[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"People aren't supposed to be monogamous."

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 5

File: 1199840096714.jpg (53KB, 495x800px) Image search: [Google]
1199840096714.jpg
53KB, 495x800px
Every person I've ever heard say that has been a guy.

What's your excuse?
>>
>>38095842
This is shit chads and women say
fuck off
>>
File: 311.jpg (984KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
311.jpg
984KB, 1000x1500px
>>38095842

Excuse for what? Huh? What? I don't understand. I'm having quite a bit of trouble, I'm afraid. No but really, your post is rather confusing. What i mean to say is that, if you'll let me be frank, I don't think I'm getting what you're trying to convey here. If one were to describe my expression right now, it would be one of bemusement, your original post being the source of my perplexed visage. That's not to say that you are incompetent, in fact maybe I'm the one with a deficiency in the comprehension department, but I would be grateful if you would clarify what your intent was with the phrase "What's your excuse?". I'm sorry if this is confusing, but I want to make sure to convey my lack of understanding as to what you were conveying in your post, and to implore to you, Original Poster, to convey what you intended to convey originally, but conveyed in a manner that would be easy for me to understand, a 'conveyance of what was conveyed, but conveyed more clearly than the original conveyance' so to speak.
>>
>>38095842
I don't live in a Ecchi Harem Anime. Therefore this would not apply to me.
>>
>>38095842
It's this kind of thing that makes me wish I was a lesbian. Men are the worst.
>>
>>38095842
People are supposed to settle down and raise a family

"Supposed to" meaning biological inclinations. Doesn't mean it's a good idea.
>>
people are supposed to be monogamous. it is literally the natural state. prehistoric women would find a prehistoric provider man who would take care of them for as long as he was able to.

only retards don't understand this.
>>
>>38095842
Trash people say things that they think you want to hear.
Most people are trash people.
You've probably heard very few unbiased and genuine opinions on the natural order of relationships between the sexes.
>>
>>38096900
Harem MCs get no pussy at all.
>>
>>38096946
Citation, fagetface.
>>
>>38097749
Being surrounded by 2d waifus is better desu.
>>
>>38095842
I've heard sluts and feminists say it too
>>
>>38097832
This the part where I ask you how you raise the children from your serial monogamy spree.
>>
File: 1496584140320.jpg (100KB, 400x335px) Image search: [Google]
1496584140320.jpg
100KB, 400x335px
>>38096912
I can wholeheartedly recommend it.
>>
>>38097948

I'm not having children.
>>
>>38098064
Then why would you stick your dick in wimmin retard? That's how babies are made.
>>
All women are originally roastie whores.
>>
>>38095842
It only takes one shitty relationship before you start thinking like this. It's because women have a harder time controlling themselves than we do.

Men might want to fuck every single girl they see passing by but I think most guys control that very well and hide it as an expression of love. Women aren't like that. They always want to move up and get ahead and you always have to worry about how they're getting talked at by every guy and most women give into the flattery and talk back.

If you're not a cuck you'll expect that she doesn't have "guy friends" but third wave feminism has made that out as being creepy and tyrannical so once she starts acting that way you really have no choice but to dump her and try again with a different roast. But it's always the same because women can't comprehend permanent commitments and that's why they always file for divorce.
>>
>>38098093

Fun nigga. Also just enjoying the company of woman and all that shit.
>>
>>38096946
In ancient times a king would have dozens of partners while people like you and I were in slavery
>>
>>38098212
I think having kids is more fun. Also having a family to keep you company is better.

You should rethink your plan.
>>
>>38098240

this, its really only beneficial to woman and the poor man who can't attract multiple woman or afford to raise a lot of kids. if resources are abundant you can have as many wives as you want.
>>
>>38098240
Typically done to beat infant mortality. Kings often came into power late in life and had to really work hard on smashing out a decent heir or two to keep the dynasty going before they died to shitty illnesses.

Every king had a best girl and a lot of shit girls.
>>
>>38098265

No. I wouldn't bring an innocent child into this crazy ass chaotic world for fun, that's selfish as fuck, though I can see where you're getting at, it could be quite the fulfilling experience, but I'd rather adopt than add to existential suffering for my own personal gain.
>>
>>38098345
Life is suffering in pursuit of happiness senpai. All you can do is sink more people in and pray someone is born with the gifts to elevate everyone else.

We've made a lot of progress in that regard in the past few hundred years relative to the past 30,000 of human existence. Arguably there is no better time to have a child than now.
>>
>>38096912
You youest you that was ever you'd
>>
They're right, anon. Now, that doesn't mean monogamy isn't a good thing. Monogamy is THE BEST thing that we as a society have done. But it is unnatural, and a shit we made up purely because we're not dying like flies anymore. And Chilbirth no longer is a 50/50 shot on both the survival of the kid and the survival of your wife. Monogamy is only possible now, and it's wonderful.

If you need to pretend it's "natural" to be monogamous you're a retard, not a man of virtue, anon.
>>
>>38098416

>All you can do is sink more people in and pray someone is born with the gifts to elevate everyone else.

But you don't have to bring them from the void to do that. Having children is not a virtue in of itself, its properly raising and guiding them, in my opinion its better to focus on being the elevator for other people and helping others than to force someone to confront the horrors of existence.

>Arguably there is no better time to have a child than now.

That doesn't matter. Sure, in a material sense the world is safer and more prosperous than ever, but people are still miserable and killing themselves despite the great strides we have made, the very prosperity that our ancestors fought and died for has made us lazy, weak, and sick. The scariest thing about life isn't the outer chaos, but the inner chaos of the soul that can't be remedied with nice toys and abundant resources. Inner peace isn't something that can just be passed down like money or a home, and I just feel too bad for those who will never achieve that to force anyone to have find that for themselves, because the price of failure is too great.
>>
>>38098593
Inner peace is exactly what you shouldn't have. You're clearly above average because you're able to articulate your thoughts so well but I disagree.

Here's what I think.
The more unhappy someone is, the more motivation they have to change their environment. I just finished Caves of Steel, and besides wanting to look up some discussions of the plausibility of Jessies character, what I took away was that agitation is necessary for change.
Happiness is stagnation.
The fact that you view life as dissatisfactory is a sign that you can be an agent for positive change.

Is being ignorant and satisfied virtuous or ideal? It is not.

And if you're this well equipped to solve the world's ills, this much further from the mean, any offspring you may have will be moreso equipped.

I think wanting to avoid having children because they will be unhappy is a massive error. Unhappiness in life is inevitable. You should want that they will overcome it. And you as a significantly more intelligent than average individual are more qualified than most to make those children. We won't advance otherwise.
>>
>>38096946
Except this is false. Until the neolithic revolution, humans would just fuck around indiscriminately. Women belonged to the tribe and nobody cared which kid was whose.
As tribes settled down, formed villages and developed the idea of private property, men started to care about paternity and to treat women as property. That's how monogamy developed.

Read more history books so you can at least write good bait.
>>
>>38098093
Inferior species confirmed. Go get raped by a dolphin or something.
>>
>>38099173
I'm sorry I don't quite follow.
>>
>>38099160
you're full of shit, sorry
>>
>>38098563
It's not monogamous. Prairie voles and foxes and penguins and a ton of other animals are monogamous. It's all controlled by genes relating to oxytocin and vasopressin.
>>
>>38099240
>muh genes
yawn
>>
>>38098934

>The more unhappy someone is, the more motivation they have to change their environment. I just finished Caves of Steel, and besides wanting to look up some discussions of the plausibility of Jessies character, what I took away was that agitation is necessary for change.

That's what makes life so absurd though. Everything that we do is to combat suffering, yet we need suffering, its an endless cycle where goo things lead to bad and vice versa. You win a million dollars then you die from drug overdose because you have too much money and drugs at your disposal. A man gets killed and luckily you get the job that he had because of it ending along string of unemployment, then you die on the way to work one day in a car crash.

>I think wanting to avoid having children because they will be unhappy is a massive error. Unhappiness in life is inevitable. You should want that they will overcome it.

Of course, but I could never guarantee that they will overcome it, and even if I did, what about their offspring and so on? My son could be a doctor and healer while his daughter ends up in a rape/torture dungeon for life cursing her very existence. Life is just too cruel to leave things up to fate, and I can't just wipe my hands clean of their suffering when I'm directly responsible for bringing them here.

>And you as a significantly more intelligent than average individual are more qualified than most to make those children. We won't advance otherwise.

lol yeah that's unfortunate, the people who don't give a fuck have a ton of babies while the more intelligent ones tend to be more careful and reproduce less, but trying to out breed the idiots doesn't seem like a good strategy, quality over quantity and all that.
>>
>>38099440
Suffering isn't even real. Relax and stop being a pussy
>>
>>38099626

>Suffering isn't even real. Relax and stop being a pussy

Its not about me, yeah I can stop being a pussy and realize suffering is an illusion of the ego, but I can never give that understanding to someone. Its easy for us to say because we've learned how to deal with it, but some people never reach that point and just live miserable lives through and through.
>>
>>38099757
It's a very simple concept to teach someone and if they can't grasp it then they only delude themselves. Why would you feel bad for someone essentially choosing the fake suffering illusion when they don't have to? Doesn't make sense
>>
>>38095842
Supposed to by what metric? It seems to me that monogamy is just a better system for civilized society regardless.
>>
I think some people are and some aren't for whatever reason, but I no longer romanticize sexual attraction or love. They are chemicals, like drugs, they serve to disillusion you into seeing something that isn't there. They make you hallucinate and hurt yourself. I'm not against relationships by any means, but know when to end it and NEVER invest yourself 100% or get married. Never ever.
>>
>>38099875
"redpilled" teenage """"wisdom""" I'll pass on it. thanks though
>>
>>38099792

Probably because I'm still struggling with it myself. I was the worst kind of beta male, just imagining passing those feelings and insecurities down to someone else makes me sick, yet had I'd never experienced that I probably wouldn't give reproducing a second thought, in fact had things been different I'd have kids right now. I feel so much empathy for the losers of the world because I was there, and even then I was one of the lucky ones, so I feel like its irresponsible for me to have children without getting a better grip on what's going on in the world and how to deal with.

I feel like I could never reach of point of thinking its okay for me to reproduce, but you never know, I might just be too far in the darkness to see that as a viable option.
>>
>>38098416
>All you can do is sink more people in and pray someone is born with the gifts to elevate everyone else.

Yea 7b people and a rapidly growing population and all it's doing is fueling the fire. These people will need antibiotics over the entire course of their lives, have no access to potable water, decent education, their dollars will be worthless, and your idea is to keep throwing babies at the problem? You're a perfect example of dysgenics at work.
>>
>>38099894
Your loss moron. I've probably got a lot more experience under my belt regarding this than you.
>>
>>38099944
not something to brag about when you've reached such juvenile conclusions despite your "experience". get at me when you're older
>>
>>38099904
Your conclusion of not wanting kids is right, but for your reason for it is wrong. You shouldn't want kids because they are obstacles to enlightenment, not because they might grow up to be losers
>>
>>38099626
This is a normie trying to further his political ideology, which is so weak, mind you, that it requires hypothetical unborn children to succeed. If you want kids, cool. That's not a "good" reason but of course everything is subjective.
>>
>>38095842
The only people I've heard say things like this have been women or fuckboys.
>>
Either slutty women or slutty men say it. No one of value believes that.
>>
>>38099924
>7b (((people)))
Last I checked there was only like 1b whites
>>
>>38099996
>I'm right because I allied you juvenile
Not that guy but come on. I am interested in what the proper take on the situation is, even though I've never been in a relationship.
>>
>>38100066
Ooooh, sick one /pol/bro! Shadilay! xD
>>
>>38099875
Any relationship with any person can potentially result in harm, any time you trust a person and let then in you are opening yourself up to be hurt. This doesn't just apply to romantic relationships like marriage and shit, it applies to every person you ever interact with.
>>
>>38100081
if you're taken in by that sort of cliche crap espoused by every teenager from a single mother family then go right ahead I can stop you nor him from being suckers and intellectual children. have fun
>>
>>38100066
WOAH EBIN JOKE BRO!! X D I GET IT!! UPBOATED!
>>
>>38100034
>not because they might grow up to be losers

that's a pretty good damn reason. You must not be a robot, its hell
>>
>>38100044
If everything is subjective then that would make that statement objectively true which contradicts itself. I don't think that guy is a normie
>>
>>38100130
Heaven or hell is in your mind and under your control. If you're suffering it's because you want to suffer and for no other reason
>>
>>38100142
No, because it's validity is subject. You believe or not, but I am so the opposite so it is subjective. It may be objective to you but still subject to subjectiveness

What I'm really getting at is that importance is subjective and only what you care about matters to you. He is a normie because he is spouting breeder memes, and anyone who has kids is a normie or at least a failed normie.
>>
>>38100128
>>38100113
#triggered
Amirite guise? XD
>>
>>38100182
The concept of subjectiveness is an objective fact at that point, which makes everything being subjective contradictory since there would be at least one objective fact which is subjectiveness

Failed normie is a possibility. Aspiring normie perhaps, since as he said if he was never a loser he'd have kids right now
>>
>>38100123
Calm down pal. I'm not taken by anything. I'm a social recluse so my opinion doesn't matter. I usually see people say relationships are because of chemicals making it feel good.

The only other take I've seen on it boils down to "have kids to save the white race"
>>
>>38095842
idk man I've never seen a sane guy who would willingly let other people have sex with his partner.

it's just an excuse to fuck around and cheat
>>
>>38100224
True, I guess, except that you cant prove subjectivity exists objectively. You can say objectivity exists subjectively and I would agree. It's more like subjectivity is the default state and you have to show otherwise
>>
>>38100231
Like I said if you're taken in by that sort of pseudo science that's spouted by teenagers that read one wiki page and one reddit thread then go nuts man. You don't have to justify yourself to me
>>
You've heard lots of guys say that shit because guys are naturally promisquous and loose. In the same way that women tend towards hypergamy, men naturally tend towards promiscuity.
>>
Women can go for chad, but any woman who isn't monogamous is trash tier.
>>
>>38100159

Now we're back to square one. If curing robotism was a simple as telling someone "its all in your head' this board would be very a very different place.
>>
>>38100273
Well, like I said, I'm not taken by it. Im merely interested in alternative viewpoints to add to my collection. I have seen people disregard relationships because they think it's all chemical, and I've seen people exist solely to further their lineage.

If you differ, I would like to know what your take on it is.
>>
>>38100273

He has a point though, just because its not the only possible outcome doesn't mean there isn't a lot of truth to what he says. A lot of men get burned because they invest themselves so much into a woman and trying to make a marriage work, and everyone who argues against it never offer any solutions or alternative but do it anyway, put your head in the pussy guillotine
>>
>>38100315
It is all in your head. It can't be anywhere else. And I can tell you that until I'm blue in the face and it wont help you if you don't make the connections yourself
>>
>>38100332
You literally are taken in. You've said as much. And if you've never come across that sort of babbys first point of view on women cliche then have fun man nothing else I can tell you. I don't know why you're justifying yourself to me continually I'm not your dad you do you
>>38100356
You're not really saying anything interesting
>>
>>38100359
>And I can tell you that until I'm blue in the face and it wont help you if you don't make the connections yourself

exactly , that's why I'm not having kids.
>>
>>38100356
Lots of women get burned doing this too.

Anyone can get burned when forming intimate interpersonal relationships, they are challenging and involve a lot of vulnerability and honesty that puts you in a position where you can easily be burned.
>>
>>38100404
Doesn't make sense why you failing to grasp something means ipso facto you wont have kids. I mean, it's kind of unrelated. You may as well be saying you wont be having kids because you like chocolate milk
>>
>>38100392
I have no stake in relationships as I'll never have one. I'm only interested in people's views on them. If you don't want to share, that's fine.

I personally think love shouldn't be discounted because it comes from chemical pleasure, but people shouldn't just go after and have kids with the first person they feel "love" for
>>
>>38095842
What would society be like if we weren't?

Single mothers absolutely everywhere.
>>
File: average lesbian daily life.webm (520KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
average lesbian daily life.webm
520KB, 600x338px
>>38096912
We all wish we were lesbians, anon. It's the purest form of love.
>>
>>38100408

But once I realized happiness comes from within, or at least that there are alternative paths you can take in life other than married with kids, taking that risk just seemed pointless. Which is why some of us don't plan on investing fully in those kinds or relationships.
>>
>>38100435
I thought you said you weren't taken in by that garbage yet here you are repeating it as fact. How many times do I have to say go nuts if you want to be a sucker?
>>
I believed in monogamy until I was 23. I've actually had a lot of issues with it prior to that, since I've always been a jealous guy. Had a big long disagreement with a girl I was with for four years because after all that time she tried to push the open relationship meme on me and I just wasn't going to have it. I wanted to prove to her monogamy works, it can work, if two people truly love each other.

But at the point I'm at I just don't see it. Every relationship goes terrible eventually. Those that don't divorce end up in bitter sexless relationships where both parties end up cheating on each other anyways. What's the point in lying to ourselves? I don't want to be one of those guys who's girlfriend/wife hasn't fucked him in years. I obviously can't rape her (I wouldn't want to anyways.) There's too many problems in relationships that genuinely can't be worked out. They can't be fixed, the only solution is to break up and move on.
>>
>>38100261
If objectivity only exists subjectively, then all there is is subjectivity. Every object it subjectively lays its eyes on, is just another subjectivity. If all of us have this subjectivity in us, so to speak, then the concept of subjectivity becomes objective once we raise it to the level of a concept. This super Subjectivity now sees all the individual subjectivities objectively, since this capital S Subjectivity is the thing which all the other subjectivities come from, making it an objective observer

Did I do it?
>>
>>38100547

In case it wasn't clear, I'm not arguing against monogamy in terms of exclusivity, I'm arguing against monogamy in terms of staying with one person for an extended period of time. I guess that's still technically monogamy, but I felt it was relevant to this thread. Being exclusive can work just fine for a few years.

But if you think you're going to have a happy, healthy relationship that adds more happiness to your life than it takes away with someone for longer than 5 years, you're pretty much living in lala land. Everyone fights, most people cheat, almost every relationship ends in a break up, everyone keeps secrets, everyone has flaws, nobody is immune to this shit. Don't get trapped in a sinking ship and drag out a zombie of a relationship for years longer than it's expiration date. Don't get attached.

We are all humans and nobody is immune to this. Don't fall for that Disney shit. Break up before it drives you to suicide and be single or find someone new.
>>
>>38100547
Shit person has a shit time because he's shit. Woooooow big surprise there pal
>>
>>38100598

What lead you to those conclusions? Are you just shit posting or are you here to actually promote discussion worth having/reading?
>>
>>38100584
>We are all humans and nobody is immune to this
Then fucking rise above. Be better than that.

Saying that lots of other people are shit is no excuse for being shit yourself. Monogamy works if you put a little fucking effort into it. If you can't be bothered then you don't deserve it.
>>
>>38100606
You said you were a jealous guy who can't get along with a single girl and then you say every relationship goes terrible. Hmm, gee I wonder why. It couldn't be because you being terrible is the common denominator or anything. Don't get me wrong, I guarantee the girl you were with was terrible too, since like attracts like, but just try to use a little bit of your brain here and see how maaaaybe this is a problem with you being shitty and less to do with monogamy as a whole
>>
I'm a girl and have said this for quite a while now. It made sense before condoms. And for all the religious folk.. I think?

I'd have no problem with a husband/bf who once in a while got with another girl. I wouldn't be ok with him being friends with any girl he slept with. And I wouldn't be out hooking up with random guys.. maybe when I was younger I would have but now I have no interest in casual sex.
>>
>>38100584

Read way of the superior man. We were never meant to make woman the center of our lives, they are only here to compliment it. The problem is that modern society gives woman complete control of the children, so if you have kids you're better off having a surrogate. In ancient times a woman could never take a child away from a man if he didn't allow it.

Man only needs a purpose and his kids, woman are a bonus that will come and go.
>>
tfw parents happily married 20+ years with no cheating

feelscomfyman
>>
>>38100653
this used to be the norm before deluded whores like >>38100635 got their hands on the pill and "liberated" themselves like the stupid short sighted cunts they are
>>
>>38100661
Weirdly enough, my mom is a feminist and has been for as long as I can remember. She was raised catholic and is pretty traditional despite her open-mindedness though so that is probably why she has kept grounded despite that shit
>>
Good people can be monogamous with other good people. If you don't think you can be monogamous you are shit or you are shit at selecting partners and make your choices based on superficialities.
>>
>>38100627

There's nothing wrong with feeling jealous. You're jumping to way too many conclusions. Feeling jealous does not equal being controlling or overbearing. There's a healthy, productive way to act upon negative feelings and being a mature adult is what allows us to pick our battles. Just because I feel jealous doesn't necessarily mean my girlfriend even knows about it, so long as I say nothing and don't act in a passive aggressive manner. Are you saying the sheer act of having a feeling that I can't control makes me a bad person?

>>38100624

Why are you assuming that I'm using myself as a prime example of why being with one person for life doesn't work? You're assuming things like "effort" will automatically yield good results. The cold hard truth is, there is a time to let go. When relationships get too difficult, too rocky, and lose all of the magic they once had it isn't time to hunker down, refuse to "give up" on the person, its time to go your separate ways and move on
>>
>>38100731
You only say jealous, but it's clear from these two posts and the fact you had constant disagreements with your girl that there's a loooot more bad qualities you aren't telling us about. You should probably have considered that you are a shit person instead of taking your one bad relationship and 23 years of sagely experience and declaring monogamy as "wrong" or "can't work" or whatever

Nah, most likely the problem is with you
>>
>>38100711

There is genuinely nothing "wrong" with not wanting to be monogamous. It's a different way someone wants to live their life. It might be what makes them happy and the way they want to proceed carrying about their circle of relationships with other people.

You don't have to like it, you don't have to agree with it, and you certainly don't ever have to fucking participate in a non monogamous relationship if you don't want to. But you need to get it out of your mind that it's objectively "wrong". It doesn't make you better than them, and it doesn't make them worse than you. That's the issue with this kind of thing. If that's how someone truly feels they want to live their life there's never going to be anything you can say to convince them otherwise.
>>
>>38100779
It is objectively wrong. Take your own advice and go be wrong if you want to then instead of trying to justify your shitty behavior, you dumb ass pig person
>>
>>38100766

I'm not taking the experience of my one bad relationship and extrapolating that onto the rest of my life. I'm taking the experience of two relationships I've had that both lasted multiple years, along with the relationships of my parents, my co-workers, my friends of both genders, etc. There's a very obvious trend within all of them. You can say it's anecdotal, but that only gets you so far. At a certain point it just seems to be caused by human behavior itself, and it's silly to believe these things happen "for no reason". Though, you can do your own research if you like.

It can work, I have a college professor who married his high school sweetheart and by the time they have both retired as very old people they both still love each other dearly and are happy together. Now, is that going to happen to most people? No. Half of the people out there? No. One in ten people? No. One in twenty? Probably not. It's probably not going to happen to you or me anon.
>>
>>38100813
>It is objectively wrong.

No. That's all based around the idea that a woman should be the center of your life, that if a woman isn't the center of your life forever you are wrong. That's disney shit bro.
>>
>>38100779
General happiness tends to correlate with a low number of partners and have an inverse relationship with a high number of partners for women, and I can't say I've even heard of anonymous accounts of open relationships working, let alone some good documented success rate.
People make bad choices through shortsightedness, then they try to justify them with nice, acceptable sounding slogans like "everyone's free to live their lives however they want". Yes, you can go and be a complete slut, but it has consequences both internal and external and they're really not worth it.
>>
>>38100834
Wow not one but TWO relationships and your shitty parents that raised a shitty child, and the shitty people you keep about you since you're too shitty to attract not-shitty people

You go girl. The problem is monogamy not you. Yeah, lemme know how that works out for you
>>
>>38100845
I didn't say anything about anyone being the center of anything, that's you strawmanning me. So not only are you trying to justify loose living, but you're also doing it in the least intellectually honest way possible. This conversation isn't going to go anywhere
>>
>>38100857

That mostly applies to woman. Men don't suffer from not being monogamous unless he is cheating.
>>
>>38100813

You misunderstand me. I don't have any problems with exclusivity. I actually prefer it. I wouldn't want to be in a relationship that doesn't have exclusivity.

I'm just reminding you that you can't tell yourself someone is objectively wrong if they want to be sexually or romantically involved with multiple people. As long as it's not done in secret and all the adults involved are okay with it, there's nothing wrong being done. Why are you so against that idea? Can you tell me why you feel otherwise?
>>
>>38100879
That's correct, but half-open relationships in favor of the man are very rare.
>>
>>38100881
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life
>>
>>38100779
I didn't even say anything is wrong with non-monogamy inherently. But if you claim that you just cannot do monogamy and think monogamous relationships are shit, that is a sign that you are shit.
>>
>>38100889
That's why men get mistresses instead
>>
>>38100858
>>38100902
>>38100857

Either you guys are not reading everything I am saying or it's unclear which posts in this thread are me and which ones aren't me. It seems like you guys are assuming I'm a female for whatever reason, I'm not. Also it seems you guys are assuming I condone cheating or slutting it up. I don't. I don't think monogamy works as in staying with one person for more than a few years. I'm not saying people should cheat on each other or be polyamorous. Hang on, the text limit is stopping me from properly replying to everyone who is arguing with me at once. Though, I'm not going to respond anymore to people who are just going to make assumptions about me and insult me, rather than attack my position or the things I'm saying. None of you know anything about me other than my age and gender and there's no reason to assume any of you are an authority on interpersonal relationships anymore than I am.
>>
>>38100638

I agree with you. I think that we are raised in a culture that makes us believe in Disney cartoon tier true love bullshit. Putting another human being in the center of your life is extremely unhealthy for the both of you. That's why people need to realize when it's time to let go and carry on alone. Too many people dig themselves into a relationship that makes every single day of their life worse and absolutely refuse to leave it because they feel like they are "in love". It's too common of a mistake people make.

>>38100857

I don't really think most open relationships work either. It sounds perfectly like to me to assume that on average they don't last nearly as long as monogamous relationships do because they could really only work equally for a top tier Chad that is able to actively pull multiple attractive women simultaneously. The reality is that most open relationships are one extremely hot girl forcing some poor sap into being into an open relationship with her.
>>
>>38098240
>tfw we were only given freedom because it increased efficiency to give us some choice.
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.