[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are men playing video games all day?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

Why are men playing video games all day?
>>
It's fun. Sometimes I like to take a break though.
>>
>>38108591
>still slakes our thirst for competition
>easy to get a game going with the internet as opposed to going to the park and waiting for a pickup game
>women are insufferable
>normies are insufferable

There are a few reasons.
>>
>>38108671
Why did you being up "normies" and women? Don't you play games because they are fun?
>>
because entertaining the boring ones i.e. women is annoying
>>
>>38108735
My first reason was basically "fun". Competing is the fun part: Whether it be AI, another person, or myself.

I don't like the games where I can't lose.
>>
real life:
>no rewards for trying unless you're in the top 0.001%
>cheating by having influential contacts and other external uncontrollable unfair means is widely accepted and commonplace
>women are shitty entitled feminist misandrist used goods, in bad shape, just generally unpleasant to associate with
video games:
>proper rewards according to the effort you put in
>any means of cheating are readily banned
>you can create your own cute waifu and roleplay the kind of true romance unavailable to the contemporary average man
>>
>>38108591
Maybe the game characters dialog, quests, and game mechanics are more fun than real life.
>>
>>38108738
See
>>38108735

>>38108795
I like good Stories. I've recently started playing Kingdom Hearts, it's childish but I really like it. Also Dissidia Final Fantasy. I used to love it when I was younger.
>>
>>38108591
>Why are men playing video games all day?
I'm on break, is a nigga not allowed to indulge in vidya?
fuck out of here.
>>
>>38108591

Nothing to do. No work, no gf, nothing else to do. Might as well entertain myself.
>>
To distract from my awful life. It works okay sometimes
>>
Males are haunted by a need to achieve. Video games are fun, but one of the reasons men go to them is because they offer somewhat hard to achieve surrogate goals. Hard day? Easy mode, feel accomplished despite not creating something physical.

Not a bad thing IMO, anything that offers relief from innate instinctual behaviors is a positive.
>>
>>38108591
Work and Wife aren't worth it anymore, too much baggage and taxation, better off jerking it everyday and playing videogames.
>>
>>38108826
I find the best stories in games are the one I create myself.

>Crusader Kings 2
>Mount and Blade: Warband
>>
Instant gratification
>>
>>38108591

Women too.

Uu
>>
>>38108936

There is not a statistically significant demographic of 20-something women living at home and never leaving their gaming computer or PS 4
>>
Gratification. You can achieve in games what you cannot in real life. or if you enjoy a good story and don't like reading a book kek
>>
What do you expect a bunch of socially inept, underemployed/NEET, isolated men are going to do? It's probably for the better, because if video games didn't exist we'd probably see an increase in petty crime and sexual predators.
>>
>>38108591
I'm a music major who performs and practices at a professional level and play in a professional orchestra as a graduate student - CS:GO is like practicing music, but actually fun and rewards you for dedicated practice at a much quicker rate than the shit I do every day. I can practice the Weber bassoon concerto's 16th note runs for 2 hours with a metronome and see maybe a sliver of difference the next day, but if I hop on CS and play ESEA for 2 hours after warming up in a Boomeo server I can really see the improvement happen before my eyes. It's really engaging and I love how the game feels.
>>
>>38108850
pretty much what this anon said
achieving goals step by step plus competition
>>
>>38109222
>implying normies don't play vidya
trips of brainlet faggotry
>>
>>38109222
>socially inept
hold my own perfectly well in any situation
>underemployed/NEET
worked some tough jobs, but women were nowhere to be found, maybe in some trivial positions
It's all a choice, more than anything. Young men go out, taste the world, it's boring, go back to playing games. Not counting the prettyboy fucktoys that have it easy or the natural alphas ofc
>>
>>38108591
the real world has objectively become shittier for most people while games have become deeper, bigger, better, more immersive, and there's a lot more of them
>>
>>38108591
Because my life is boring and meaningless and im too scared to take actual risks. Video games and jerking off are satisfying enough and easy to do.
>>
File: 1726348713274o12983.jpg (6KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
1726348713274o12983.jpg
6KB, 299x168px
>>38109407
Why would I mention the normies who play? That's not who the OP is referring to. He was asking about guys who play all day every day. The people who do that are obviously not normies.

>>38109418
>hold my own perfectly well in any situation
>worked some tough jobs

Good for you, but those stereotypes exist for a reason. They didn't come out of a vacuum. A noticeable segment of guys who play video games look like a variation of pic related.
>>
I'd wish I was good enough to be a competitive gamer at a level at which you could earn money.
>>
File: 1498658935440.png (74KB, 541x566px) Image search: [Google]
1498658935440.png
74KB, 541x566px
>>38109656
you'd be surprised famalam
half of my uni group talks about LoL and CS everyday
even Chads
it's a normie passtime these days
like a tv 20 years ago
>>
>>38109751
Not him but you got it all wrong
The normies use it more as a social experience, they don't care about the games themselves, after all, if they did, they wouldn't be playing the shit they do.
The thread is about people who don't socialize, who turn to games instead of living life
>>
>>38109789
perhaps
but back when i still played games
no normies did
it's different now
>>
>Look at a post here,
Posted 1 minute ago.
>Blink, and drink some water.
Posted 1 hour ago.

What is happening? Why is time moving so fast?
>>
>>38108978

It's almost like they are all out partying and hooking up with chads.
>>
>>38108591

it puts you in stasis for hours

I've done it when I had nothing else to do, was fat, had no friends, had rich parents who could afford such a vice...

I say it's mostly just because modern technology has come up with basically a pleasure device. Just turn it on and get pleasure.
>>
>>38109222
>It's probably for the better, because if video games didn't exist we'd probably see an increase in petty crime and sexual predators.

Honestly I would say that anyone in the group you described who would be criminals already are criminals. If anything you would just see an increase in the suicide rate if gaming didn't exist.
>>
its fun and i like doing it, I don't see why i cant sometimes play all day and sometimes work or do other shit
>>
Because video games are literally better than sex.
Cheaper too.
>>
>>38108591
I really hate losing. And real life is full of losing.
>>
>>38108591
Because unlike society, you have a guarantee

Reach a certain skill level and work hard and you will have the rewards
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.