[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hope you're proud of me /r9k/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1424765996917.jpg (118KB, 809x808px) Image search: [Google]
1424765996917.jpg
118KB, 809x808px
>browse 4chan for more than 6 years
>be last year
>enroll into uni (EE)
>dad is quite proud because he is EE himself
>get seriously depressed
>browse 4chan all day
>dad notices I'm depressed
>says it's okay to fail courses, just try again till you make it
>cheer up a little
>get depressed again
>browse 4chan all day
>fail every course
>dad asks me how you can possibly fail every single course
>did you even study at all?
>dad wants me to show what I do on my computer
>fuck it
>I show him 4chan
>tell him that's where I go when I'm depressed
>dad can't believe I ruined my life because of a website
>he calls me names and what not
>tells me to get a job or get out
>I don't want to be a wagecuck.

tl;dr ditched uni for 4chan.
Did I make the right choice considering my mental health namely depression?
I can't really get off 4chan. You should know this best.

I'm 20 btw.
>>
File: firmhandshakeman2.jpg (40KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
firmhandshakeman2.jpg
40KB, 612x408px
"Son, you'll never get anywhere in life until you take the first step. Go to the place tomorrow and speak with the manager. Look him in the eye, address him each time as 'sir,' and give him a nice, firm handshake."
>>
>>38108614
>>browse 4chan all day
>>fail every course

no you just have terrible self control

college isn't like high school, you aren't forced to do anything, if you do not want to do it then you will end up not doing anything and failing and dropping out

which is OK, you don't need to go to college to be successful, simply find something you WANT to do because obviously uni is not something you want to do and you will just fail again
>>
>showing your provider 4chan
You deserve to die for being retarded.

I also fucked up uni for 4chan, but I'll join the navy. That gives me some extra survival time before I get kicked out from there too and have to start working.
>>
>>38108614
You probably made the wrong choice, but I get it
>>
>>38108614
>fail every single course

Couldn't you just listen in lesson?
>>
>>38108614
I didnt pass 1 single course either because i just played World of warcraft all the time or browsed 4chan.

Didn't tell my parents though. I have to this week.
>>
File: 1412431812306.png (12KB, 485x312px) Image search: [Google]
1412431812306.png
12KB, 485x312px
>>38108831
I did but apparently that's not enough to know math and physics.

>>38108678
I know but how does one acquire self control?
You have people telling you to work hard but you don't know if you're doing the right thing.
I can't do what I want because I don't think a meme historian is a job.

>>38108728
>>38109106
Glad I'm not the only one who fucked up even though I shouldn't be.
How fucked are you really?
>>
File: 1407839795649.jpg (42KB, 472x461px) Image search: [Google]
1407839795649.jpg
42KB, 472x461px
>>38109426
>20 years old
>meme historian
>>
>>38108728
I've done the opposite to you. I was in the navy for 6 months before being kicked. I've just sat my exams for uni, but honestly I spent too much time here and not enough revising. So I've pretty much fucked up uni over 4chan too :)
>>
>20 years old

Aylmao

That's not even an age, here in many European countries you graduate from high school by the age of 19/20.
>>
>>38108614
I've been on here since 2012 and haven't had this issue, I've gotten straight A's and B's thus far. Sounds like bad self-control.

>>38109568
What'd you fuck up to get kicked out?
>>
>>38108614
Honestly OP this is your parents' fault for raising such a weak faggot son

You can tell them I said that
>>
>>38108614
You mixed up cause and effect. You didn't ditch uni because of 4chan,you came on 4chan because you were already depressed, and probably also because you don't really give a shit about studying.
4chan is a symptom.
>>
>>38108614
Holy shit are you me. Same story but im in mech eng. At least i passed some subject on this last semester... but I'm fucking depressed to. I'll try another semester and if i fail, i'll just switch career
.>>38109759
This.
>>
>>38109706
There was complication on their part with the medical assessment I had to do before joining. I was allowed in pretty fast, and it wasn't until 6 months down the line- when I'd already been away with them a few times, and represented my ship in some parades- that they realized my eye sight didn't meet their standards. I really miss it, the POs who knew me well tried to appeal but with no success :(
>>
>>38109814
That sucks serious ass, most people get kicked out for shit like drugs. I'm surprised you couldn't get a waiver.
>>
>>38110251
Unfortunately, it's because the eye condition I have is pretty unknown. I hate being vain but genuinely they really liked me because I followed every rule and was always polite. Shame they couldn't make an exception though. Nevermind, life goes on (I just really hope i haven't fucked up my chances for uni)
>>
File: 1498875484373.jpg (981KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1498875484373.jpg
981KB, 4032x3024px
>>38108614
this is more then just a website

this is a portal
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.