[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If determinism is real because we're just a very complicated

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1498847591782.jpg (313KB, 1221x1223px) Image search: [Google]
1498847591782.jpg
313KB, 1221x1223px
If determinism is real because we're just a very complicated biological machine then how come we haven't figured out what makes people happy yet?
>>
>>38136794
We have. We just decided that not everybody should be happy.
>>
>>38136819
Not true. We have no idea how to cure many disease of both the mind and the body. Some people are fucked ( for now, at least).
>>
>>38136794
well have you decided what would make you happy yet?

>>38136819
what do you mean we? who is we?

>>38136880
not true indeed.
>>
>>38136973
>well have you decided what would make you happy yet?

No I only have loose theories with no real world proof.
>>
>>38136794
happiness is an illusion
>>
>>38136994
so you know what you think you might enjoy but you arent or havent begun pursuing it yet?
>>
>>38136880
>We have no idea how to cure many disease of both the mind and the body

That is because we don't invest the money or time to do research on those things.

>>38136973
>what do you mean we? who is we?

According to statistic money=happiness. To be more specific people who make more than 85k a year are happy. Yet we live in a world where trying to have things like basic income is consider bad.
>>
>>38136794
Why do you think drugs exist, and there are tons of legal psychotropic drugs

No one is happy, its whatever benefits society and humanity on a whole. No one gives a shit about you. Its a lie to keep you working
>>
>>38136794
What part of "very complicated biological machine" did you not understand?

Different stimuli will affect people in different ways, and due to all the variables will appear to be arbitrary, but it's pretty clear there is an underlying determinism to it all. No shit we haven't found out what makes people happy, because there isn't even a single universal thing that does.
>>
>>38137026
I have theories about what might make people happy but I have no proof. I also have to factor in the possibility I'm different then most people in my ability and taste.

I think having a clean conscious is happiness and getting to that point can manifest in many ways although I will never be able to know what that's like.
>>
>>38137043
in regards to your response to this>>38136973

did you answer me without having to answer me just now?
>>
>>38137069
ole buddy ole pal i dont know what you mean.

funny enough another person i responded to not a moment ago said some incomprehensible shit too.
>>
>>38137163
I'm sorry I cannot make you happy
>>
>>38136794
The slave population doesn't get to be happy. The elite get to be happy through enslaving the goyim.
>>
>>38137103
The we is human race. We are pretty garbage. We live in a have or have not society. Which would be better if we all shared.
>>
>>38137271
Fuck you, Karl. How do you not realize that if all the shit the human population had was spread out evenly, you would have even less than you do now? You're the bourgeois.
>>
>>38137314

The bourgeoisie are those who employ wage workers, profit off their labor, and pay them a fraction of the value they contribute back to them in exchange for access to the means of production.

I don't employ wage laborers, so I'm not bourgeois.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.