[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For oldfags

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1720.jpg (100KB, 510x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1720.jpg
100KB, 510x1000px
Scientists say a persons brain is not fully developed until they are 25, and thus anyone considerably younger than that is immature by comparison.

I am currently 19 and still feel a lot like a kid. Should I expect to feel a lot more grown up and responsible in coming years?

Share your experience
>>
>>38092114
I have the same question too. I'm 20, but I still don't feel mature enough for actual relationships and stuff.
>>
>>38092114
feel grown up? responsible? no. have drastically different outlooks on things based on the experiences you have over the next 7 years? sure. i've changed so much from 19-27 that i can't even empathize with myself at that age or identify with the thought processes i held then

>>38092158
>I'm 20, but I still don't feel mature enough for actual relationships and stuff.

you won't actually mature in regards to relationships until you're in one
>>
scientists = who gives a shit
legislators = know their shit

you 18?
you the fucking man now dawg
>>
>>38092173
>you won't actually mature in regards to relationships until you're in one
Looks like I'm fucked then.
>>
>>38092114
Yes. You are almost finished growing physically but you will experience massive changes in the way you see the world over the next decade.
/Thread
>>
I'm 24, almost 25, and I'm feeling like nothing changed since forever. I was different when I was really young, let's say under 13yo.
>>
>>38092299
That's weird, I'm only 20, but I've felt like I changed majorly every year I've been alive.
>>
>>38092114
I only started feeling more grown up and having clearer thoughts after I had turned 30. Responsibility came soon after that.
>>
>>38092198
hey pal hey bud hey buddy youre a fucking retard
>>
>>38092114
30 here. Still waiting for this to happen.

Origami.
>>
>>38092114
24 here.

From my experience, once you're out of school, you fall into routines and specialize in your knowledge and activities, so you're going to feel a lot dumber. You're also interacting with a smaller pool of people and it becomes harder to maintain the friends you may have already had. If anything, getting older feels like getting more detached and less passionate about things, which seems more of a loss. Responsibility is pretty much just being reliable and committing to what you said you would do, and I don't think it's age-related at all.
>>
>>38092114
>Should I expect to feel a lot more grown up and responsible in coming years?
not a chance
>>
>>38092327
Well, explain me something. What's happened?

When I was under 10yo I was sacred to go to school because I hated one of my teacher and I often cried if front of her during oral tests.
When I was under 13 I was already a loner and very introverted, but I didn't had that teacher anymore. I was feeling like the dumbest person of the class tho, and at 13 I had to repeat a year.
That year was really different than the others. Better teachers and especially better classmates. Then I went to highschool and I finally realized I'm not that dumb. Despite being the silent (physically) little guy I wasn't bullied, even if that school is known for having mostly people who doesn't like to study and many immigrants. Since this period, nothing changed.
Now I've almost taken my uni degree, I'm still an introvert loner. I'm also still dependent to my parents... I've never tried to live by myself and I don't know what means having a relationship. It's almost like 10y ago.
>>
File: IMG_0071.jpg (251KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0071.jpg
251KB, 2000x1125px
I don't feel fully grown but at 28 I know I was a complete moron at 19. Almost everybody is. I'd say I didn't stop acting like a jackass until I was at least 23 or 24 and I still have a lot of issues I need to work out. Don't worry about it. You're a work in progress.
>>
>>38092402

I had some pretty shitty friends until i was about 18-19. I've had the same two groups of friends for 6-7 years now and have no trouble maintaining relationships with them. I don't really have a desire to make any new friends though.
>>
>>38092699

That sounds nice. Sometimes people move away though.
>>
>>38092114
It would be reasonable to expect that, depending how much social experience you have access to.
>>
Almost 23 here

I can definitely tell you that I'm not the same person I was at 18, and the person I was at 21 was different too, but it felt like a slow process since nothing distinctly dramatic happened. The way you can really tell is by looking back on your past decisions and not being able to understand why you made them. For instance, when I was 18 I skipped classes because I felt embarrassed that I did not know anyone in the class. Now, at 22 turning on 23, I could not give less of a fuck if I'm by myself in a room full of people that all know each other, and certainly would have pushed myself to go to class and avoid getting kicked out for lack of attendance.
>>
>>38092114
nope. I'm 26 and i still feel like im 19. The only difference is I'm isolated, underemployed, and depressed
>>
>>38092114
After 24-27 it all feels the same so yeah. I guess.
>>
>>38092114
Maturity only comes with responsibility. Since you've probably not taken on very many responsibilities, as you're young, you will still feel (and be) very immature. I'm 30, but only have very basic responsibilities, so I'm also quite immature compared to most people my age, and barely feel any more grown up than when I was your age.
>>
I'm 19 and feel really too old

but somehow at the same time still feel like a kid, literally do not feel different than when I was 15, but I just know objectively speaking I'm old
>>
>>38092819

They do. Luckily all my friends are either happy here or not driven enough to escape.
>>
>19
>LSD can stunt mental development
>literally not supposed to do it until you're at least 18
welp i'm going to be an autistic tranny forever
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.