[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>parents dropped me out before I could go to middle or high

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: skeleton-computer.jpg (16KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton-computer.jpg
16KB, 300x240px
>parents dropped me out before I could go to middle or high school
>let me spend my entire childhood and teenage years alone in a room sat at the computer
>now 22 and in college
>failing all of my classes
>Calc 2 test in 3 hours and I haven't studied or touched the due assignments
>spent all weekend, all semester on my computer to cope with the stress of my classes
Why did I have to turn out like this? Why couldn't I been raised better
>>
>>38123657
Yeah, keep blaming it on your parents you pathetic loser. God, I hate you fuckers so much

No one asked to be born; you could kill yourself whenever you want but you'd rather complain about your parents. Protip: fuck off
>>
>>38123657
There is a simple solution for this.
>>
File: firmhandshakeman.jpg (40KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
firmhandshakeman.jpg
40KB, 612x408px
>>38123657
"Son, excuses are for quitters -- and I didn't raise you to be a quitter. Now you get back out there and pass that exam, then we'll drive down to the store and have you speak with the manager so you can land a job and stop thinking like this."
>>
File: 1474228078482.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474228078482.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>38123721
>then we'll drive down to the store and have you speak with the manager so you can land a job and stop thinking like this."

IT DOESNT WORK LIKE THIS ANYMORE DAD
>>
>>38123684
Why am I like the way I am? Why can't I be better? I want to be better but I always go back to my old ways. I even ended a previous semester with a 4.0 GPA and new friends then during the break I went back to my old self and lost everything.
>>
>>38123705
Suicide?

I'm too selfish to kill myself.
>>
>>38123731
I was just roleplaying. I honestly hate being forced to exist. Until I kill myself however, I just do what feels right and comfortable. For me, that's living with my mom, not working much, and reading books n shit. College once appealed to me, but no more.

If it doesn't feel like it's for you, just quit. If you have a goal, you can work towards it in multiple ways usually. My only goal is to move to the woods and be alone. I only need like 20k to do this so my life is pretty chill. It's all about what you want
>>
>>38123684
Fuck off normie faggot, he specifically stated his parents dropped him out of school. They are to blame.
>>
your fucked dude just start planning your next move aftet you fail
>>
>>38123684
according to adorno, freud etc. the way you turn out is completely up to your parents. during the
phase of development, which can last way after the high school years, parents still have a great influence on their children. thats why i am a fuckup
>>
>>38123657
>Spends all of his time on computer
>Doesn't use his computer to further advance himself in the game of life

You have only yourself to blame OP, not your parents.
>>
>>38123854
He was still pure prebubescent during that time and his parents didn't encourage him to study on the computer.
>>
>>38123657
Leave your pc with your parents and only keep a laptop around for work, which should be too slow to play any games on. Doing sports or working out also helps, if you don't like the social aspect go to the gym in the middle of the day when it's mostly empty. The exercise will make you feel better and more motivated. Listen to some ASMR for the stress (yes it's cringe, but it does help with stress)

t. lazy fuck who just graduated
>>
>>38123892
Yet he's 22 and in college. Supposedly with the right dedication, you can learn up to college level math in 2 weeks time. But you OP, you're not constrained by the habits and thought processes that typically inhibit those who went to middle and high school. You don't have all of those experiences that cause you to see learning in a negative light. So indeed, I'd say you have yourself to blame if you didn't even once think about what you might be missing during all of that free time you had.
>>
>>38123657
>>38123839
If you can't take care of yourself you don't deserve to be cared for. This isn't an opinion this is a reality. You're the only person responsible for yourself.
>>
>>38123976
If you get bullied or raised poorly it will have some effect, so it would be justifiable to have some issues. Eventually you'll have to take care of it though, if not for the fact that you won't get a second chance at life
>>
Same, parents made me drop out then switched me to online school. I'm transferring back to a public school next year. I'm gonna be 20, 21 a month after graduation but I give absolutely 0 fucks anymore. I need some way to be social.
>>
>>38123976
>If you can't take care of yourself you don't deserve to be cared for
I want you to read that very carefully and see if you can figure out just how ridiculous that statement is.
>>
>>38123962
I like to learn when I'm in learning enviromments but most of the time I have to be at home as I don't have a car to get food or go to learning environments besides the school and my mom's schedule means I don't get much time on campus. When I'm home I do what I've always done at home, fuckall.

>you didn't even once think about what you might be missing during all of that free time you had.
Both me and my brother(4th grade drop out) asked our parents to school us or put us into schools the nearby kids were at when we were growing up but things stayed the same. At 19 I decided to get my GED and at 20 I went to college with financial aid supporting me but I wasn't able to change who I was when I was at home or when I was able to bring home with me.
>>
>>38123657
>get yanked out of school
>have the opportunity to learn anything you want on your own time
>chooses to learn nothing

Nigger, I dropped out of school basically sophomore yearf of high school, and I'm more intelligent than my peers that did great in school and went off to college.

Education is worthless if you aren't curious. Dropping out of school was the best choice for my eduction.
>>
>>38124486
You're a high school Chad, I'm an elementary school drop out. I barely knew what an education was.

>Education is worthless if you aren't curious.
I was curious about video games, fictional universes, random trivia, boobies and such, I wasn't shown anything that I didn't naturally look for as a kid.
>>
>>38124274
Good luckerooni anon.
>>
>>38123657
First step is actualization; next is planning, then action followed by death.

There may be a random amount of each of the first three till the fourth. If you keep the first three large the last should be delayed and fruitful. But the game's rigged to blow anyway so have fun.
>>
>>38124379
move out
You probably heard that before though
>>
>>38125402
Isn't actualization the same as action?

>>38125466
Yes I have had a friend tell me to move out before but I'm pretty stuck. I've thought about paying for transportation but that's pretty expensive.
>>
File: 1475087587018.jpg (77KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475087587018.jpg
77KB, 1080x1080px
>>38123657
>failing all of my classes
>I haven't studied or touched the due assignments
gee, I wonder how you are failing everything
Stop wasting tax money and fucking kill yourself right now
>>
>>38125783
It's the person I am's fault for this but it's not my fault for being made into the person I am.

Which is a good reasom for suicide but I'm too selfish, anon.
>>
>>38124576
Let me tell you what kiddo, when I was a kid I was way more smart about a great deal of things than I am now. I was constantly reading dictionaries and encyclopedias and books about dinosaurs, bridges, weather, and sciences. I was far more intelligent and knowledgeable than kids in my class yet I was constantly barely getting Cs in school. Being smart has nothing to do with what grade you're in. I wish I was as smart as my childhood self at the age of 27. All that knowledge gone to waste.
>>
>giving the profeasor a half empty test
Few things I've done felt more awful.

>>38127085
The point is disicipline and the direction of our curiosity, not necessarily intelligence.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.