[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to quit my job?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: clippy_suckle_cock.png (888KB, 799x781px) Image search: [Google]
clippy_suckle_cock.png
888KB, 799x781px
My job is starting to make me work on Saturday, which is my day off when I play D&D with my friends which I have been doing for years now. My parents don't seem to care whether I have a job or not and I had to argue with them for months to get them to let me get one. The problem is that I am one of their long-time employees and one of the few people that knows how to do half the shit there (even the manager who has worked there longer than me, didn't know how to do some of that shit). It's a small business though so they have trouble getting good employees and they are basically broke so they only pay barely above minimum wage. Now, my D&D group is one of the few things in the world that actually matters to me and so if this becomes consistent I am just going to quit the job, I barely make 150 a week and it all gets put into a savings account for a car I'm never going to buy. The problem is that I don't want the managers to hate me for ragequitting the job as I have been very loyal to them and put in effort because I actually like them and want them to make money (which they barely do despite working like 80 hours a week for the place). So I need a good excuse for why I am quitting. I can't say I found a new job because they will wonder why I didn't use them as a reference. I can't say I'm starting college again because those semesters don't start for another month. If I say anything like there's a death in the family, that will fall apart fast. But I'm too much of a pussified manchild to be honest with them, so if any of you have any ideas for good excuses for quitting I would love to hear them. Because I just imagine the conversation now:

>"I'm going to be leaving in two weeks"
>"Oh really to go where?"
>"Uh... uh....um"

I know I'm a piece of shit manchild for doing this but if you can get past that I'd love some advice.
>>
Say you need to focus on studies senpai
>>
>>38107929
>I am one of their long-time employees and one of the few people that knows how to do half the shit there
tell them either they give you free saturdays or you quit and they're free to do whatever the fuck they want when their business descends into chaos and ruin
>>
>>38107990
>tell them either they give you free saturdays or you quit
>"but anon what are you doing on saturdays that is so important"
>"um um well you see.... I'm....I'm...I...uh...I'm kinda doing something with friends"
>"oh. what is that"
>"dungeons and dragons"

They won't take that shit. Then they will think "wow that piece of shit ditched us and left us" and they'll never give me a good reference. Not to mention they'll think I'm a piece of shit (Which I am, but I am trying as best I can to conceal it from them)
>>38107973
this is what my parents suggested, I might go with this.
>>
File: madasfuckboomerdad.jpg (309KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
madasfuckboomerdad.jpg
309KB, 2000x1000px
>>38107929
"I didn't raise a quitter, anon. I'll be damned if you marched in there, spoke with the manager, and gave him a firm handshake for nothing. Now work. When I was your age, I was able to support an entire family on a factory job..."
>>
>>38108071
well I'd keep working there but I earn basically nothing so I feel like I'm better off quitting and finding something else.
>>
>>38108071
Thanks dad anon
>>
I think you are overestimating the problem here. You can quit anytime you like, and you don't even have to give a reason. As long as it is done in an orderly fashion with proper notice, it would be ridiculous for them to be angry at you for it. It is a contract between you and your boss remember. People quit for all kinds of reasons all the time, they got a better job, they want to move, they just want a change.

First thing, get out of the mindset that you are "ragequitting". They changed the terms of your agreement "working on saturdays". Just tell them the new arrangement wont work for you.

Listen OP, from what you describe it sounds like you hold most of the cards here. You tell us you are perfectly fine with walking away from the whole thing. You also say you are a valuable employee holding the thing together. This is the best possible position for negotiations. Just tell them you got a regular social activity with friends on saturdays that are personally ipmortant to you. No need to be mad if you don't really need the job.
>>
>>38108971
cont.
If you just go up to them form nowhere and says you will be quitting, they won't ask you "to go where?", they will probably ask you "why".

So you answer "because working on saturdays don't work for me because of longtime social activities, and I don't really need the job"

Just gather up a sliver of confidence OP, it will be easier than you are afraid of. And don't be ashamed of hanging with your friends, as you said it is one of the few things in the world that matters to you. If you really mean that, now is the time to stand for it.
>>
OP sounds like he has a retail job mindset, where the emotionally disturbed retail managers basically abuse young and/or stupid people because they think that's how it's supposed to be done.

In the professional workplace there's always room for negotiation and it's understood that either party can terminate within two weeks. If you've been a solid employee for more than a year it would be a huge snub if they're not willing to give you a reference.

How can you make 150 a week working 40-80 hours a week? What's your job, wiping dicks at the urinal?
>>
>>38109156
I only work 20 hours a week. So it's complete shit. The schedule changes every week, we have to drive company vehicles places for events, I am basically the manager, I work alone for 8/hour.

>>38108971
>They changed the terms of your agreement "working on saturdays". Just tell them the new arrangement wont work for you.

Problem is, when I was hired I was told to be available for weekends. I've just been lucky so far.
>>
>>38109116
>"because working on saturdays don't work for me because of longtime social activities, and I don't really need the job"

I'm worried they will read me the riot act, though. They already spent like 2 hours trying to convince one girl to stay (admittedly the faggot in the same plaza keeps stealing our employees by offering 1 extra dollar per hour, I don't know why, he also sexually harasses his employees)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.