[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do insane people have a twisted sort of wisdom?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: e4a850d12bc5_sf_4.jpg (38KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
e4a850d12bc5_sf_4.jpg
38KB, 640x360px
Do insane people have a twisted sort of wisdom?
>>
>>38117088
they overdose on the redpill so hard it mangles their mind beyond repair, like looking directly at a lovecraftian elder god
>>
realizing existence is absurd seems wise to me. And that 90% of people are full of shit
>>
>>38117117
this
keep in mind that redpill in itself is a concept , the concept being someone who has had its worldview crushed so hard it drives them insane to a point of no return , ie; SJWS, MGTWOS, Alt Righters ,etc etc all have had their redpill .It makes you wiser in the sense that you are constantly trying to make sense of your new view and your new belief.

TL;DR
ALL THE PILLS ARE RED
>>
it's just a romanticized view of them that is propagated by media narratives because it is a more sanitary archetype than portraying them as the blithering demented fools they actually are
>>
>>38117176
Huh that's actually an interesting way of looking at it. Never seen it that way but you're right.
>>
>>38117088
dude in OP is a performance artist
>>
They are all the children of Diogenes, so yes. Also keep in mind, most of the rhetoric that "insane" people use is very very highly metaphorical
>>
I think so, even a broken clock is right twice a day. I had a friend who was paranoid and weird as fuck, diagnosed schizo, 60% of the time he was a pain to be around, 37% of the time he was barely tolerable, but then some of the things he would say and do would be somewhat profound if not unusual in today's society. He was honest and true to a fault, the most genuine person I ever met, but this also made him extremely annoying, in the end I had to cut him off.
>>
>>38117088
In general, no.
But some individuals do.
>>
>>38117088
I've seen this guy irl in NYC. Crazy fucking dude
>>
>>38117088
I think education is a part of wisdom, because you really need to know the past successes and failures so that you even know what wisdom is supposed to be about, and most insane people can't really pull that off. The best case is someone who's off-kilter but also able to read and understand the literature, which is pretty rare. Of course, the problem with a normal person reading the literature is that they get sucked in by all the things that seem to make sense and end up devoting their lives to tweaking some corner case of a harebrained theory. Which is, anyway, why there are so few great men, sane or otherwise.
>>
>>38117088
We live in society and our brains run on social norms

Theirs don't, they have another cultural operating system

Culture if your operating system and it keeps you trapped into this particular world. Your sensory organs, everything, are tuned into the cultural paradigm you were raised in. Theirs are not - as such they get more "raw data" from their sensory organs. They see people "as they are" and funnily enough this actually does not help them. You'd think it does, like they're seeing past the veil, but it actually doesn't, because we work on a higher level of abstraction which they're now failing to conform to in seeing the raw data

They see the world of assembly, we see Haskell. This is what it is like to be in a state of psychosis. Your memory horizon is shortened and your cultural internal hash table stops having as many entries so everything is new, everything is a cache miss

tl;dr
They see the world differently and in some aspects more accurately than us, but they can't make sense of it because it is highly abstract nowadays through our complex social systems.
>>
>>38117992
how long did it take you to write this drivel
>>
>>38118030
Too long, thanks for the (you) I like negative reinforcement too
>>
>>38118030
>someone takes their time to actually try to contribute to the thread
>"lol NERD XDDD post more frogs HAHA"
fuck off normie
>>
>>38117176
>Everything is truth

Hello post-modernist
>>
>>38118467
>post-modernist
that word.. i don't think it means what you think it means
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.