[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alcohol and Social Anxiety

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Hey r9k,
I am 24 and finnaly have my first date soon. She is a real cutie. But the problem is my crippling social anxiety. Is alcohol a valid solution, or will I just look retarded? Are there any other drugs that can help against social anxiety? I don't care how harmful hey are or how addictive.
>>
>>38142063
Anynody?
Original orange tomato
>>
>>38142063
what's your tolerance level? you want to drink enough to loosen up, not get shitfaced.
>>
>>38142063

Yeah, getting drunk and taking a bunch of drugs before your first date is definitely a great way to make sure it goes well. I recommend getting moderately drunk an hour before the date and then doing a couple lines of coke right before you meet her.
>>
>>38142063
if you have a low caffeine tolerance then coffee or something caffeinated may help. also when I was in highschool I would read for about an hour before major social situations and that had some effect on my brain or something that made word choice and forming sentences go a lot more smoothly
>>
>>38142974
You may be joking, but for some of us it is.
>>38142986
Thanks
>>
>>38143027
>You may be joking, but for some of us it is.

Because you, having never been on a date, are an expert on what one requires in order to have a successful date? Whatever you decide to use to intoxicate yourself, it will be extremely obvious to your date, especially if it's your first time doing so.

This is one of those situations where you fucking faggots need to stop getting so triggered when we tell you to just be yourself. You can be honest with this girl and up-front about your anxiety and it's very possible that she'll understand and sympathize, given that the current vogue among women and beta males is to claim "social anxiety". And if she doesn't understand, then no amount of drugs will make her understand.

All you'll be doing is making your future anxiety worse, because now you'll also be anxious over whether or not you need to keep drugging yourself up every time you see her, or if she'll lose interest if she meets you when you're not drunk, etc etc. But don't listen to me, I'm sure you and the other guys who have never touched a woman are experts on the subject.
>>
File: rainbow smug pepe.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow smug pepe.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>38142063
Too much and you will look retarded. I say one or two beer depending on how well you support it. Also don't smell like alcohol.

Benzo can help, but be careful, you don't really feel high or drunk, so never redose, or you will black out.

A little bit of opiates can help too.

An euphoric stimulant in low dose so you don't look like a raving lunatic.

Don't do cannabinoids or weed, they are too unpredictable.

Disso can really help too, like 3-meo-pcp, in a low-mid dose, but it makes sex less cool.
>>
>>38143149
>You can be honest with this girl and up-front about your anxiety and it's very possible that she'll understand and sympathize
That's a good way to get laughed out of a date.
t. Has been on dates with passable women
>>
>>38143149
I was never on a date, but I was around women. And I am 100% sure that there is no way I will make a move while not drugged.
>>
i'd drink while there, at least a little, and i'd pregame if you drink regularly/heavily, albeit conservatively and not directly before i left. i go to one of two local restaurants every weekend for takeout and go out to them every few months to eat with my family and i always have five or so shots (pretty heavy drinker) ad one or two more while there when i end up going out and it's like day and night in terms of the ease and smoothness of interacting with everyone. the part of me that's typically a stuttering, overthinking beta just straight up shuts down and i'm totally engaged in the moment, shit's cash. strongly recommend maintaining a perfect, comfy level of drunk if you are familiar enough with your own consumption patterns.
>>
>>38143222
>That's a good way to get laughed out of a date.

But showing up drunk is not? Cool, got it.

This is why you guys should never ask for advice on this board. Not only do the people here have no capacity to offer you and real advice, they will actively lie to you in order to sabotage any chance of success you might have and drag you back down to their level.
>>
>>38143399
No one talked about being drunk you fucking retard. Of course you don't show up fucking wasted. We talking about raising your alcohol level to about 0.5 g per liter of blood.

If you can't even act normally on this little alcohol then yeah, you shouldn't, but most people will just get a little more social on that, while remaining clear-headed.
>>
>>38143222
>passable
>women
Pick one and only one faggot.

>>38143149
This is exactly right but I doubt anyone here will listen. These losers want nothing but a magic pill that cures everything for them.

>>38143247
You need to fix yourself then. If you can't do normal things without being intoxicated you have a problem.
>>
>>38143500
>0.5g per litre
So you want him to be dead?
>>
>>38143500
Because OP definitely seems like the kind of guy who is an experienced drinker who will be able to properly adjust his level of inebriation. I've certainly never, not even once, read stories on this very board from people who tried something similar and completely fucked it up. Not even once.
>>
>>38142063
Turning up smelling like booze is a good way to end it right there. If you really feel a need to drink, have one pint of beer and make sure to brush your teeth and tongue thoroughly and have a mint so hopefully she won't smell it. That's still a risk though so better to avoid it

Also if you drink anything during the date count the beers / shots and make sure you don't get shitfaced
>>
>>38143579
No 0.5g per liter of blood in my country is the limit to drive. You can go to 3g a liter before it becomes dangerous. The record is like 11g.
>>
>>38143690
You have your units fucked up.
>>
>>38143589
Well this is R9K. And he could try to adjust the level over the course of a few days, every 12 hours he drinks a certain amounts and record himself to check how he is doing.
>>
>>38142063

Nah man, alcohol isn't the answer for this. This is what I'd do, and it ruined what small social life I used to have.

>get invited to qt goth neighbor's house
>bring alcohol with me to calm my nerves
>start doing shots, get more nervous, do more shots, causing a rapidly accelerating feedback loop
>end up puking all over everything and ruining their evenings

or

>guy i knew in HS came back to town
>invites me to the bar
>start doing shots/drinking lots of beer
>creates anxiety feedback loop just like scenario 1 up above
>end up vomiting all over the bars, ruining everyone's evening
>though the guy didn't seem to care because me projectile vomiting on people/things was funny as fuck to him and I've seen him do the same so it didn't matter

I'd say pop a klonopin or a valium or something instead, just stop at one or two so it loosens you up instead of doing stupid shit like I did. It may help, it may not. For me, klonopin helps me get out of the house and make small talk when i'm at the local grocery store and get through the day without feeling like i'm having a heart attack, it wouldn't help me get through a date unless I already knew the person and the general level of awkwardness our date was going to have already.

But then again I've never been on a date so I don't know, just my opinion, so disregard.
>>
>>38143715
no i don't.
"In order not to violate the law, your blood alcohol level while driving must be less than 0.5 grams of alcohol per litre of blood (or 0.25mg per litre of expired air). "

https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/to-the-west/drinking-and-driving-in-france

You realise that alcohol is active in the several grams range ? This isn't cocaine.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.