[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where the FUCK do I go to make friends? Nobody trades contact

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 1496570085079.jpg (83KB, 750x923px) Image search: [Google]
1496570085079.jpg
83KB, 750x923px
Where the FUCK do I go to make friends?

Nobody trades contact info here (which is a good thing) and /soc/ is full of people who aren't even normies or robots - they're a different breed entirely and that's a whole other thread in itself.

I know my situation may come off as a joke to some of the people here who have truly and genuinely been socially isolated for their whole life but it's getting to me. Having someone to chat with throughout the day and get to know would be really nice.

I don't think I have to point out that communal Discord servers are a trainwreck for natural connection and communication.
>>
>>38136704
If you're old enough to post here, you're too old to make new friends.
>>
>>38136704
Friends are a meme senpai.
>>
File: 1444553672628.jpg (23KB, 437x785px) Image search: [Google]
1444553672628.jpg
23KB, 437x785px
>>38137456
>mfw

>>38137477
It looks fun though.
>>
>>38136704
Got kik or snapchat or something? I know what you mean. Just having someone to text or snap whenever you remmeber to pick up the phone or at work or something makes the day go by a little better.
>>
Get a hobby that puts you in social situations.
For internet friends join discords and ircs pertinent to your hobbies
For meat friends go to places and regular events that put you in contact with people.

For example if you like /tg/ shit find a d&d group looking for players and go to your local game shop and join internet channels relevant to your favorite games
>>
>>38137550
Gonna agree with OP discord servers are cancer. I have tried a couple dozen and it's all the same shit. Circlejerks of a few people.
>>
>>38136704
Go to some local game store and learn to play magic the gathering (if you don't already know). Everybody and their mom does Friday night magic
>>
>>38137550
I'm on /ic/ but their discords really are trash and I'm not jaded or anything. Also artists tend to keep to themselves/aren't open to opening up and I've tried.

Is it bad if I said I only wanted friends online?

>>38137544
I just made a throwaway. It's atr0cityexhibition.

>>38137625
That does sound kinda fun but at the same time I'm kinda autistic when I go outside. I'll give it some thought though, it seems like all the rage.
>>
>>38137640
I've never been able to make a long term online friend, at this point I'm pretty much incapable. It seems that you either know how to make friends or you don't. funny you mention IC, I toy with the idea of meeting people on there occasionally but it seems kindof, how should I put this, dangerous.
>>
I just go on craigslist and look for friends its not the best but enough to have people to talk to and go to bars with occasionally
>>
>>38137775
Dangerous in what sense?
>>
>>38137821
I'm probably just being paranoid, but it seems like there are some seriously jealous deranged people on there who like harassing people who are more successful than they are.
>>
>>38137880
You're right. But on discord there's a name associated with it now so it's less of it compared to the board itself.
>>
>>38137921
hmm, maybe i'll try it some time. would be nice to have some artist friends, i'm too autistic to get along with the ones at work.
>>
>>38137550
>Get a hobby that puts you in social situations
This isn't at all foolproof when it comes to people who are social retards. When I went and backpacked for 6 weeks straight it was nothing but constant social interaction. And even though most interactions only lasted for a few minutes - a few days I did end up at the same pace as a small group of cool people. I tried my fucking hardest to make conversation but when you have no idea how to talk to people and can't into social interaction it just ends up making bad memories of what should be life defining ones.
>>
I know what you mean; I am in the same boat. Keep your head up and be positive as hard as that is.
>>
>>38138340
Do you want a basic guide of how to make conversation?
>>
>>38136704
>who have truly and genuinely been socially isolated for their whole life
That's me alright, fucking parents homeschooled me my whole life so I was very alone most of my childhood, I almost had a bf when I was 17 but fucked it up with my autism. now I'll never meet anyone like that again and I'm even more alone then I already was before.
>>
>>38136704
Look into things going on in your town or city. Go to ones that interest you, bars host theme nights so that works too. Downtown where I live there is a ping-pong bar, all places also have a pool hall. All good places to start. You'll obviously have to go alone but at least for something like pool, or ping-pong you can find someone who is alone and wants to play too, start by exchanging names ask a little about them maybe find something similar or shoot the shit.

Maybe it becomes a friendship maybe it doesn't
>>
>>38136704
>they're a different breed entirely and that's a whole other thread in itself.
I'm actually curious about your opinion on this. I feel the same way, but I don't know how to put words to it. Possibly that the majority of them have BPD
>>
>>38137550
>Get a hobby that puts you in social situations.
If you don't live by people your age or that share the same hobbies as you, even the most social things can mean you leave the house everyday but still never talk to anyone.
>>
>>38139523
Lullaby? You spend too much time here?
>>
>>38140741
>Lullaby?
????
>You spend too much time here?
That I do but where else is there for me?
>>
>>38140765
The rest of the world?

Thought you were someone I knew from here.
>>38136704
I'm finding myself in a similar situation. Although I don't want to make friends right now. Just not in school and nofriends so I'm kinda sol.
If I choose to go back to school maybe ill have better luck, but i need to deal with why I left in the first place
>>
File: biggie cheeze.jpg (21KB, 433x446px) Image search: [Google]
biggie cheeze.jpg
21KB, 433x446px
*biggie cheese comes in*
hey itz biggie cheese
>>
>>38136704
>/soc/ is full of people who aren't even normies or robots

I've been thinking of hitting up /soc/ to make friends. What exactly do you mean about them being different?
>>
>>38136704
Make friends from groups in games you play, 99% of the time they play other games you play
Like for me, mount & blade 99% of those people have some form of total war or a paradox game
>>
>>38140997
xddd putting this on rebbit
>>
>>38137640
I sent you a message on kik

If anyone else is looking for friends- my kik is kindred.hearts
>>
>>38136704
*FFFFFLLLLOOOOORRRRRPPPPP*
*BRRRRRRAAAAAAAAFFFFFTTTTT*
>>
File: 0sohot3.jpg (131KB, 927x693px) Image search: [Google]
0sohot3.jpg
131KB, 927x693px
>>38136704
In order to keep friends you actually have to be nice to them. Like kindness, polite, non-judgmental, and not mean.

Being an asshole is the main reason I've seen that people who say they can't keep friends aren't able to.
>>
>>38141610
>Being an asshole is the main reason I've seen that people who say they can't keep friends aren't able to.
While that used to be the case, I think now more than ever people get wrapped up in their own little bubbles and stop making efforts to reach out to efforts. You can lose friends through no fault of your own if the other people don't put in effort which is more and more common. Everyone's too busy or they'll do it another time unless you put a gun to their head.
>>
>>38141040
>>38140524
There's something off about them. They don't know how to socialize and conversate correctly. They can't internalize talking to people for personal emotional investment. It's insane.
>>
>>38142064
This is accurate. I haven't tried communicating with anyone there in years because it left me more depressed or was a waste of time. They're pseudo-normies who want to be entertained and for you to do all the work but they have nothing to offer in return. It makes me more sour than anything so I stopped trying a long time ago because I know not everyone is that shitty.
>>
>>38142064
>>38142270
I go to /soc/ a lot and I don't think I'm like this. Than I don't really participate there either.
>>
>>38142721
Not everyone is. Just the overwhelming majority.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.