[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people think that people who are shy or struggle with

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: afterschool tea time.png (567KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
afterschool tea time.png
567KB, 800x450px
Why do people think that people who are shy or struggle with social anxiety never want to show interests in social interaction or wanting to appear normal?

>Anon, if you're scared of social interaction then don't work in a job that forces to socialize
>Whoa, Anon. You attend anime conventions and cosplay? I thought you had social anxiety and don't like any kind of attention
>Anon, if you're so shy why do you dress like a slut?

Even if you're a robot there are times you are going to be obligated to attend a social event, party, or placed outside your comfort zone (having to work fast food/retail/office because you need money). Or you attend college/university and it's pretty much a 4-year internship to whatever job you're trying to get and you're going out getting work experience and networking.
>>
>>38103597
Social intereraction is not that hard, you just need practice, it's like an rpg, you can't expect to kill dragons in level 1
If you make an effort of gaining experience you'll see it will become second nature.
>>
File: 1494652707931.jpg (65KB, 530x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494652707931.jpg
65KB, 530x600px
>>38103597
>>38103632
>is another case of op is a self-diagnosed faggot
>armchair psychologist normie thinks he can cure social anxiety by shitposting edition
>>
>>38103597
if ou are introvertde/ shy dont give aa shit about what other people say, they will judge you anyway
For me its easy because people dont question my actitudes at all, and even when they do i act as if i dont care and they stop bothering me pretty quickly
I know its my owb fault being like this, but i guess i would also like to be treated like a normie from time to time desu
Even introverts like to have social interaction sometimes..
>>
>>38103814
>Even introverts like to have social interaction sometimes.
Aren't those just ambiverts?
>>
File: thought collapse.gif (469KB, 512x807px) Image search: [Google]
thought collapse.gif
469KB, 512x807px
>Anon, if you're so shy why do you dress like a slut?
>>
>>38103597
I push my comfort zone repeatedly, but it's so easy to lose progress. Socially I do well while in school, but I revert completely to pathetic self-hatred when given the opportunity.
>>
>>38103685
Social anxiety is code word for I'm a cock sucking faggot, get yourself out there Jesus, babies learn to talk in a few years, we have grown men here that can't.
>>
>>38103852
Does that even exist?
First time i hear that desu,
And what i mean for social interaction(at least for me) is spending some time with my pals, not going to parties or something like that, just like being with my buddys...
Im basically 99% doing my thibgs alone and i enjoy that desu, but i guess as a human you cant avoid contact with other people at all
>>
>>38103979
Yes, it's exactly as you described. You like to socialize (extrovert) but you also enjoy your alone time (introvert). An ambivert is a combination of those two traits.
>>
Being an introvert doesn't mean you're not sociable or hate social interaction. It just means that crowds and socializing drain you of your energy .
>>
>>38103597
>want
and
>obligated
are two very different things. I'd rather not socialize at all, but I don't have the option of not doing it. Normally, shy people want to avoid being the center of attention, if you have social anxiety, you're not gonna put on the sluttiest cosplay you can find. Sure, there can be exceptions, but it's obviously not typical, or wouldn't be typical, if people (read:women) didn't abuse these labels for special snowflake points.
>>
File: 00093what.jpg (57KB, 482x549px) Image search: [Google]
00093what.jpg
57KB, 482x549px
Because I never do. I don't even like being around my family, it's too stressful.
>>
>>38104022
I guess you are right,but desu my shyness doesnt allow me socialializing with people at all so thats one of the reasons im alone almots all the time
>>
>>38103597
I'm socially anxious myself and I've never done anything to draw attention on me. I despise it. My mind shuts down completely when I'm in those situations.
Yours sounds more like meme anxiety, something you can fix by exposing yourself to the normal world.
>attending anime conventions
Fucking nope. That's not something a socially anxious person would even think about doing.
>>
>>38104320
I have been to events 3 times, they were just vidya (mostly nintendo)
One was around 15 guys in a house and the other two time a bit bigger in a convention center but nothing super big or oficial
I haf no problems because went with my 2 friendos and people there were chill and nice, its simpler than you migjt think because thyeyi all have similar interests so nobody will judge you at all...
But i guess it was a lot easier because i was there with my friends, i probly wouldnt have gone alone...
>>
>>38104320

Conventions aren't too bad since you're with like-minded people. You'd be less embarrassed about liking anime or videogames or anything "geek". As long as you put effort into your cosplay and make up you're better off than most of the other cosplayers at the con. A lot of con goers don't even cosplay. Everyone is super busy among themselves so there's hardly any bullying or harassment.
>>
>thinly veiled fembot thread

either post your fucking cosplay or get the shit out
>>
Jobs can only help your social skills so much. Socializing in a work environment is not the same as at a party. Still won't help talking with girls either.
>>
>>38103597
I am an introvert, but I am extremely talkative around the right people

Like I remember in high school I was very quit and first, but I eventually found a handful of friends
>>
>>38106072
This is it for me.

Particularly because im a pisces and were normally like this. We exert the feelings and emotions of others around us. So if im around very extroverted people i will be able to do it too.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.