[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you ever bring up 4chan in conversation?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: shanghai.jpg (59KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
shanghai.jpg
59KB, 640x426px
Like if someones talking about memes or degenerate sites like imgur and reddit. Do you ever hint or say you go on 4chan?
If no, why?
If yes, why?

>Inb4 i dont want normies flooding this site.
Its not like theyre going to stay when you tell a normie on here. They wont understand it or care enough to try and desensitize themselves for the content.
>>
File: flyBear.jpg (498KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
flyBear.jpg
498KB, 1080x1920px
>>38106275
>talking about memes or degenerate sites
this is revealing the power level
>>
>>38106338
impressive power levels right here
>>
I told my mom once when I was like 12 and she thought it was some programmer thing my sister mentioned (fourtran)

I talk to my friends about 4chan like a year ago when I still had friends
>>
>>38106590
Before i really went on 4chan consistently i asked my brother if he knows who moot is because that was around the time he left 4chan. He started going on about it. Last time i brought up 4chan and how i was on it he kinda gave me a disgusted/confused look. Idk what he thinks about this site now.. i thought he went on it a lot but i guess not.
>>
>>38106275
I mentioned it offhand when I was drunk and had a couple of friends visiting.
One asked, what do you do all day at home, and I said I spend a lot of time on /r9k/
doubt they even knew exactly what I was talking about because I didn't mention the site as a whole and I was kind of out of it
I think it's really cringy when people meme irl, so I wouldn't be comfortable talking about my internet activity normally and never really do
>>
I have 2 friends, one of which browses 4chan about as often as I do, we sometimes talk about a funny thread or browse ylyl threads together, it's pretty fun
>>
>>38106802
Same. Are you, (me) friend?
>>
File: 67663.gif (266KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
67663.gif
266KB, 500x281px
>>38106275
>in conversation?
with who? myself?
>>
>>38106275
No, not unless someone mentions it first.
Same with video games, and these two things are pretty much all I do.
>>
>>38106845
Yea its pretty hard to reference something about a meme on here. Mostly because the memes are a lot more abstract than facebook memes. It requires some culture and autism.
>>
>>38106275
If I ever bring it up I refer to 4chan as "a forum" or "I saw a story/convo/article on the internet"

I used to do this because I didnt feel like explaining what 4chan was (I once tried to explain it to my sociology class and afterwards they thought I was into bestiality)
I still do so now because normies know what 4chan is and I cant talk about this place for too long without dying a little
>>
Yes, but only to my two online friends. They do not browse but they like to hear about the going-ons
>>
>>38106275

All of my friends know about it and know I come here (not r9k specifically, just 4chan). None of us are annoying memesters, especially not irl. I get along better, temperamentally, with people who can understand the nature of a site like 4chan
>>
File: 1486074094511.jpg (60KB, 760x540px) Image search: [Google]
1486074094511.jpg
60KB, 760x540px
>>38106275
>Do any of you ever bring up 4chan in conversation?
I don't usually have conversations with people irl, but I would never do that. And, above all, I would never tell anyone that I browse /r9k/.
I once heard a plebbit-tier normalfag say he browses 4chan. I hope he doesn't browse this board, because that would be disgusting.
>>
>>38106869
Sorry, I deleted my post because my Google account linked to it somehow and I don't want to be a namefag.
>>
>>38106948
Its all good Matt
>>
>>38106890
>I still do so now because normies know what 4chan is
I often worry that if I mention 4chan to people they will start spouting memes at me every time they see me.
>>
>>38106911
This, I've been on 4chan for over ten years now and I can't really communicate like normies do. Small things like being nice just feels weird, it's not exactly common around here. Other things like how I joke about niggers and jews and use 'autist' as an insult doesn't reslly mix with people who doesn't know 4chan.
>>
I talk to my brother about 4chan all the time, he watches me go on it. I'm 22 and work partime and still live at home, he's technically old enough to browse this site now but he insists on going on Reddit instead. He HATES 4chan so I tell him about it as much as possible.
>>
>>38107719
I tried getting my brother on 4chan before. I think he went on /m/ a few times but he doesn't frequent it. Could've been cool though. Not only would we be able to make 4chan-jokes, but I would also know somebody who browses /m/.
>>
When I'm drunk and people ask me what I do all day, I sometimes mention it. "Oh, that racist site with all the bronies and pedophiles?" is usually something like the response. I would never mention it if not under the influence of something.
Met another anon here and we've become really good friends irl, we have each other, so there's that.
>>
>>38106996
His name is Garrick Clark lel
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.