[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My bf wants to take a break. Does this mean it's over? I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: ovwyn.jpg (17KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
ovwyn.jpg
17KB, 480x480px
My bf wants to take a break. Does this mean it's over? I should've stayed alone. I'm more lonely now than I was before. Feels bad.
>>
Failed normie(male) here...
Need more info on the situation.
Where does each of you live?
How much did you live with eachother(how much time did you two spent with eachother)
Did something happen between you two before that?
Etc. Etc.
>>
>>38132620
We live an hour away from each other and we see each other on weekends but he's going through depression right now and is becoming withdrawn.

I told him i'd give him the space he needed but i don't know how to proceed from there. I have depression too but we are both dealing with it differently. Give any advice if you can.
>>
>>38132784
Need more info on that.

How did he say that he wants a break?
How long since he said it?
Did you keep in contact with him?
Does he still text with you?
What sort of "break" are we talking about?
Break like "we cut contact for a few weeks" or "i want to be alone irl for a time"?
>>
>>38132886
I brought up how withdrawn he was becoming and he told me that he just needs some space right now to work on his issues. It's only been a week but it's just putting all these thoughts in my head about if he'll even come back.

Break as in we cut contact for a few weeks. I'm just going to let him talk to me when he feels up to it but I don't know how long I'm going to be waiting or if I should move on.
>>
>>38132556
My gf just told me this. To be fair, it's kind of mutual. We both love each other a lot but we're incompatible. Like you, we live ~2 hours way from each other and I visit her every weekend, but we just fight during the weeks.

I know it's for the best but... Fuck, I really like her. And I miss her already.

Hang in there anon.
>>
breaks are selfish if it's one sided
>>
>>38132556
Try >>>/lgbt/ my man
>>
>>38133074
Unless the problem someone has is specifically about being gay, then it doesn't have to go to /lgbt/. This guy, I'm assuming, has a problem and just happens to be gay
>>
File: fd3.jpg (39KB, 625x400px) Image search: [Google]
fd3.jpg
39KB, 625x400px
>>38132556
Why did you go for a normie and not a qt robot bf?
This is all a consequence of the choices you have made. You could have prevented this.
>>
>>38133052
Are you going to get back together?

>>38133162
He's not a normie and this still wasn't preventable.
>>
>>38133012
Well... Its quite a hard situation...
I actually was in his position.
The best i can say is: Leave him be for awhile.
If he texts you back dont ignore him because you feel like he broke up with you.
There are quite a few guys that have problems (stress or mentally-ill-related) who think and even feel like relationships "leech" their energy (especially depressive ones).

Dont assume that he doesnt love you anymore.
Guys usually tend to take "breaks" from their partners to "not let them down either" whereas dudettes tend to keep their partners.
Just give him time.
Im speaking from your bfs side.

(But if he doesnt even contact you in about 1-2month/s/ -> fuck him or text him yourself that you cant handle that shit - its for the best of you)
>>
>>38133232
I don't know. In two months we'll resume contact and talk about it. Honestly, I don't know if I want to. It's one of those relationships that can be great in person - we have great physical chemistry - but terrible over phone/text. It's been three years and we haven't improved these problems. So I don't know. Maybe it's best to call it quits.
>>
File: b79.jpg (79KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
b79.jpg
79KB, 666x666px
>>38133232
>not a normie
Prove it then. Oh what did you meet on r9k? So it's a guarantee he's a robot? Come on. Tell me how he was a robot.

He
was
a
NORMIE

And it all could've been EASILY EASILY prevented dear.
>>
>>38133282
Thank you. I agree with the 1-2 month deadline. That to me isn't a break but a breakup.
>>
>>38133561
Thats what i wanted to say:
If a guy is overwhelmed with his own life and having a relationship and he wants to take a break from that relationship, its mostly a break not a complete breakup.
They just dont see it that way.

They just want to settle their lives atleast a bit to not fuck their partner up either.

I promise you:
He will text you in 3 weeks top :)
>>
>>38133347
Depression can't be prevented senpai
>>
>>38132784
As a guy who broke up with a girl because my depression symptoms started up again while dating her... it's probably over.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.