[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure if this is the place to ask but....

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: FRONT.jpg (10KB, 208x243px) Image search: [Google]
FRONT.jpg
10KB, 208x243px
What allured you into anime?

In my case, it was the fact that anyone could be a hero as well as the strange attacks, cool music (I am a fan of smooth jazz) and monster heroes as well.

After Gargoyles ended in the 90's there was a huge hero drought and "slice of life" dogshit was getting popilar among the kids; I wanted none of that.

Also I honestly don't get waifus or bishonen, they are the dudes many people wish they could be and the girls sad sorry guys they wish they could fuck. (and vice versa in both cases)

I once got rejected because I wasn't a femmy bishonen emo dude, that's what one girl wanted and I wasn't that archetype.
Here's where anime led me.

>1996
>8 years old
>dad buys me fansubbed mario ova after finishing mario rpg
>I am enthralled with the story
>makes the supershow look like horseshit in comparison
>Dad tells me tales of when Gigantor used to play but he could never find subs.
>Occasionally he gets me subbed vids of various kids anime like the Kyatto Ninden & Dai no daibouken
> at the age of 12 I started practicing japanese solo
> In college I mastered the classes
>at 28 I worked at a US subsidiary of a major japanese studio
>at 29 I worked on a project in japan
>>
>>38112909
I've only ever watched a few anime, I either can't stand them or just aren't interested. And if you ask me it took a sharp decline in quality over the decades.
>>
>>38112909
Death Note got me into Anime, it had such a fascinating story and was really interesting to watch. Also I really liked the music.
All my favorite Anime have really good music, and I think it's music that plays a pretty huge role in my enjoyment of a series.
>>
>>38112909
>Watch AoT on Netflix 3 years ago
>hey this shit ain't so bad
>watch more normie anime
>start getting into more obscure shit
So I'm still pretty new, but I've watched a couple hundred shows at this point. Helps deal with the crushing loneliness, and gives me something to talk to other losers on the internet about.
Never got into the related mediums that much though. Only read a handful of manga, and 1 VN (Fate)
>>
File: 1493256799609.jpg (88KB, 650x842px) Image search: [Google]
1493256799609.jpg
88KB, 650x842px
I started off as a Toonami fag
What I felt from the anime shown there was an emotional connection that was lacking from traditional cartoons or TV
It was somber, not crude, and to me felt adult without the nasty grittiness that a typical action movie did
I related to the aloof and angsty, but 'thoughtful' characters. It felt like they 'understood'
Top that off with what I felt was beautiful music such as this, with that mystic celtic feel about it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV6OCCR4qlA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe6pIJAh318
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpOdFxTC8ZQ
>>
>>38113107
>couple hundred shows
>still pretty new

I don't think that's how it works.
>>
>>38113128
Pretty new in terms of years I've been watching. There are plenty of people that've been watching for 10, 20 years, I haven't even been around for 5. And yeah I've maybe watched a lot of shows, but I've only recently really started scratching the surface of the more "out there" shit.
>>
>>38113008
Is everyone here really young or something?
>>
>>38112909
Social isolation and my delusions got so strong that I thought that the moe girls I was watching were really real and that they were my friends.

Now I'm in college and I've knocked it off. I still have no friends but I've got no time for anime. Too busy reading
>>
>>38113994
Most people around here seem to be around college age, so 18-22, myself included. Plus I got into it a bit late.
>>
>>38114056
Shit, I pop on to this site once inawhile just to see the state of 4chan and what memes are fresh. I haven't used this site frequently since I was in that age bracket.

Guess I am too old for this place, time to let the young bloods takeover.
>>
>>38114181
yeah, it seems most people here end up either moving on to something different, becoming normies, or successfully committing suicide.
>>
>>38114244
Also since I have your attention, when did this place become for losers?

Way back when people just came here for images, pranks, and controversial bullshit.
>>
>>38114585
I'm not sure, it was like this when I came here. I think it's been like this for a while, and has pretty much developed its own messed up culture.
>>
>>38115416
That's terrible, I think I have been out of loop for too long.
>>
>>38112909
Something about anime drawing style is just appealing. For whatever reason, Western animators always incorporated grotesque caricature elements into their character design, but anime faces are just drawn as this blank slate removing all blemishes and distilling every expression to its basic emotional form.
>>
>>38112909
I started watching anime because i'm autistic and it makes me feel like I belong. I used to pretend that I was L from death note and try to solve cases at school. I'd pretend there was a shinigami named Tingu who talked to me. This was about 5 years ago when I was a sophomore in high school. I still like to do it when I'm home alone. If my mom's home she gets angry at me.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.