[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Something happened recently that made it finally dawn on me:

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: peterson.jpg (102KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
peterson.jpg
102KB, 1024x683px
Something happened recently that made it finally dawn on me:

I'll never fit in anywhere.

Not with the cool kids.

Not with the nerds.

Not with the SJWs.

Not with the alt-right.

Not with the gamers.

Not with the robots.

Not with anyone.

I can try to dignify this with 'individualism' all I want, but the fact is, I'm just not cut out for belonging to a group.

I'll be here in the shadows, unnoticed, forever and forever, and I'll keep going, because god knows what else I'm supposed to do.

I guess I'll be happy if at the end of it all I can say, "I saw them all, I survived them all."
>>
I think that's a good thing. If you don't belong in a group, a stereotype, that makes you unpredictable, which in turn can be used in a position of power.
You get to mold what you are in the eyes of the people.
But remember, being an "outcast" or "a loser" is a group as well.
>>
>>38105676
>tfw don't fit in with the outcasts either

I think it's good that we have more insight that "inside" people wouldn't see, but it hurts so bad. I'll never even have a friend group. The few I've had in my life always stop liking me after a few months or a year.
>>
Same with most of us, even if we don't realize it yet.
But at the very least, we won't buy in to tribalistic bullshit like so many other people.

Me, i don't like most people. Even the people i do like, i always kind of search for things that are wrong with them, then i get annoyed by that every time i see that characteristic show up, and i can't help it.

Best you can do is try just to do what makes you happy and not worry too much about others, even if it's hard
>>
Nice R*ddit spacing bro.

I think I've found one place you can belong.

It's a site called R*ddit.com

You can find free thinkers like yourself there

Come join us!!
>>
>>38105551
it sounds like you don't completely understand group dynamics

every group has a few "dominant" roles and many passive. The passive can be filled by everyone, but also it is comprised of failed challengers for the dominant roles. The dominants are the people whose taste and opinions and, by default, the overall direction of the group is determined by. The traits that decide dominants cannot be learned, this doesn't mean the dominants are "alpha," it just means that their presence is more of a hub, or guiding light, for the passive traits of the rest

outcasts are mostly people who required dominance to function, but were either too stubborn or ignorant of dynamics to "play the tambourine" in the group. You could probably be a good b-llist member of any group by suppressing your desires to dominate and keeping your opinions to yourself, but you either can't do it or don't want to

it's your life, do what you want, but don't say you don't belong, there is always room in the backseat, you just want to drive
>>
>>38105909
>it's your life, do what you want, but don't say you don't belong, there is always room in the backseat, you just want to drive

I don't consider suppressing opinions to fit in a realistic option. It's kind of like being a non-person in a way, like quitting at level one. All this life shit starts when you have values that you take seriously and would, if really backed into a corner, fight and die for. The 'backseat' you speak of sounds kinda like being a 'nothing,' empty space that's just wearing a person suit.

I may not be a 1,000,000 but at least I can say I'm a 1.
>>
File: 1484252650170.jpg (93KB, 588x473px) Image search: [Google]
1484252650170.jpg
93KB, 588x473px
>too "cool" and chad looking for the betas/nerds
>too beta/shy/introverted to hang with the chads
>>
>>38106285
that was the point of the argument, maybe one doesn't belong because they don't realize that most of those who do belong are playing a passive role. So this person is unwilling or unable to play a passive role i.e. belonging isn't always a good thing, but some people are willing to alter their character to do it
>>
it isn't all bad. For instance, one can reap the benefits, if any, of the group by willingly playing a passive role. It will be work to go against their nature, but you must decide if the possible "good" gained from this outweighs the "bad" of denying your individual qualities

this is a third factor I didn't speak of in the original post
>>
>>38106415
This. People don't really "fit in", they mould their behaviour to that of the group. They're all fake except the group leaders. Most either don't realise or are fine with it
>>
>>38106588
you see this repeated often on /r9k/

>"cut your hair and dress nice"
>"lift"
>"just do a ,b, and x"

this is a dog whistle for "listen, nobody is gonna follow you or give a shit about your tastes and opinions. Your best bet at this point is to act like those that people are naturally attracted to. Do this, and surely you will receive some of the scraps."

so your best bet is to literally "bee urself" or be someone perceived as more worthy than yourself and enjoy a small portion of the fruits
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.