[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there anything instead of nothing? How did life come to exist?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11

File: 1446989512599.jpg (316KB, 1350x940px) Image search: [Google]
1446989512599.jpg
316KB, 1350x940px
Why is there anything instead of nothing? How did life come to exist?
>>
>>38139600
apparently modern physicists are coming up with ways something can come from nothing but I would never really understand it.

if you want to be rational about god you only need to ask who created him to end up at the same dead end of ignorance.
>>
>>38139639
But the existence of something does imply something came from nothing, right? There's an implied t=0 for everything. There is an answer that exists, right? That's incredible!
>>
File: 1498882684288.png (413KB, 800x706px) Image search: [Google]
1498882684288.png
413KB, 800x706px
We created existence for dank memes
>>
>>38139600
the answer is god
>>
>>38139689
possibly.

i think it's string theory,...reality is strings like frequencies and they touch and universes are made.
>>
>>38139751
Can you be more specific, you zealot freak? HOW did he do it?
>>
File: sleuth_pepe.jpg (3KB, 125x103px) Image search: [Google]
sleuth_pepe.jpg
3KB, 125x103px
>>38139600
I heard it came from frequency + pure water
>>
>>38139768
Thank you, sinpay, I'll look up some string theory shit
>>
>>38139792
god is a religious term not a scientific one, he made it through wisdom as the good book says. He is the alef and the tau, the alpha and the omega the first and the last. His memorial name is YHWH.
>>
>>38139825
How does wisdom create the universe?
>>
File: 1484086038001.jpg (33KB, 415x479px) Image search: [Google]
1484086038001.jpg
33KB, 415x479px
>nothing is actually real and you're just a brain in a jar.
>>
File: 473217203_1280-5420.jpg (666KB, 878x878px) Image search: [Google]
473217203_1280-5420.jpg
666KB, 878x878px
>Heaven is a debug mode
>>
>>38139825
False god you fucking bitch
>>
File: C_cgSXdUAAABE2R.jpg (20KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
C_cgSXdUAAABE2R.jpg
20KB, 410x410px
>>38139600
All consciousness is just inertia. The Monad will clean it up in time
>>
>>38140068
Where is the Monad trying to go?
>>
>>38140068
>Gnosticism

Watch it anon
>>
>>38140141
Gnosticism is LITERALLY the thinking man's fetish
>>
Reality would not exist if we did not perceive it, ergo nothing exists if there are no brings to perceive it. The greater consciousness of the universe has struggled eternally to understand itself, like the cells of a body or the the atoms of those cells, we humans play a part of something bigger. It is said that the organism is enlightened when even it's individual cells become self aware. This is a never ending quest, the average iq of humanity as a whole increases by 10 points every 2 generations as a result of increased competition due to population increase. I suspect that humanity will colonize mars before it becomes extinct here on earth, with that being said we will continue to grow and consume like every other natural creature in the universe until we surpass the mass required to manipulate light. I like to think that our knowledge will be so vast before that point, that we will become interdimensional beings. But essentially we will reach a point where the universe will return inward on itself, and "time" will reverse as well. It will go like this until the universe condenses on itself and becomes both nothing and everything. Forward and backward, but we have a hard time grasping this because we can only grasp it from the perspective of outside the universe. Where our universe is but an atom in the conjecture of another universe, the relevance of time is different depending on your mass and the speed you travel in the universe. so it continues into infinity.

It's an age old question, and there's no real definitive answer, but essentially to understand the universe you have to have a brain the size of the universe to hold that information.

But the real question is....
>why do you need to know?
>>
>>38139600
To ask why there is existence is to ask why there are some things that don't exist. Both reality and unreality depend on each other. They constantly change as well, ideas are brought to life, creatures go extinct, birth and evolution bring things into existence. There's my quick armchair metaphysics thesis
>>
>>38139600
Consider this:
The only time the universe would notice itself is when it organizes itself in a way such that it can notice things.

In other words, the reason why there is anything is because the only time anything can be observed is when anything is organized into agents which can observe. You feelin' me?

The logic is strange, but it'll make sense once you digest it.
>>
>>38140112
nowhere. It encompasses everything. Its the principle of totality.
>>
the big bang came from nothing which created the universe which then compressed and became nothing again

so in essence the nothing came out of something in reverse (:

that means that there isn't anything and there never was
>>
File: 1444679243282.jpg (24KB, 375x305px) Image search: [Google]
1444679243282.jpg
24KB, 375x305px
>>38140197
>Reality would not exist if we did not perceive it, ergo nothing exists if there are no brings to perceive it. The greater consciousness of the universe has struggled eternally to understand itself, like the cells of a body or the the atoms of those cells, we humans play a part of something bigger. It is said that the organism is enlightened when even it's individual cells become self aware. This is a never ending quest, the average iq of humanity as a whole increases by 10 points every 2 generations as a result of increased competition due to population increase. I suspect that humanity will colonize mars before it becomes extinct here on earth, with that being said we will continue to grow and consume like every other natural creature in the universe until we surpass the mass required to manipulate light. I like to think that our knowledge will be so vast before that point, that we will become interdimensional beings. But essentially we will reach a point where the universe will return inward on itself, and "time" will reverse as well. It will go like this until the universe condenses on itself and becomes both nothing and everything. Forward and backward, but we have a hard time grasping this because we can only grasp it from the perspective of outside the universe. Where our universe is but an atom in the conjecture of another universe, the relevance of time is different depending on your mass and the speed you travel in the universe. so it continues into infinity.

After 30:
>It doesn't fucking matter. Everything is a lie and nothing is real. Just go get blazed and be glad you aren't homeless yet.
>>
>>38140280
Duality in nature is a peculiar thing, it always fascinated me how almost everything has a front and back existence. From male/female to our DNA, to time itself our understanding of abstract thought always concludes that there is ultimately two. I find it fascinating, especially how most things cannot exist/evolve without their other half
>>
>>38139600
>>38139639
The theories that attempt to actually answer that are not as of yet experimentally testable. But they all seem to imply that there was always 'something'. The 'nothing' physicists talk about that the universe supposedly comes out of isn't actually nothing, but some kind of quantum fluctuating state of existence. For example they talk of quantum tunneling of a vacuum into a false-vacuum bubble that detaches and inflates its own universe, and use this to hypothesize both where our universe started from as well as how our universe will recreate another after heat-death.

Not in the realm of physics anymore, but Alan Watts had an interesting bit to say about it, something along the loose lines of "if the universe has the possibility to exist or not exist, then it will always exist, for so long as it is choosing not to exist, there will be no space-time or beings in space-time to make note. Once existence is chosen, it will seem to be all there is". It kind of shifts the question to "why is existence even possible?"

There are of course religious answers to your question too. But I feel that whether you approach it in terms of physics or philosophy or theology, the best you can do is to shift the question.
>>
>>38139600
Because nothing was stopping it from existing obviously
>>
Nature disdains our aesthetic preferences. We think anti-matter and matter should have existed at the start in equal proportions? Nature says, "fuck you, I do what I want." The ancients assumed the celestial bodies must be perfectly spherical, because they were equally dumb.
>>
>>38140348
Nah life's better than that man, having realized these things has helped me to move past selfish ways and to achieve some great things in my life. Use the knowledge as a tool rather than let it eat you from the inside
>>
The very first life is a result of geothermal vents where elements like sulfur interacted with the water and carbon to create single cell lifeforms.

However, it took 3 billion years for life to evolve beyond a single cell, which is the more interesting area of study.
>>
>>38140422
This
I'm currently reading a book about the genome and evolution, gonna be moving on to neuroscience soon. Fucking love science
>>
>>38139600
It's a sick joke by some deity.
>>
File: kant.png (162KB, 261x273px) Image search: [Google]
kant.png
162KB, 261x273px
Stop asking degenerate transcendental questions that lie outside the legitimate bounds of pure reason.
>>
>>38140703
this meme has gone too far.

You have to risk it for the biscuit.
>>
>>38140351
Yes yes, I agree. Maybe it breaks all the way down to a simple True and False; Yes and No; 1 or 0. More likely that everything is simply based on that system of logic, but who knows?
>>
File: images (35).jpg (20KB, 332x443px) Image search: [Google]
images (35).jpg
20KB, 332x443px
>>38140197
Actually a nice post. Thanks.
>>
File: biggie cheeze.jpg (21KB, 433x446px) Image search: [Google]
biggie cheeze.jpg
21KB, 433x446px
*biggie cheese stepz in*
hey itz biggie cheese
>>
>>38140197
maybe future humans will be capable of all kinds of shit we think is impossible now, but i think humanity as a whole is numbered. if we dont kill ourselves first, the planet will finish us off.
>>
>>38140197
>Reality would not exist if we did not perceive it
Ergo, if a tree falls in the forest and no one was around to hear it fall, it didn't happen. :^)

Nothing is no thing. It doesn't exist outside our imagination.
There certainly can't be no thing where there is some thing and since there is some thing everywhere, "no thing" must not exist.

I suppose the vacuum of space or the "nothing" surrounding the protons and electrons of atoms could be said to be nothing.
But it still must be something. At the very least it's the thing that separates the little parts that make up the material world.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.