[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you NEETs do it?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: 1497374109146.jpg (73KB, 539x675px) Image search: [Google]
1497374109146.jpg
73KB, 539x675px
How do you NEETs manage to live without constantly thinking of offing yourselves?
I've been unemployed and out of school for three months now, and can't get a job anywhere, despite sending out over 100 applications. I've had maybe 5 interviews and no offers.
I feel like a massive burden and leech to my parents. I just sit around in their basement all day applying for shitty minimum wage jobs, reading, decaying, and wanting to blow my brains out.
>>
>>38092115
idk
/oragano
>>
Oh yeah, also, my father is starting to get angry at me over it and I'm worried about getting kicked out. He's a boomer who thinks you can just walk into any old place, give the manager a firm hand shake, ask when you can start, and then get hired. Thinks people can get a job without even having a high school diploma (I've got one).Always asking why I don't have a girlfriend and all that too.
>>
>>38092222
Get an injury and he'll be off your ass about it
>>
I thought of offing myself so much that I seriously attempted it

suddenly my parents were very accommodating. Funny that.
>>
>>38092250
more like IN my ass, if you get what I'm saying
>>
>>38092115

I think about it, but I'm just too afraid of death so I will continue to suffer until I die of natural causes.
>>
>>38092115
I think about offing myself all the time, but mostly because I get so fucking bored.

>HS
>College
>work
>mormon mission
>work
>college
>work
>NEETness sprinkled in segments throughout, up to 6mo. at a time

I'm always either stressed out of my mind, or bored out of my mind, or both. Nothing really entertains me anymore.
>>
>>38092222
If you have a car available to drive, then you can get a pizza/other food delivery job in a few days' work.

In a small town, they're desperate for drivers
In a big city, there are enough places that someone always needs one.

Similar rules apply for grocers to a lesser extent. They hire less often, but have similarly low bars.

These places are so desperate they hire high schoolers who can't work for more than 3 months at a time. They're begging for someone who can work day hours in the fall, and will gladly keep you over the summer if you can work.
>>
neets have unlimited amount of time to tend to their hobbies/interests/and anything else that comes to mind. learn a skill, a trade, a language, something.
>>
>>38092115
>everyone is one person
Can't tell if bait or if people are really this stupid.
>>
File: 1496889994428.jpg (118KB, 611x694px) Image search: [Google]
1496889994428.jpg
118KB, 611x694px
>>38092383
I'm trying to read western philosophy from the presocratics to Nietzsche. I've only gone through the pre-socratics, sophists, and Plato so far though.
>>38092393
"NEETs" Doesn't imply some sort of hive-mind collective, dude.
>>
File: 3D Carl.jpg (405KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
3D Carl.jpg
405KB, 2592x1944px
>>38092467
>"NEETs" Doesn't imply some sort of hive-mind collective, dude.
That's my point you fuckhead, OP is implying everyone wants to kill myself, that's like me saying "why are all criminals bad people?".
Not everyone is the same, there are poeple who are forced into things/people who want to change themselves, etc.
This meme about entire groups of people being identical is retarded.
>>
>>38092115
when you give up looking for jobs, you eventually start to give up on everything. you stop caring. maybe is that.

i don't care if i die either, but i'm not an attention whore that whines about life to everybody and threatening with suicide.

you'll get there.
>>
It's easy when you're an actual neet, unlike you, op. You are nothing more than a failed wagecuck. Kind of sad really, you want nothing more than to be a useless little piece of shit. When you find yourself able to actually do something productive with life you cry about boohoo I am unemployed cuckold.

>>38092383
This guy knows what's up. neetgods are the true masterrace.
>>
>>38092115
>for three months now,
Try 6 years asshole.
No...I found my man hood I found my honor.
>>
You have to spend your time the best you can.

When I was at school they made everyone do an iq test and I scored 142 and was put on the gifted and talented program. Did this mean or predict aby thing about my further life prospects? NO! I've worked a few warehouse jobs and you feel like an unappreciated cog in the system.

As of the past year I've been learning chess from scratch, I've recently went to the local chess club and I was rated 1700 el, the 2nd strongest player in the club, again does this mean anything? NO!

If you feel you are stagnating/decaying, find yourself a free or cheap hobby and excel at it, hopefully this skill will enable you to start a small business so you can make your own money.

For instance, you have 0, nothing. You can choose to open a small business with a startup loan, anything up to 2500 pounds sterling with a mediocre idea, ie selling tobacco and tobacco accessories at a market stall, (or another low value idea, mines an example) then you'll make 10th. With the 10th make a new one, higher value idea, make 25k, then 100, then 250, etc.

Most mill/billionaires started with nothing. How did they do it, exactly as I've said.

Then, with your millions you can do exactly as you are doing now, but with the safety of millions on the bank, as I have. Feels good.
>>
File: 1494397925822.png (355KB, 433x573px) Image search: [Google]
1494397925822.png
355KB, 433x573px
>>38092682
>it's the "you can do anything you put your mind to" thing again
I wished that shit ever applied to me.
>>
>>38092746
my problem is theres nothing I want to put my mind to
>>
>>38092746
It applies to everyone, it all amounts to how hungry you are for a gig, comfortable life.

Deep down I'm still poor, but I have a few bottles of champagne in the fridge and a load of meathe I bought from the butchers. I don't spend too much, I just live as I did, but without so much restraint. Instead of cheap frozen sausages that are 40% meat, I go to the butchers.

You don't believe in yourself enough.
>>
>>38092839
Nice not gig
>>
>>38092839
I was very hungry, and I did belive in myself once.
That shit about being able to do anything is fairy tale shit. Some people just weren't meant to succeed.
>>
>>38092115
>implying we don't constantly think of offing ourselves
but
>implying we don't hate our parents for birthing us
and
>implying substance abuse doesn't make it all better
>>
>>38092961
But you're automatically dooming yourself with that mentality

First I was 20 stone with no confidence, I dieted and ill admit I used amphetamines at first to get me used to not eating as much.

After 5 months of dieting, I was 12 stone, and was comfortable with talking to people, so I sold tobacco to degenerates, when I had 10k in my account I knew if I did the right thing I could get out of the hole I was in, and I did.

Don't automatically invalidate yourself, no meme everyone has the ability to succeed, the ones who don't are the ones who make excuses as to why they can't.
>>
>>38092115
>can't get a job anywhere, despite sending out over 100 applications.

wow you are really worthless
>>
>>38092115
Why don't you try to get more marketable skills, either through university, community college or a trade school?

Literally everyone besides the legit retards has a high school diploma now.
>>
>>38093197
###wageslaveryy
>>
>>38092115
You're cursed with a wageslave mentality. You can't handle it when you're not being told what to do 24/7 by other people. Some people need to be controlled. Others are free to be free
>>
>>38093250
No, I'm cursed with not having any money and having to depend on others in a dysfunctional and shaky family.
>>38093197
I have twenty dollars to my name.
>>
>>38093279
Apply for FAFSA. If you're as poor as you say, you'll get a full ride to a state school.

Hell, I wasn't even that poor when I went to school and still got like $5k a year in grants. And yes, I'm a white male.
>>
>>38093076
I would rather accept my fate than fight against it for some shitty scrap of honor.
I hate people like you that think everything can be fixed. Just leave well enough alone if you can't do better.
>>
>>38092115
>How do us NEETs manage to live without constantly thinking of offing ourselves?

Ftfy. Your one of us now. I have a solid degree and a good trade, been looking for work since March. Welcome to the suck.
>>
>>38092115

source on girl? orignaloanf
>>
>lots of vidya
>watching a lot of movies
>watching anime
>fapping
>talking/hanging with friends sometimes (surprised I still have any)
>did I mention vidya?

I've been a NEET for 4 months and it's not too bad, but I am starting to get tired of it. I just hate the job hunt. My parents don't ask me for rent, even when I do have a job since they don't need it.
Do I feel like a burden? Not at all. my parents actually hate when I bring up moving out, because I help around the house so much.

Just find something to entertain you and you should be fine.
>>
>>38093495
>4 months

dude, thats nothing. just give it a couple more months and you'll be miserable.

I've been a NEET for nearly 2 years. First few months were cool. Then things started to go down hill quick. I am severely depressed and think about offing myself pretty often.

Chronic pain and health issues is what put me in this situation and is stopping me from getting out of it, in case you're wondering,
>>
>>38093495
>lots of vidya
Never expected it but it got really boring after 25. It was hard to find anything interesting to do to fill the void.
>>
>>38092115
Three fucking months. Try being a NEET for 5+ years, and your mindset will change. My sanity's basically gone, and I don't feel much guilt anymore. I feel like we live in a dying age not worth involving one's self in, but maybe that's just projecting my psychological condition onto the world. If nothing else I want to keep living to spite normies.
>>
>>38092290
You and I are alike my friend
>>
>>38093495
>>38093571
2 years is nothing
try 5 years
>>
>>38092222
Tell him to write and submit your job applications until you get work, and you'll be happy to work. It's so easy to get a job right?
>>
Most people can't handle the responsibility that comes with so much freedom that NEETdom brings. Its takes more discipline and willpower to do the right thing when you don't have to, which is why most NEETs just implode. Being a NEET isn't bad, its being without purpose or goals that kills you.
>>
>>38093781
I couldn't even imagine.

I thought my life sucked before, but this is hell. Social isolation and a lack of purpose in this world, no matter how small that purpose is, can really fuck you up.
>>
File: 7925792.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
7925792.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>38093571
I was a NEET for 2 years after High School. It was during that time when I didn't know what to go to college for, and couldn't get a job because no experience.
Then a friend got me a job that I worked for 2 years, then quit it for a new better job. That job sucked so I quit it, and now I'm here 4 months later.

Even for 2 years it wasn't that bad. Sometimes I would feel bad when I went long periods of time with no social interaction, but I would eventually get over it.
Like I said, I just play vidya and other forms of entertainment to keep me happy.

I spent those whole 2 years playing MMO's, JRPG's, and watching movies all day. MMO's can be lifesinks by themselves so I was rarely bored. While there's a ton of movies to go through every day. The NEET life just isn't for everyone.
>>
Been nearly two years now and I don't know how much longer this can continue, I am almost ready to stop caring and give up on everything, I'm already fucked.
>>
I was a NEET for ~8 years and then got a pretty decent job. It's not actually difficult, but it does require either luck/opportunity presented to you, or alternatively, you need to go out and find something you really care about, which is almost impossible when you don't care about finding something to care about or don't believe you can.
>>
>feel like a burden to everyone
Yes
>doing nothing at all
Yes
>live without constant suicidal thoughts
Haha no that's silly.
>>
>>38092682
You're assuming that I have any ideas of worth to begin with. I don't see the point of starting a business because there's nothing I want to do.
>>
>>38092682
Don't listen to the naysayers.

This is a great post.
>>
File: tm.jpg (101KB, 458x612px) Image search: [Google]
tm.jpg
101KB, 458x612px
>mfw I've been telling myself I'll end my NEEThood in the next few weeks and it hasn't really sunk in that job hunting could take three months or more.
>>
>>38092115
>without constantly thinking of offing yourselves
but i do
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.