[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On the nature of study groups

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1476768500295-c.jpg (123KB, 1520x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476768500295-c.jpg
123KB, 1520x1080px
>I recently started a study group with a bunch of students during my summer classes by giving a piece of paper to someone in my class and telling him to pass it around. 5 people are in it. Latino nerd, fa/tg/uy, sunglasses dude, asian stacy, and me. The reason I started said study group was to actually do better in class. Usually no one gives a flying shit about study groups or are too busy to join. I was surprised I actually had anyone join at all. I recently found out that they had all thought it was a setup by the teacher for boosting grades. This was compounded by the fact that no one knew what they were signing up for as they gave me their contact info, even though it stated clearly on the paper I asked be passed around, that it was a study group.
>>
>>38139557
Contd.

>Now onto personalities, latino nerd is, well a nerd, but being from a latino background, seems less like one in how he talks and dresses, you wouldn't even know it if he didnt wear glasses. Fa/tg/uy is well quite big, as well as an interesting hobbyist and amateur game developer, he is charismatic and he worked previously in an office job, till the company he worked for shut down, he is now pursuing an education to get a new career, sunglasses dude is the cool guy of our group, seems the most robot somehow, he admitted to me he dresses cool, for the sake of looking cool, hasn't told me if he has a gf yet, so we'll see if he's robot or not. asian stacy has admiited to being adhd, has a bubbly personality, slightly airheaded, but hardworking so far. And as for my personality, we can safely say it's shit, as are most of the people here. Anyways today we got into an unfocused bit of smalltalk. The stacy brought up the topic of the group's formation and assumed everybody knew eachother before it was even formed, a previous session had made her realize that I was the one who formed the group. More info came out today, making her realize I actually knew no one prior to the group and had to recruit. When she found this out, she proclaimed I was the confident leader of the group due to being able to approach random people, and getting organized into a group. Before I could shoot down that kind of idea, the group had already agreed with it. I sighed, and just started to work again knowing how shit I was, how shy I was. Latino nerd said he started talking and contributing ideas to our group, in part because of how confident I looked somewhat. Even though that was more just me trying to contribute in order for there to be a culture of helping each other within the study group rather than it just devolving into a shitfest of just sharing answers instead of trying to teach.
>>
>>38139577
Contd.

>Anybody ever run into the problem of people putting you on a pedestal? Making you seem like you're more than you know you are. I tried to plant in their heads that they could be better than me, and that the group was made to do that, but seemed to be set in thinking I was smarter then them, even though I was the shy, self hating, and underachieving, straight-F, loser back in my elementary and highschool days. The only thing that changed was my realizing I couldnt dwell on and try to fix my shitty experiences, and childhood. Realizing I had to progress or die unhappy and alone. I dont know, I feel different now that's sure.
>>
Learn to greentext original faggot
>>
>>38139704
This lmfao . Literally rofling right now xD. Not even going to read OPs posts
>>
>>38139557
1. Stop being a faggot
2. Stop being insecure
3. Get to know the people in the group
4. Be honest or you will hate yourself
>Learn
>How
>To
>Greentext

t. sunglasses
>>
>>38139557
>>38141010
You are climbing up to that normal life and people will recognize your efforts. Try not to be hindered by your failures/paranoia or lessen yourself to accommodate others. Being acknowledged/accepted is different from praise. I don't know why I'm typing this but I was in a similar situation and the hesitation lead to the group and imo the opportunity of a lifetime to fade a way. DONT BE A ROBOT YOU CONFIDENT FUCK
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.