[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I sit in my room most days drawing. I'm a art college dropout

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0485.jpg (44KB, 450x901px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0485.jpg
44KB, 450x901px
I sit in my room most days drawing. I'm a art college dropout drowning in student debt and bills.
My roommate has her friends over all the time carrying on and having fun. She asks me if I want to come hang out every time and tries to hook me up with her friends. I politely decline the offer and continue my drawing in solitude. She knows something is wrong and still has hope for me to socialize and never treats me like the introvert faggot I am. She doesn't know that I've been making her, along with everyone that has ever made me feel like I have the will to live, paintings and drawings before I work up the courage to kill myself so I can somewhat pay back for the times I've missed being so fucking distant all the time.
Tell me, robots. Have you been there before?
>>
Don't kys faggot

Do you really think people gonna want your shitty painting when you died, you think you work not gonna be rotting in some corner as they forget about you?

Why you couldn't even build up enough determination to say in ART SCHOOL of all places, so I doubt you scribbles are that good you pretentious piece of shit.

At least you have some one looking out for you...
>>
>>38138585
That's my problem. I've made a very shitty living off of art since I've been out. going from being respected in my classes and having pieces featured in exhibits to filling my closet full of shit I don't even like myself.
It's nice having someone who cares, really. A real shame that I let her down.
Do you have that one person in your life?
>>
>>38137862
Post your art original faggot
>>
>>38138901
I had friends in high school however, when I was with them, I wasn't really sure if they like me or not,

Long story short, I ran away from them and to scared to go back.

you on the other hand "atleast by the why you write" still have someone in your life, If your life is so pointless you willing to throw it away, at least use it to bring comfort her in that she can help you, even if you feel a bit dead inside.
>>
File: IMG_1822.jpg (282KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1822.jpg
282KB, 640x1136px
>>38137862
OP judging by your story alone and the way you seem I don't want you to kill yourself. This world deserves you
>>
>>38137862

art is for fags
>>
File: IMG_0529.jpg (97KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0529.jpg
97KB, 720x960px
>>38139286
>>38139322
I can relate. The only friend I had I actually abandoned to go to art school. We don't talk anymore and I live my life in regret. I suppose the best way to pay it back is to make others happy that I care about.
I make masks and do pen and ink if anyone gives a fuck. Not too proud of my recent work, but here's something I made a little while ago
>>
>>38139518
That's a cool mask, kinda unsettling. Reminds me of Raksas from berserk
>>
How much are your loans OP? I also went to art school and I'm about $80k deep.
>>
>>38139322
He deserves better than this world
>>
>>38139839
Thanks. I stayed up for 2 days painting over it again and again until I felt I couldn't do anything more. It's like my frustration is what gave it style.
>>38139867
I'm about 20k+ deep. I got a scholarship that paid for a large amount of it, but of course I threw that away. I'm fucked up about it...
>>
>>38139867
What are you gonna do? Thats sounds scary
>>
>>38137862
Don't kill yourself OP
you still have hope left
and from the short paragraphs that you've typed, I think you seem to be a pretty okay person
if you kill yourself, there will just be less quiet, tolerable people in the world and more stacies and chads
so don't do it
>>
>>38139922
That's not too bad. I couldn't get any scholarships aside from one from the school itself for maintaining a 3.9 GPA
>>38139990
Honestly it is scary. I'm on a payment plan thing but it's ridiculous. They want me to pay almost $500 a month on my federal loans which is more than I even get in a paycheck. And I live on my own so I've got other bills. I just told them that I lost my job a few months ago so I could go a few months without paying. I'm heavily considering leaving the country and never returning it once my grandparents pass away since they were my co-signers.
>>
>>38137862
post your drawings, that will determine...nah jk jk..you shouldn't kill yourself. go talk to stacy roomate
>>
>>38140139
I posted the mask. Let me know what you think.
Sometimes I feel like you guys are my only friends. No faggery intended, guys.
I stopped what I was doing and decided to hang out with my roommate and her 3 friends. They're really nice. They know I'm an artist, but they haven't seen any of my shit besides my roommate. Now to figure out how to show them some stuff ive done without seeming like a total fuckhead. Any ideas?
>>
>>38137862

have you thought about selling some of your work on the side. Could make some income off the books.
>>
>>38140295
>you guys are my only friends
Don't, there's another thread up with the subject, "I missed you r9k" and I feel,a sadness there. Make real friends anon. Not us.

In addition I'm also a dropout, and have no idea what to do. No debt though I pretty much dropped immediately. Anyone else got stories? Anyone been through this and do something? Rather than idling like I am
>>
>>38140491
I sell my work, but not regularly. It takes me a long time and effort to produce each painting, etc that I make and because it's not that often that I have any takers, I charge less than what it's worth. I make it anyway, so I see it as only a bonus to sell things.
I had weird acquainces that occasionally would go out late and graffiti with me and I obviously wasn't making money from that for awhile. It was originally my only source of being social, so I tried that to get motivation.
>>
Is it thrilling to make a sale? No matter how much money you get?
>>
>>38140708

>be edgelord in HS
>fail every class for 2 straight semesters
>parents let me homeschool myself
>graduate when I'm 20 because I'm lazy after living like a NEET
>get shitty grocery store job
>hate it, spend a year and a half complaining but doing nothing
>save up a little money while there
>quit job and go to trade school
>after a little more than a year in a two year program have just landed a co-op job making $19/hr while I'll still be able to go to school
I plan on going cocoon mode and buying a house by the end of the year (I live in the south so I'm looking at houses that cost 50-80k)
>>
>>38140720

how much do you sell the masks for?
>>
>>38140817
As someone who has sold paintings for up to 15,000: it makes me feel like a whore selling off small parts of my life and soul.
>>
>>38140836
What trade? Thanks for the reply anon.
>>
>>38140817
It's bliss to know that someone wants to support what I'm doing and also like it enough to buy it. It's a feeling better than the money.
>>38140858
70-150 it usually takes a request for me to do them because it's something someone should want to wear or hang as a piece on the wall or something. The only people who really make the requests are people that I regularly make them for so I always give good deals out of appreciation for the support.
>>38140890
Yes. I feel it. I've spent a week or so really polishing up masks and when it's done, it's hard to let go of. I've got so many that I started decorating the walls of my room and had to resort to hanging them from the ceiling. I don't care as much for the requested masks, but when I dedicate days or even a week to something because of the mood I was in, it's hard to let go. It's sort of a reminder of the mindset I was in at that period of my life.
>>
>>38141000

I'm taking classes to be an electrician but I'm doing work in maintenance.
>>
>>38139518
Thats a pretty cool mask, im also an art school dropout >>>>academy of art
>>
>>38137862
please draw a cloud for me
>>
>>38140295
Just say its stuff you did for a metal band
>>
i feel like i may go down a similar path im 19 and just graduated hs (got held back a year in grade 7 because i dident give a fuck) and the only thing i have any motivation to do is start a band but im not sure if the world wants another punk band i may end up just oding or something
>>
can you tell me how you made the mask? How can I learn to make them?
>>
>>38137862
You clearly still enjoy art anon and she wants to be social with you, sounds like they only thing making you miserable is you. Go talk to someone about it and start making an effort to close the distance.
>>
>>38141068

can you post pictures of the art you have in your closet?
>>
>>38139518
Is it actually in black or white or just a photo?
I kind of like it. I'm pretty much doing the same as you, except I haven't dropped out yet
>>
>>38141160
Thanks. It saddens me to hear that it didn't work out. As much as people love to make art, the structure of the school can be offputing and exhausting.
>>38141173
Drawing clouds is tricky for me. I usually go for painting them because of the technique I learned from Bob Ross when I watched the show as a kid. I'd love to paint you one, but it would be a hassle to get out my oils just to smudge one up for you. I'm still hanging out with my roommate and her friends and I'm trying to engage, but still be present on this thread because of the support I've gotten.
>>38141186
Great idea. I said the mask was a prop for a photography piece designed for some hardcore shit. Technically, I didn't lie.
>>38141385
Shine on you crazy diamond. Life without passion only gives you reason to give up. That's all I can say.
>>38141435
I made the base of the mask with paper mache. And painted it with acrylic after a undercoat of matte. I polished it with another matte that didn't have luster to finish it and so that the blacks maintain a sense dark as possible. If it's your first time making a mask, I'd recommend sculpy. It's a resin? Based clay that never dries and you can easy bake it in your conventional oven. Make sure there is no air pockets or you are at risk of it exploding.
>>38141595
I could possibly post more photos, but some of the stuff I've made is documented and posted online. I don't want this thread to link to my personal life so I'll have to check what isn't documented and if it's worthy of sharing.
>>38141632
It's black and white, yes. I work with color sometimes, but I'm more comfortable using grayscale because I mostly work with pen and ink. It can get confusing sometimes. And sometimes after I've got the black and white values set, I go back over with layers of color in the coordinated values. Depends, really.
>>
File: IMG_0531.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0531.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
A gask mask I made out of discarded cigs. The smell was so bad that it made you choke while wearing it. And yes, it's semi-functional.
In case you guys wanted more of the weird shit I do.
>>
>>38141892

Have you tried to shop out some of your stuff out to local galleries?
>>
>>38142393
Yeah. I had a little success back when I was in school. I was promoted through my school to enter some local galleries. I live in a city where art is flourishing so there's a lot of artists filling up galleries. Part of the reason I moved all the way here. I'm now a small fish in a big lake of talent. It's hard to get in unless you're part of the school that runs the scene downtown for local artists. There's a spot right outside of the city that accepts anyone who shows quality work. I think I might pack some things up soon and see if they'll put it up. It's a small mom and pop shop gallery thing. Nothing fancy, but it would be good to give it effort.
I was an art tutor for a very short time back when I was without a home. I stopped after I checked myself into a nuthouse to have a place to stay for awhile. Figured I'd return after I got my head on straight and never did. So I guess there is options.
>>
>>38142769

Why don't you call around? Say that gas mask is a part of a collection you're making against assad and the war in syria. If you can't beat people with talent beat them with marketing.
>>
>>38143089
Funny you mention that. I used to put random words as titles on some of my work with no absolute meaning and people found weird connections and thought it was super deep.
I'll have to work up another portfolio and see if I can get accepted somewhere. My last one was on a USB that is no longer with us. RIP
>>
>>38141892
looks like something prententious richfags would pay way too much money for
>>
>>38143244

keep us posted on your work bro
>>
>>38137862
>She doesn't know that I've been making her, along with everyone that has ever made me feel like I have the will to live, paintings and drawings before I work up the courage to kill myself so I can somewhat pay back for the times I've missed being so fucking distant all the time.

Sounds like you're depressed senpai. I get those thoughts too, they dont help but you cant just "get rid" of them. I finally got a job related to my studies and even though that's helped me initially thoughts like "all my co-workers hate me" and "im still a piece of shit" have started creeping in. And although it may seem like your doing the world a favor by killing yourself, you really aren't. I found it really sobering reading about the families and friends of people who do it, I even worked with someone who's father killed himself. People still miss you if you are gone and it affects them more if you were gone forever than if for a few hours, days, months.

Also you only live once. Then you return to the void you came from, so why not enjoy it? Idk if that helps you but it cheers me up a bit.
t.black dog sitter

>>38143531
I agree keep us posted art robot
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.