[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SELF-IMPROVEMENT THREAD - ESCAPE THE PIT

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 16

Yeah, i did this.
Take less time than I planned, using Excel.
I applied the Robot Test v4 of /r9k/ to each month of my life since first year of HS, with 14.
Today almost 21, "third" year of college.
As someone very theorical and logical as I, I must find how much progress I have done in shitty life.
<< Achieved this.

What other methods are good enough to represent visually progress or decadence in our lifes?
U see.. we are visual creatures.
>>
Bump!
This is the kinda thread we need.
>>
What have you improved on anon?
>>
Part of escaping the pit is to stop coming here.

People here are just crabs in the bucket that will bring you down
>>
File: HYPE.jpg (282KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
HYPE.jpg
282KB, 800x800px
>Be you
>Desperately want to get better and break out of here
>Maybe a job will do it!
>But you never went to college and have no exper-
STOP RIGHT THERE FAGGOT. I work in marketing, and make damn good money. Here are some digital marketing certificates you can complete online. Just copy and paste these into google and you'll find a link. MOST of these are free, and not hard at all. Get cracking, they look great on a resume

>Google Analytics IQ
>Google AdWords
>OMI Web Analytics
>Facebook Blueprint Ad Certification
>Salesforce Trailhead
>Salesforce
>Hubspot Content Marketing
>Hubspot Inbound Marketing
>Marketo Certification
>>
File: firmhandshakeman.jpg (40KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
firmhandshakeman.jpg
40KB, 612x408px
>>38111518

"Those Internet things sound nice, son. But at the end of the day, nothing beats showing up, speaking with the manager, looking him in the eye, and giving him a firm handshake."
>>
File: in_orbit.jpg (32KB, 319x340px) Image search: [Google]
in_orbit.jpg
32KB, 319x340px
>>38111557
xd my fren u relly made me KEK
>>
File: For a day trip.jpg (133KB, 483x698px) Image search: [Google]
For a day trip.jpg
133KB, 483x698px
>>38111557
FUCK YOU OLD MAN, GO BACK TO YOUR HANDSHAKE THREAD, I ALREADY HAVE A JOB

The sad part is that handshake dad isn't entirely wrong. Having a good attitude and being polite/respectful is a part of any job that you can't earn certification in
>>
>>38111557
Dead meme up in here
>>
>>38111557
OH GOD IT'S SPREADING
>>
well I lost 4 lbs this week, had kind of a chaotic week at work, though I think I figured it out so I won't have a chaotic week next week, and I did all my dishes and swept my apartment. Not bad in total.

I'm going back to college this semester after 2 years of being away from school. This is the last year before getting my CS degree, so I'll have to complete a senior project. I tried to get started on it today, but I lost focus pretty quickly. I think I have to set modest weekly goals for myself, so I can start making minor steps of progress and get the whole thing going so that by the time I need to write a formal proposal for the project, I'll have a good idea of how much I can get done.
>>
what happened at the end of 2016?
>>
>>38111162
Sometimes we just need to jump out the NEET life.
I will never go back to be a NEET.. This is a vicious cycle of decadence and a loser way to live.

Life is too short to spent just 1 day as a regreting past-obscessed neet cuck.

I will just look for a job, any job.
Invest some cents in bitcoins too and play with the financial rollercoaster.
Cross the continent this july, just next week, by foot camping in the wild.
Use the money gained for first time to pay a college rent.
Escape parent's house definitivaly.
Use my new room to date girls on Tinder every week.

Freedom man, free yourself.
>>
>>38112110
I live a good lifestyle I stay very fit and work very hard. I am self employed and make nice money but the social isolation is killing me. How do you over come that?
>>
good thread idea.

>>38111557
keep on dadposting, friend.
>>
File: IMG_2600.png (268KB, 588x417px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2600.png
268KB, 588x417px
>>38111973
I feel in love. And worked, for the first time in life.
>Lost KV.
>Lost V.
>She made me return to college (i left in the Jun fall of 16).
>She made me return contact with friends and stop isolating myself.
>She turned into my girlfriend.
>Restarted use a cell phone and WhatsApp.
>Reignition of social life.

She was my angel.
We broke in March, 15.

Reason? I was not progressing enough.
The main reason of my life now is become a true and growed man, and retake our relashionship, this time for ever.
>>
>>38110978
People in /r9k/ is locked in self-piety. We need to break the chain.

>>38111189
Somewhat.
The people which you spend your time defines you in certain way.

But we can never forget to down the rope when finally escape the pitt.
>>
>>38112224
Isn't just looking for the right friends?

Is easy be friend of fool empty people.
But interesting and deep people is everywhere around us too.

You have good adult traits as you are telling me, this is a very good beginning.
You don't enjoy be with people or just don't have idea of how or where to make friends?
>>
>>38112559
I never have a chance to interact with new people. I work at home and dont have that much interaction with people , I go on daily runs and see people about but thats the most I see of people.
>>
File: 1498758551176.jpg (2MB, 2064x1161px) Image search: [Google]
1498758551176.jpg
2MB, 2064x1161px
>>38111782
Wow, so much progress to small time-stamp anon!

CS - Computer Science?

If you plan to high, it's hard to climb.

Man, do you know the subreddit X Effect?
Basically you draw up a card of boxes, each box representing 1 day, and on that card at the top you write the thing that you're trying to improve, be it improving your dental hygiene, fitness, days without x (alcohol, drugs caffeine). You pin this card to your wall and everytime you accomplish this you cross off a day with an X.

Supposedly it takes approx. 66 days to form a new habit and this is a good way to track that and also ensure that it's in your face everyday and not tucked away on some phone as an easily ignored application. Picture related isn't my card but an example of somebody elses. This method has really helped me.
>>
>>38112632
Do you live in a big city?
If so, it's easy use apps to hang out.
Yeah, girls.. at principle.
Force yourself to pubs and other half-social places.
Start a sport. Or a training of something.

If you live in a small city things get really hard, I need to confess.. If you have a car maybe is a solution.

But I repeat.
Start a sport. Or a training or a second partial-time job (this time which use social skills)
That's a way man;
>>
>>38112856
More a small city , there are a few local running groups but I have not looked into it that much. I can drive but I am starting out with 0 social capital. I have no friends so that makes it a bit harder to obtain them.
>>
>>38112224
Are you really a NEET if you're self-employed?
>>
>>38110205
What was the jump in late 2016 from 46 to 85?
>>
>>38113162
Another anon here.
I think so.. Just a NEET with NEETbux and a little less free time.
>>
>>38113162
>>38113200
I make more than enough to live off but most of what I do I have automated. Lots of free time to dwell on shit.
>>
>>38113285
>>38113200
>>38113162

I guess it depends how much you make in order to determine if a self-employed person is a NEET.

In my mind, if you make enough to fill out a tax return, you are not a NEET. If you don't make that much, then you're a NEET with a profitable hobby.
>>
File: qweqwe.png (139KB, 1137x545px) Image search: [Google]
qweqwe.png
139KB, 1137x545px
>>38113197
This >>38112411
tfw yes gf

Not only sex.. but mainly love, changed all.

I just put some Paint touch into this.
>>
>>38113040
It's hard to say.

But if you work so little time, and in home.
Why you don't enter college?
>>
>>38113375
Well I am doing a distance learning degree which has also meant I am more isolated. It made sense when I started because I could use it as a plan B if my other thing didnt work out. But now it just means I spend more time alone , i never like to make excuses but here they are.

I mean I just want to find some people to spend time with , I could never just walk up to someone though and say "wanna hang out"(would be odd as well).
>>
This is a great thread. I just want to thank everyone for contributing so far. Don't take your lack of (you)s to mean no ones reading, because I sure am.
>>
>>38110205
Can you post the test thing you're using?
>>
>>38113341
The girlfriend put you on in the 90s? How did she boost you another 50 points.

Post the robot v4 template
>>
File: THE ROBOT TEST.jpg (779KB, 1584x957px) Image search: [Google]
THE ROBOT TEST.jpg
779KB, 1584x957px
>>38113709
Sure anon.

It's a very good life status measurement tool.
>>
File: firmhandshakemanupsidedown.jpg (2KB, 125x83px) Image search: [Google]
firmhandshakemanupsidedown.jpg
2KB, 125x83px
>>38110205
The best way of self improving is to practice your posture and that all-important firm handshake.
>>
>>38113759
>mfw a gf almost turned me fully into a normalfag life (just 2 more points)

I got a college vacation class in January. And move to her house.
Internet for that month was nothing more than social things. My life was basically sex in the morning, class, lunch with her, sex in the afternoon, watch a movie with her, shower with her, make sex at evening, cook something and watch few TV... while she do a blowjob!
>>
File: 1499030776408.jpg (1MB, 1545x1243px) Image search: [Google]
1499030776408.jpg
1MB, 1545x1243px
>>38113975
"Agreed, Jim. The handshake is a lost art."
>>
>>38114184
Hot blue giant stars die very fast. Something like this end sooner.

Be a red dwarf, weak and dim, and live forever.
>>
>>38114184
So this is the power of the fabled "having a gf will fix my life" meme
>>
>>38113341
how the fuck did you spend so little time in the army? get kicked out?
>>
>>38113584
I understand :/

Well, start sports man.
Start clubs.
Just start something that you like.
Is moving that things happen.
>>
>>38114258
In my country is compulsory, conscription, so I had no option when they put me in.
Ater 7 months happened that by a bureaucratic error I was in army, and that by government fault I shouldn't be there, so they throw me out (I was not liking btw). I'm brazilian bro hu3
>>
File: IMG-20150818-WA0011.jpg (28KB, 540x403px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20150818-WA0011.jpg
28KB, 540x403px
>>38114256
Absolutely this is a fool meme.
Not true at all.

Unless if you want a gf that do your mom's job for you, so thats work.

A man must be the head of the relashionship, not drivin by it. It's a extremely beta thought think this way..
I say this because i thought this once.
It's a pretty utopic meme that is easy to believe. The oneitis appears from nowhere and take u out from the pitt to you release your interior alpha at the same moment.
She will make u fix your life. But whats the price?
The price will be her love, her patience, her attention, her time. The more far from society you are, more she will suffer with all this.

She was a true blessed person in my life, and there is no one that I want so much to be happy in this world than she. More than any relative or even me. I really love her. She showed me the way, but said goodbye too.

A gf won't make your life better and happy.
Your life must be better and happy, and then the time for a gf has come.
>>
>>38114243
Red black and gold bae
>>
>>38114544
Do you agree with this op? Your girlfriend has brought you your highest normie score ever.
>>
>>38114583
Yeah. But progress is very slow.
We find happy moving forward in life in the smallest and simple things that we from /r9k/ cannot enjoy, but for a normalfag gf, I was delaying her life and not in the same level.

Pretty sad, but you see, it's true.
While normies are fighting for become successful, we are fighting everyday to become a normie.
She is happy to gain a rise in wage, while I am stucked in mom's money.
Different levels.
When a channer get a first gf, it is a reality shock because you start to share life things with someone way more normie than you. You simply can't escape that the world is in front of you, and no escapism is more allowed.
>>
>>38113759
>>38113709
Hey, what's yours?
>>
File: life - Copy.png (129KB, 1616x1107px) Image search: [Google]
life - Copy.png
129KB, 1616x1107px
>>38113819
looking at my scores, I feel like my satisfaction/life enjoyment should be a lot higher, I think illness (hypothyroidism since early childhood for me) is not well weighted in this graph. that's been the main factor in my life falling apart during high school and the next few years. i feel like ive tried pretty hard to put myself into uncomfortable situations and experience failure. still feel pretty depressed and lack of pleasure (even when I had GF briefly I still felt kinda bad) but I'm getting there. Been on r9k for a decade now...

Heres my life story if anyone cares. this was an interesting idea for a thread, ive done this thing before but haven't done it over the years. i'm definately not a chad, though I think I appear reasonably normal to other people now, don't feel like it though.
>>
>>38113040
I think mutual interests is one of the best way to make friends, especially group meetups on the regular, because there's not a lot of pressure to interact with people directly, you can smalltalk about the interest or just focus on the activity that day. that kind of non pressured socializing helps you be at ease with just being around people, then you can work up to having a drink with them after or whatever.
This also helps you find people that are compatible. a problem i see is that a lot of people who are outside the house all the time doing shit are ultranorms and you probably won't get along all that well. hobbies/activity groups tend to have more of a mix of normies, cyborgs and autists.
>>
>Move away from hoarder dad
>Get a job and a girlfriend
>Girlfriend breaks up with me
>Lose my job
>Forced to move back in with my hoarder dad
>Don't even have enough money to pay off the bills from having to move
>Haven't eaten hardly anything in a month
>Just lay in bed and refresh /v/ like I did before moving out
I feel dead inside.
>>
>know exactly what i need to do
>never act upon it
>constantly feel tired enough that I don't get out
>when semesters start I go through 2-3 weeks where I have my shit together
>live on campus and am on good speaking terms with everyone but no real friend circle
>the first time I slip up with going to lectures or whatever the entire motivation thing collapses

wut do? this has been doing on for years and I could be doing so fucking much more with my life if I had my shit together
>>
>>38115266
Well, the wizard, robot and cyborg scores applied very well to me, the right numbers. Was a bit of a surprise to look at your scores anon. A chad in the board is what seems.

But by the storytelling, I felt the sadness beyond my PC screen.

Seem that you have turned into a true artist lifestyle. Sadness is part of this lifestyle by nature.
>>
>>38111557
Pls never leave again dad
>>
>>38115741
I think chronic illness, if it's bad enough can be like -40 points or more. I've always been depressed but physical health wise it's been pretty unreal, had a really bad crash when I was 22 where I basically couldn't eat for 2 weeks and dropped to 43 kg as a 5'7 22 year old. Had a few stints in hospital being fed through a tube because my digestion just shut down and I felt nauseous 24/7 for years, which I guess has made me more appreciative that a lot of things in life that provoke a lot of fear and doubt have fairly minor consequences compared to illness/physical or sexual abuse/death of loved ones. Fortunately I only had the illness. It's made me less afraid of failure because I've experienced complete rock bottom of feeling like I was literally on the brink of death for weeks at a time.

You're right about the sadness/artist lifestyle. Definately, the creating helps. I'd encourage anyone to draw/write/make music, it's literally the only thing that makes me happy, or at least, what I find now is if I stop creating for a few days or a week, I stop being able to enjoy socializing, I don't want to get out of bed, I don't feel worthy of care etc.
it's something i've struggled with a lot because in some ways I feel shackled to it, probably for life, and I often have to create when I don't feel inspired at all because I just need the stress to go away. Almost all my friends now are creators and they're all fucked up in their own ways, but it makes me love them more because I want to help them along this path.
The way you said 'this lifestyle', do you experience some of this too?
>>
how do we fix the >tfw no gf problem?
>>
>>38116635
Pool /r9k/'s money together and buy communal gf's
>>
>>38116635
Over time, gradually increase your exposure to places that aren't your bedroom
>>
>>38116635
Have your own room, that is not inside parents house.
Have your own money.
Have a car, a job.
And a good body.

Alpha thoughts
>>
I'm really into this chick who I'm good friends with, we've messed around the past. just now I saw her with one of her guy friends, she was wearing the sluttiest outfit. Worst part was we both saw each other but didn't acknowledge each other. She just texted me saying "do you have something to say?" What do
>>
>>38110205
I just want to say to all of you that motivation is a fleeting son of a bitch, and I've talked with many of you who've said "But I tried really hard to improve this aspect of my life, and I did, but I still felt like shit!" And then went back to having a pity party because "they're hopeless no matter what they do".

Improving yourself is great, and it will help you a lot to get better, but you need to understand how to be content with not having certain things in life, and how to be okay with yourself. What you do now will all be for naught if you don't remember that.
>>
>people will read every post in this thread and continue to live the NEET lifestyle day after day

sad tbqh famalam
>>
>>38113819
originallly an original comment.
>>
>>38110205
All of you.
Please.
Kill yourse'lves.
>>
>>38119717
>stop trying to get your life together i'll be lonely if you leave me down here

Don't worry friendo, most people will never really change themselves in a positive direction, especially those who visit macedonian balloon animal juggling imageboards, there will be plenty of bots to hang out with, at least until asian moot goes broke or closes the chins.
>>
>>38119946
>change yourself in a positive direction
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>38119991
aquiring sweet sweet chart points of course
>>
>>38111557
Did you know that Mom fucks our neighbor Michael?
>>
>>38120012

no I'm sure he meant something like this >>38111557
>>
File: stiahnuť.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
stiahnuť.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
>>38110205
I just cleaned my room what now
>>
if youre under 25 you cant be a robot
>>
>>38110205
>self improvement
>claims to have problems
>21 third year
>started at 18 and is on track
>no one took any notice on this

I fucking hate nurobots
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.