[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dad committed suicide last weekend

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 16

File: IMG_0802.jpg (147KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0802.jpg
147KB, 680x680px
Got told he killed himself with a gun shot through the head. He was 55.

His suicide note said "Sorry, I hate my job and can't take it anymore. Goodbye."

He did always used to whine that he hated his job even if he earned a lot.

I don't get it. He had a comfy senior manager job in an engineering company earning $250,000 a year. Zero debt. 5 bedroom bungalow with several acres of land.

My mother rarely got into fights with him and was married 25 years. Obviously she was devastated the most.

Jesus Christ it was just a fucking job. Why was he such an ungrateful fuck and kill himself them?

Seriously, what a fucking pussy.

I feel nothing but hate and anger towards my dad. Fuck that asshole. I hope he rots in hell.
>>
On the plus side you're probably in for an inheritance cheque
>>
>>38131044
He actually hated your mom and just thought he hated his job.

I bet if that bitch hadn't fucking hassled him all the time he would have been perfectly fine.
>>
>>38131088
He also probably hated OP.
Probably hated himself too.
Probably hated everything.

Suicidal proclivity is hereditary.
Stay frosty, OP.
>>
File: 1499103173716.png (203KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
1499103173716.png
203KB, 612x408px
>>38131044
ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS FOLLOW HIS DAMN ADVICE, ANON.
>>
>>38131528
kek

I like this meme originally
>>
>>38131044
I feel bad for you but you should have talked to him about his job. I wish fly dad was still around I haven't seen nor spoken to him since 17 and doesnt make any effort to get into contact with me outside of facebook msgs. I stopped using Facebook because I got sick of people thinking it was enough to just send me a fucking text anyway is talk to my dad a fuckload if he wasn't a piece of Shit like my father. Your father was still with your mother and you seem to be brought up well and had a good job.

If it makes you feel any better I wish my father died in your fathers place. My father deserves death much more then yours.
>>
>>38131044
cant understand why someone would kill himself when he is leaving behind a family.
>>
File: 1407119379594.png (93KB, 568x479px) Image search: [Google]
1407119379594.png
93KB, 568x479px
>yfw op gets into real world and end up killing himself like his dad and finally say "oh I get it now"
>>
>>38131044
>just a job

A job is not just a job, it sucks all your life, energy and hope away for a little money.

And if you quit that job then your life is even more fucked up, basically being a wagecuck is slavery.
>>
>>38131044
perhaps he offed himself knowing what a shitty son he had
>>
>>38131694
>>38131795

If you hate your job just quit and find another one. Jesus Christ its not fucking rocket science.

>>38131797

I already have a job you fucking imbecile.
>>
>>38131795
Pretty much but why didn't he save and retire ? Sell the house and live in bum fuck no where
>>
>>38131044
I'm sorry he killed himself, he should've just run away with some money to live in some third world country for the next 20-30 years of his life as a neet desu.
>>
>>38131865
Being a transvestite hooker is not a job anon. It's a hobby.
>>
>>38131865
what does it have to do with it?
>>
>>38131865
calm down you angry little man

nobody cares about your life :^)
>>
>>38131876

I don't know why he didn't do that. He had it all made. But he always used to complain that his job wasn't "challenging" enough.
>>
>>38131591
>>38131528
I agree, this is my new favorite meme.
>>
>>38131680
Anyone who actually goes through with suicide has already come to terms with the fact that they're leaving people behind to suffer or whatever, and decided that they don't give a fuck. After all, at the end of the day it doesn't affect the person who's killing themselves at all--they're dead, nothing can affect them all because they no longer exist. Sure some people still living will be upset because of your actions, but you'll be dead so it won't matter to you at all. I wish I could bring myself to be that selfish, maybe I could have left this place already.
>>
File: doggo.jpg (63KB, 724x545px) Image search: [Google]
doggo.jpg
63KB, 724x545px
>>38131680
truly suicidal people are going to do it no matter who or what they leave behind. For some reason, their entire existence has become torture. You could give them all of the money in the world and they'd probably still do it. Nothing worldly; not fame, not wealth, not sex, not food, will keep them here. They are tired of human existence and will take the most radical of steps to shed it. The only thing that might keep them here longer is opiates, because it quiets the noise of the human condition temporarily
>>
>>38131044
You'll understand when you're his age. And eating a bullet in your misery.
>>
>>38131865
>If you hate your job just quit and find another one. Jesus Christ its not fucking rocket science.

That's not how it works, once you quit your job it's basically an admission to the world you're weak and can't handle the job you're at. Your dad was probably planning to die for years and years before last week. Simply because he knew he was a pussy who couldn't handle normal life.

None of us are safe.
>>
>>38131868
>why didn't he save and retire
Because he was stupid and started a family and bought a large house.
>>
>another wagecuck gone
get fucked
>>
File: 1498114205882.jpg (331KB, 960x1145px) Image search: [Google]
1498114205882.jpg
331KB, 960x1145px
>>38132121
>None of us are safe
I am. all gods love me and nothing bad has ever happened in my life. suck it, suffering masses!!!
>>
>>38131954
You sure there isn't anything you don't know? Seems really weird.
>>
>>38132121
>That's not how it works, once you quit your job it's basically an admission to the world you're weak and can't handle the job you're at.

What utter bullshit. Do you NEETs actually tell yourself that to sleep better at night? Unless you live in Japan, where there is such societal shame put on someone who quits their job, here in the West one has to actually have balls of steel to quit and find another job. OP's dad clearly didn't have any.
>>
>>38132201
It's mostly that at 55 you will never find anyone employing you.
>>
>>38132338
At my last job there was this 60 year old who said he would just have killed himself if he'd have known he'd be doing his blue collar job for the rest of his life.

Honestly life is just shit.
>>
>>38131044
This is bait. If he earned that much, at his age he could have retired already. What a stupid, useless bait.
>>
>>38131044
He just wrote that so that his insufferable immediate family wouldn't feel guilty. He sounds like a decent guy
>>
>>38132397
What job was he doing?
>>
>>38131085
This. I'm mad jelly.
>>
My dad is the same way. 56 years old, scientist, makes high 6 figures. My mom divorced him a couple of years ago. Now he sends me drunk texts about walking out of his job and living in a tent. He also has gotten drunk and fell down the stairs multiple times. I think the years of stressful jobs and my mother messed his brain up. His job isn't even hard at all, he has a gigantic office and a building his company built for him.
>>
>>38132338
>$250,000/year senior manager
>No one hiring you
I don't think so anon. Quitting your job is pretty safe if you have savings, once you're not in a job with an easily replaceable skillset (e.g. unionized janitor or secretary). Startups hire execs in their 40s and 50s all the time.
>>
This is more evidence of three things:

1. Don't ever get married if you're a male.

2. Money and materials don't define happiness.

3. Being born as a male in a first world country is life instantly set at Very Hard difficulty.
>>
>>38132815
Maybe our parents' generation was worse at nipping depression in the bud, so they wound up nipping their lives by the noose. Acknowledging that you're unhappy is the first step to not killing yourself. Shouldn't take a 20+ year marriage.
>>
>>38131044
You hate what you don't understand. You are weak.
>>
>>38131044
There are other reasons for suicide. Maybe depression. Maybe he didn't want to reveal them. Don't judge him.
>>
what gun, where did he aim and where was he when he did it (deep woods, home, car?)
>>
>>38131044
Boomers are a cancer, hope they all follow your father lead
>>
Its his body, he can die if he wants to
>>
>>38132954
Than what's life in a 3rd world country?
>>
>>38132194
I score on the normie range when taking the r9k test.

And let me tell you from experience. I considered suicide 2 years into my boring and slow aisle stocker job because I just didn't learn anything or do anything meaningful with my life
>>
>>38133155
Devoid of affirmative action
>>
>>38131865
>If you hate your job just quit and find another one. Jesus Christ its not fucking rocket science.
You are so fucking naive
>>
>>38131044
On the bright side, your mum can sugar mummy for some Chad while he fucks her brains out until she forgets about your dad.
>>
>>38133514
and people think there are no optimists here
>>
>>38131044
You sound like an idiot OP
Everything is always different from how it appears on the surface
Everyone can decide for themselves what is worth existing for
>>
>>38133155
The difference with 3rd world countries is that feminism is lacking in most of them. Most of them have a very patriarchal culture.
>>
>>38131044
stop whining and follow his path for he has shown you what autism is
>>
My dad committed suicide by train earlier this year. I hadn't spoken to him in a long time. He was a drug addict and severely mentally ill. I'm kind of happy for him. He's finally out of his misery.

Sorry for your loss OP.
>>
>>38131528
That was a kek worthy edit
>>
File: u wot m8.gif (1MB, 480x407px) Image search: [Google]
u wot m8.gif
1MB, 480x407px
>>38132179
so how are you here if nothing wrong ever happened in your life
>>
>>38134519
I made a wrong turn at r/bigdickproblems
>>
File: issou 2.jpg (88KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
issou 2.jpg
88KB, 500x300px
>>38134642
>mfw it s a real subreddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/bigdickproblems/
>>
>>38134681
humblebrag: the subreddit
>>
>>38131044
My dad is an engineer.

HE says he actually likes his job, but talks about how stressful it is, and most of his coworkers seem like shitty people (I went to some company lunch with him because we were sharing a car at the time)
>>
>>38131044
Suicidal people don't make a lot of sense sometimes. Your father was obviously a smart guy to have that job and keep it that long, but he felt the only option in life was to kill himself (which even a person with a marginal iq would know is ridiculous).

Probably an attention whore lie like most of the internet though
>>
>>38134949
Fucking normie post fuck you piece of shit
>>
File: work1.jpg (130KB, 625x664px) Image search: [Google]
work1.jpg
130KB, 625x664px
>>38131044
>He had a comfy senior manager job

Someday when you aren't so NEET and have a real job, especially a "high-paying" one, you'll realize the kind of stress and utter, Dilbert-esque bullshit people have to deal with at work.

It's like death by a thousand cuts, and the more money you make, the more pressure to keep the shitty job because losing it would make you seem to be a "failure"
>>
>>38131044
He wasn't talking about his societal job. Doesn't matter now. His soul belongs to me.
>>
>>38131528
just give jesus christ a firm handshake and walk into heaven
>>
>>38135461

Yeah my father has one and he told me son whatever you do don't take the path I did. But what is the alternative? Working shit tier jobs for low wages?
>>
>>38131044
Man, I wish mine would do the same.
>>
File: IMG_1404.jpg (72KB, 724x594px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1404.jpg
72KB, 724x594px
>>38131865
Sorry m8, gotta atleast be 18 or older to post on this site. Your post reads like that of a naive highschooler who has no idea what the real world is truly like.
>>
File: IMG_5868.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5868.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>38131044
>inb4 your mom was actually the one to kill him and only acting devastated so that she can keep all the money and a new young guy to fuck
>>
>>38131865
clearly youre defensive >>38131797 didnt even mention you not having a job. he just mentioned that you were a shitty person. by the sounds of it, you are.
>>
File: Froggish Character 5.gif (52KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Froggish Character 5.gif
52KB, 320x240px
>>38133169
>stocker job
>i already have a job you fucking imbecile
>>
>>38132060
Some people go suicidal when there is a lack of worldly things. When famous athletes/actors fade to obscurity or become ashamed, they're liable to commit suicide. Frustrated virgins can become suicidal. People who would die of disease can choose to end their lives with the assistance of doctors. If you gave those people fame, sex, and alleviate their diseases, they might find a foothold in life. There's also people who get cornered in crimes who commit suicide like R. Budd Dwyer.

There is certainly a sect of people who resolve to suicide because of the bleakness of the human condition, but those aren't the only and "true" suicidal people.
>>
>>38135792
I think he go confused and mixed up 94 and 97. And who are you to judge him. What makes you a non-stop person? Do you help the poor?
>>
File: firmhandshakeman.jpg (40KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
firmhandshakeman.jpg
40KB, 612x408px
>>38135607
The secret to life lies within the handshake indeed.
>>
>>38135792

never said i was a good person. if i look up in a tree and see that someone flew a helicopter into it i can offer the commentary that the pilot is bad at his job, regardless of whether or not i know how to fly a helicopter.
>>
>>38135844
how the heck did bud dwyer die so easily? even with a rifle or shotgun i feel like somehow id fuck up and live be it weak hold on the gun, bad aim or someone comes with an ambulance

but bud had bad aim, a room full of people and a "weaker" gun than any shotgun so wtf was his death hust a freak occurrnce or will any bullet to the head make you die instantly and bleed put your nose like him?
>>
I'm willing to bet he cheated on your mom with a young coworker and she was planning to blackmail him. He pussied out and took the easy way out.

OR he found out your mom was cheating on him or something like that. I don't think his job was the real issue here, he could've applied for another job.
>>
>>38135952
>>38135896
sorry quoted wrong post my main dudes
>>
>>38131044
Guess his handshake wasn't firm enough.
>>
>>38133155
Life on pvp mode. So sorta fun if you are into that.
>>
>>38135645
Starting a business or getting rich off some bullshit.
>>
File: IMG_5481.jpg (54KB, 608x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5481.jpg
54KB, 608x600px
wow anon, im sorry. looks like your dad didnt shake enough hands, maybe didnt even look the manager in the eye. Here's how i'll make it up to you- today I'll drive you to the nearest Target. Here's what you need to do.: Look the manager in the eye, firmly shake his hand, and tell him you want the job. Simple as that.
>>
>>38135972
Up towards the brain and not backward toward the throat. If you ask me, I think he resolved when none of the people in the room "saw his way of thinking" and tried to stop him without listening. It was a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy once he brought the gun into that situation.

I'm not linking the video, but it's open on YouTube.
>>
>>38136093
do you think that even though the bullet hit his front brain he was instantly dead? i thought with a shotgun you aim 45 degrees up and back in the mouth
>>
>>38131044
>tfw you are aware of the current memes going around and know this is a subtle joke thread
>>
File: fly dad.jpg (27KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
fly dad.jpg
27KB, 400x308px
>>38131634
>. I wish fly dad was still around
Yo waddup son I heard you rang? Whats up with that haircut? Africa called and said they wanted the zebra's mane back HAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: fly dad on the rocks.jpg (89KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
fly dad on the rocks.jpg
89KB, 1024x680px
>>38131634
Just kidding haha whats new with you? how's the old lady these days? She find anyone else who needs help spending money yet? LOL

Please call me I love you
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.