[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you joined the military at this point?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 1498896068344.jpg (75KB, 672x740px) Image search: [Google]
1498896068344.jpg
75KB, 672x740px
Why haven't you joined the military at this point?
>>
>>38137223
can't because of depression on my medical history. i would if I could desu
>>
>>38137223
no faith in my government or the people residing in my country, why should I fight to protect them?
>>
>>38137223
Waiting for the space corps.
>>
>>38137223
>I'm going to die protecting turbo normies who i fucking dispise with all my being, whilst also going to do fuck all in some shitty 3rd world country
Sounds like a dream, i'll pack my bags sir.
>>
I'm too old to join
>>
Hey a thread I can contribute

Got rejected last month from navy OCS after a year of tests medical background check and interviews

I'm not going to enlist at 32 years old
>>
>>38137223
>joined then was separated due to "unspecified anxiety"

Thankfully I got an Re-3, so I can join again.
>>
File: 1497212707399.jpg (661KB, 958x775px) Image search: [Google]
1497212707399.jpg
661KB, 958x775px
I'm not interested in being sent to the middle east to die for Israel. Fuck that noise.
>>
Don't wanna cut my hair and i felt like i been could of did that when i was young so it would seem like a lesser experience now
>>
eyesight is too bad meps failed me based on that.
>tfw will never be able to be based in a sub
>>
because i'm not a retard who believes everything the government tells me
>>
>>38137223
I'm 27 and out of shape, I have a history of drug addiction for which I received professional treatment, I have been on psychiatric medication, and have been placed in a psychward on a 51-5-.

Idk if they'll take me.
>>
What are the benefits of it? What will it take from me? Ive thought about it before but im not sure what i could get from it.
>>
im afraid id start crying when they yelled at me.
>>
>>38137223
Will be next year. But it's not for everyone.
>>
>>38137223
Already in, only 1 more year before I get the fuck out
woo woo
>>
I am once I get my bachelor's
>>
I tried, they kicked me out.
>>
>>38138696
I am curious. Give us the story, anon.
>>
File: 1446150633461.jpg (49KB, 444x462px) Image search: [Google]
1446150633461.jpg
49KB, 444x462px
>>38137223
I officially joined the Air Force last week. I'm annoyed because my recruiter is on vacation until the 11th and there's a good chance I won't get a job this month- meaning I might not ship out until October.
>>
>>38137364
>unspecified anxiety
What the fuck happened there, anon?
>>
>>38138716
It's not an interesting or good story but okay.

My ankles wouldn't stop swelling up every time I ran because the shoes they give you are dogshit, you're on your feet 85% of the day and in my case, my senior drill instructor was a hard ass that wouldn't let us put anything on our bunks to let them return to normal so they never healed properly, and on top of that I tripped over some buried rocks and fucked up my knee which made marching damn near impossible without extreme pain.
>>
>>38138723
>Enlisting
>Air Force
Why get a desk job in the military when you could get a desk job with better pay and without a 4 year contract
>>
>>38138844
I'm 18 and poor with no skills. This will make it easy to get through college with a master's, allow me to move out of my mom's apartment, possibly immediately translate to a good paying civilian job, put some money in my pocket, and juust possibly (but unlikely) make me less of a complete autist.

The alternative is grinding out a degree in a valuable bachelors like compsci or actuarial mathematics . That's not bad but I think I'll have a better time in the air force.
>>
>>38138977
you're not going to have a good time, but it will be worth it when you're done
>>
>>38138754
Basically, I wasn't so used to the face pace since I never had a job at the time. So I went to see a Navy's psychologist and told them my situation. she then told that the Navy wasn't a good fit for me and that I can put people in danger, since at the time I was going to be an Airmen.
>>
>>38138977
Know what AFSC you're going for?
inb4 security
>>
File: Usagi_eating_ice_cream.jpg (106KB, 824x730px) Image search: [Google]
Usagi_eating_ice_cream.jpg
106KB, 824x730px
>>38137223
Didn't that nigga get kidnapped by Shocker for his 600 IQ and was forced into becoming a cyborg?
Kamen Rider you should be using would be Kamen Rider Super, but even then he was an astronaut instead of a soldier.
One of the main points of Kamen Rider is them trying to stop globalists, especially with the OG manga Kamen Rider and Kamen Rider Black, where his villians are pretty Jew.
>>
File: meps jobs list.png (10KB, 440x219px) Image search: [Google]
meps jobs list.png
10KB, 440x219px
>>38138987
Why do you say that?

>>38139105
No. I swore in on June 26th. My recruiter said that all the jobs were taken by June 15th. He's now on vacation this month until the 11th, so I think there's a great chance I won't get a job until August.

Pic related is my jobs list. I was planning on having bioenvironmental engineering as my final job but it wasn't there on the list at meps, so I changed it to Fusion Analyst because I thought it sounded kind of neat.
>>
>>38139394
The running joke is that the AF takes your dream sheet, throws it in the trash, then puts you wherever the fuck it wants.
>>
>>38139394
You'd be better off becoming a specialized analyst than a signals one
>>
>>38137298
>MUH MORALS
It's free job training and free college
>>
>>38139441
Dang, I hope that doesn't happen. I don't see why they would make me give the jobs to the liaison at meps if they were going to just trash them. Poor dude worked an 11 hour day.
>>
>>38139464
The only other intel job was operations intelligence so I think I made the best choice.
>>
>>38139441
It runs too.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.