[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Automobile bot

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

Who here too nervous and stupid to drive?

I can never remember the rules of the road and get confused!
>>
do you drive auto or manual? ive drove both but starting in a manual makes me nervous as fuck because i can stall

also what country bud
>>
Be 30 and still don't drive. Other cars make me so nervous.
>>
>Finally learn to drive
>Even buy a second hand shitbox car for $500
>It sits in the drive way because no where to go
>Only used it once to buy head phones
>Parents keep pressuring me to go out with friends
>Now need to run errands for them too

Don't learn bots, its a meme.
>>
>>38140288
Rules of the road are simple:

Left lane is for fast people only, unless you are in a state that alternates exits left/right, in which case it is another slow lane for people planning on exiting.

Make sure to turn on red when things are clear, unless you are in a state were turns on red are illegal, or in California, where there is a raised (not just painted) line marking the right turn lane.

At a 4 way stop, go in the order of arrival; if everyone arrives at the same time, the person on the left has the right of way.

Mail trucks have right of way under all circumstances, since technically all roads are "post roads", constructed for their use. This is also why they don't need license plates.
>>
>>38140347
manual or auto

manual makes me nervous starting because stalling
>>
>>38140315
>do you drive auto or manual?
Why the fuck do people chose to drive manual?
>>
>>38140315

Its automatic, but theres only a few places I really can go, grocery store and this one bowling alley, I only go there at all because I know the route well, and its very basic driving, a few lights, and only right turns.
>>
>>38140377

If you are driving for fun, on an open road which requires and rewards skill in driving, manual is perfect.

If you are stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, just trying to get to work early enough to have a cup of coffee to make up for the breakfast you skipped before you have to start, automatic is perfect.
>>
The rules are stay in your lane, don't hit others. Go 5-10 over the speedlimit
>>
File: vkSliX9.png (596KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
vkSliX9.png
596KB, 1024x576px
If you have people in you're life you genuinely enjoy you're company, and care about you, they will give you a ride if you guys get together, within reasonable distance obviously, just tag with them if you really can't drive a car.
>>
>>38140377
i can understand if youre never in the city because if youre in a dirt road or mountains its easier on your brakes to just ride in 2nd gear instead of getting your brakes hot

but europenis like them because they give them a reason to call americans lazy or someshit but i prefer automatic
>>
>>38140288
you probably have Adhd even if you dont believe its real the symptoms are real for many
>>
File: 1499022865934.jpg (17KB, 315x310px) Image search: [Google]
1499022865934.jpg
17KB, 315x310px
>>38140288
>20 with no license, too terrified to drive outside of an empty parking lot
>had a friend who died in a horrible car accident, and an aunt that was severely disfigured from one
>don't want to end up like them or accidentally kill someone else
>>
>>38140424
Automatics can be downshifted as well; most people just can't be bothered to learn how to downshift, use engine breaking, and other features.
>>
>>38140450
i know but you get what i mean right?
>>
I'm 20 years old and have yet to even get my license.

Honestly, this fact embarasses me more than anything else about me. That and the fact that I don't have a job.

I don't even know how to get driving lessons or even get my license, really. I get nervous just thinking about walking into the DMV or some shit and asking about it.
>>
>>38140362
Manual, mum insisted, you just need to keep doing it every day (minimum 3 times a week). I needed to have a professional do my first few lessons with me tho. Basically I couldn't move the stick and the wheel at the same time and it scared the shit out of me but they have special cars where you can turn the wheel and they move the pedals and the stick. Stalling isn't so bad, if you stall enough times you learn how to avoid it.

I still don't know half the rules desu, I just follow the speed signs mostly. Also protip every cars stalling point and feeling of how the gears change are different so my advice is get used to one car and don't change cars you're learning it too often, this applies for the test too, use the car you learned in.
>>
>>38140448
Try driving on week nights, roads are empty and its maximum comfy time. Like night walks but comfier.
>>
>>38140448
you only crash if you're fucking shit or retarded

driving is piss easy especially in auto
>>
>>38140448
I know that feel anon, I did t get a license until I was 22 because being in roads always made me nervous.

Got in my first wreck right before this summer and totaled my car and the persons that I hit. Thank fucking God they only had a few bruises but it shook me up pretty bad. Only takes a split second in lapse of awareness of judgement for you to cream someone. I was happier riding my bike or taking the bus but I have to drive to get to work.
>>
>>38140476
are you in the uk? do most people drive manual?

diesel manual is easier, just let off the clutch and you go
>>
>>38140523
I don't know if I'll ever get around to driving, not like I can afford to anyway. Being a passenger is comfy too, and public transportation doesn't bother me.
>>
>>38140544
I know, but the thought of driving on a busy highway gives me anxiety and one wrong move could fuck everything up.
>>
>>38140469
Sure, I think I get what you mean.

Rather than automatics being less capable, I think that people who don't know what they are doing gravitate towards them, since they just need to know "D" and "R" (and maybe "P") and not worry about all the other settings.

Whereas someone who knows what they are doing can exercise much greater control, albeit with the automated system watching to protect itself from damage by shifting if things get pushed outside of the normal operating envelope.
>>
>>38140555
Australia, I think people here go along gender lines and employment ones. Men use manual and women use automatic. Tradesmen, manual labourers "manly" jobs tend to drive manual and other professions drive automatic.

Its probably because tradies drives trucks/utes and I think those are mostly built as manual.
>>
>>38140315
Clutch in to stop and start. Float the rest. You'll be fine. Just have to train your mind to hit both the clutch and brake during an emergency stop. And if you stall it's not the end of the world. You'll learn your shift points pretty quick after a few hours.
>>
>>38140288
Literally the only rules of the road you need to remember are:
1. stop at stop signs
2. yield to cars coming straight when making a left turn
>>
>>38140377
Most importantly you have total control over the car and they're much more fun to drive. The only exception is in stop and go traffic but everywhere else autos are shit.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.