[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can social anxiety get worse?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: 1498560902539.jpg (28KB, 565x506px) Image search: [Google]
1498560902539.jpg
28KB, 565x506px
Can social anxiety get worse?
>>
reminder that the cure to social anxiety is to force yourself to engage in social situations
>>
>>38092423
I used to have anxiety attacks before I got on some meds, so I know it could be worse for me. If you mean progressively get worse over time, it probably can since my anxiety attacks were pretty minor (and undiagnosed) when I was young.
>>
>>38092453
>cant make eye contact
>almost get a panic attacker over voice-chat
>just go an engage in social situations
>>
>>38092423
Social anxiety is one of the worst things. Honestly anxiety is one of the worst diagnoses you can get, why people don't see that it's just as bad as most physical diagnoses I'll never know.
>>
>>38092423
>Can social anxiety get worse?
It can and I am proof
>>
>>38092423
It usually gets worse the longer you don't interact with people.
>>
File: I want off this fucking ride.jpg (17KB, 236x334px) Image search: [Google]
I want off this fucking ride.jpg
17KB, 236x334px
>Be me.
>Social anxiety ramping up since childhood.
>Get somewhat of a hang over it.
>Lose most emotional sensation in the meantime.
>Intrusive thoughts about how terrible I was and how I was a waste of life.
>Fight them.
>Build system of autonomous response as I reinforce my negative thoughts.
>Move out.
>Decide to improve myself.
>Peak over the fence at non depressed life.
>Eventually sink back down.
>Social anxiety almost constantly, with everyone.
>If I'm alone, it recalls memories.
>Spend entire day being stung with adrenaline.
>Figured I'd grow out of being anti-social, but starting to think that it's the way I'm supposed to be.
>Know that it's illogical, struggle against thoughts changing my perspective.
>Develop persona in order to shorten my chances at being stung.
>Still get stung a lot, despite acting polite, avoiding eye contact, and literally avoiding eye contact.
>Don't even flirt when flirted with.
>Stung enough times to think about human limitations.
>Think about how much free will I have.
>Realize that I likely have little.
>Purposefully celibate, hate sexual urges.
>Too worried about STD's.
>Confused sexually because I've built up so much frustration because of being stung around women so many times.
>Self isolation eventually leads to a lack of social skills.
>Question if I'm the problem, question why I'm still having this problem, question if I'm retarded.
>Question why I care if I've thought about the system and the lack of control I have.
>Feel like other people live in a different world than I do, feel like there must be something off.
>Beginning to realize that other people don't fulfill me.
>Only feel satisfied when thinking about grand concepts that give me a paradigm shift for a brief moment of relief.
>Feel controlled by advertisement agencies and manipulative media.
>Want to abandon all of society and be a hermit.
>Know I'll never feel free until I have nothing.
>>
>>38092490
>>just go an engage in social situations
yep, thats it
fight them to the deth!
>>
>>38092423
it's like a muscle
>>
>>38092490
You have to practice something to get better at it
>>
>>38092935
what if practicing makes it worse
>>
>>38092453
>b urself bruh just go and talk

you realize anxiety is as incapacitating as a major disease like cancer, migraines, stuff liek that. Gosh when will mental ilnesses be recognized as something more than "hey bruh u just hav th wrong mindset"
>>
>>38092973
that's only true for anal
>>
>>38092973
>what if practicing makes it worse

Then you are living in a different universe opposite of this one
>>
>>38092996
i had a job for a few years where i talked to people and i just kept getting more anxious until it became unbearable
>>
>>38092423
Anxiety is one of the most devastating disorders in terms of impact on the sufferer's quality of life, career outlooks and long term happiness. It's literally less ruinous to have schizophrenia. Your elaborate avoidance and coping strategies will make you willingly give up any chance at success and happiness in life in return for a modest and temporary reduction in your symptoms.
>>
>>38092973
Scared that your eyeballs will roll back in your head?
>>
OP, I am the living embodiment of social anxiety. I'm pretty much having social crisises and anxiety attacks as I walk around my campus. So yes, it can get much, much worse. Snowball effect.
>>
File: 1497239895885.jpg (196KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1497239895885.jpg
196KB, 900x900px
>>38093034
Panics attacks are no joke, Chest tightness on top feeling suffocated
>>
>>38093441
For real; I hate that feeling of not being able to take a deep enough breath.
>>
used to have a little bit of it, but i realized i didn't really give a shit what 95% of people think of me, so it went away.
narcissism is your friend arcanine.
>>
File: 1495235070929.png (111KB, 612x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495235070929.png
111KB, 612x720px
>>38092918
hello other me from somewhere else.
>>
File: 1498529320416.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1498529320416.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>38092910
>>38092907
I am so fucked and this is not even an original comment
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.