. What other God was willing to die at the hands of his own people? There is no other God like our own. I see no other religion where their gods were willing to sacrifice themselves for mortal men.

>>38143209
Can you not even see God as the Prime Mover if nothing else?

>>38143220
Yes, one has to pay to use the bus here. And many of them can't focus. They're so paranoid and delusional they'll become agitated around you because they think you're going to try to hurt them or mock them. Many of them would be better off temporarily institutionalized but we dismantled that system to "liberate" them under Reagan.
>>
Can you give some sort of evidence for any of the miracles Jesus supposedly performed? Or any 1st century source for his existence that isn't christian or jewish? Why did the romans fail to mention him even a single time in any of their reports?
>>
>>38143343
There are a few accounts of Christ from people who were wholly disconnected from Christianity. We have Tacticus making reference to unrest over the killing of Jesus, Pliny's writings, and remember that guy Pontius Pilate who "never existed?" We dug up some records of him recently.

As for evidence of miracles, if only it were that easy. Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God and all that. Even Jesus knew not to do that when he was the Son of Man.
>>
>>38143283
>What other God was willing to die at the hands of his own people?
There are numerous stories of the Buddha reincarnating as a medicinal plant or a prey animal to cure/feed the people through self sacrifice. Not just once, but multiple times. Anyway, I don't think this conversation is going to go anywhere productive, since neither of us is going to be convinced in the end by the other, and I don't have the time to continue anyway. I do respect your devotion, however, and wish you luck in spreading your faith. It's always great to find good things in life, whether it's through religion or not.
>>
>>38143283
> sed God as Prime Mover
What is Prime Mover.
>>
File: 1490597790517.png (30KB, 582x433px) Image search: [Google]
1490597790517.png
30KB, 582x433px
Anyways, OP here. It's late and I'm going to go to bed. You'll all get one more (you) if any of you want to ask or say anything else to me.

For the non-Christians here, I hope at least one of you turns to the Christ and gives him an honest chance.

For the one other Christian here I saw, goodnight mane, if you haven't prayed recently I'll pray again tonight just to cover you.
>>
>>38143429
Thanks, anon. I hope things go well for you too!

>>38143436
It is the notion of God as the creator of the universe, the one who set it in motion, much like the first strike during a game of pool. If you cannot believe in a personal involvement upon the behalf of God, perhaps it'll be easier to see him as the one who set creation in motion and stood back to watch afterwards.
>>
>>38143283
>It seems fairly obvious to me, anon. What other God was willing to die at the hands of his own people? There is no other God like our own. I see no other religion where their gods were willing to sacrifice themselves for mortal men.
>Who is Prometheus?
Your ignorance of other religions is not an argument. Also, the amount that you like a story about a possible God does not represent the likelihood of the God being correct. You're saying that you like your God best, not that you have evidence that he's the only real one out of the thousands that have been worshipped
>>
>>38143405
Tacitus vaguely metioned somebody fitting the description of Jesus once in 116AD. Pliny mentioned trouble with christians once and never mentioned Jesus.
>>
>>38143481
>my ignorance of other religions is not an argument

Please, anon, don't end tonight on a negative note. I'm a conversion who read and looked at many religions before I placed my faith in Jesus Christ. Not all of us are American fundamentalists who have known nothing else.

>>38143508
Hrm, I guess I'll have to dig up the accounts I remember, examine them again, and have them at hand the next time I make this thread.

To both of you, I hope you sleep well. It's time for me to get comfy.
>>
File: 1403357110548.jpg (160KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1403357110548.jpg
160KB, 730x1095px
dumping
vwvwv
>>
File: 1403727094717.jpg (328KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1403727094717.jpg
328KB, 730x1095px
There is not God but God. Muhammed is the messenger of God.
>>
File: 1411846296414.jpg (177KB, 707x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1411846296414.jpg
177KB, 707x1131px
sgeyujf
>>
>>38143523
>please no negativity

translated: "You're challenging my beliefs. Please stop."

you haven't let go of your ego yet.
>>
>>38142558
who's wallowing in sin? are you literally murdering people? have you no moral compass? following God honestly isn't that hard, in fact it benefits you in a multitude of ways. get baptized. be positive.
>>
File: 1411846703245.jpg (178KB, 1114x717px) Image search: [Google]
1411846703245.jpg
178KB, 1114x717px
fvhugcvn
>>
>>38143481
> Who is Prometheus?

Wasn't he the Deity who give fire to humanity and in response Zeus condemned him to have his liver eaten for eternity by an eagle? Not really that inspiring a story desu senpai, doesn't really make me want to worship Prometheus.
>>
File: 1494897118476.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1494897118476.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
I love you Jesus but sometimes it doesn't feel honest
I have so many terrible habits I come back to when I could be praying or reading the word instead, my memory is terrible and it betrays any devotion I have.
>>
>>38142608
>>38142391

I believe in God because I'll get raped by the devil If I don't.

You should believe in God because you can tap into the collective unconscious
of billions and by doing so see deeper into your minds Jungian archetypes.
If you can understand this you understand people and yourself better.
>>
>>38143678
He asked what other deity would sacrifice everything for mankind. Prometheus did that. Fire obviously represented knowledge, as you know.
>>
>>38143700
Jesus will always take you back, anon.

All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. John 6:37
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.