[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>make a long, well though out post about discussing practical,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: 1496879471962.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1496879471962.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>make a long, well though out post about discussing practical, realistic solutions to our problems instead of wallowing in addictive self-pity
>literally zero responses
>make a post about a Polynesian girl who used to walk with me to school in 9th grade
>literally 90 responses of similar bullshit anecdotes and ">tfw no Hawaiian gf"

This is why this board sucks.
>>
You are right but why do you think this thread will be any different?
>>
>>38089000
Link to the Polynesian girl?
>>
Let's you and I have a productive thread about realistic solutions partner
>>
>>38089000
There's a reason we're all here.
>>
whats so wrong with wanting a gf
>>
>can't get GF
Take hormones and become the GF
>>
>>38089035
Ok. What problems do you have in your life right now? What goals do you have? How realistic are they? What steps are you taking each day to reach them?
>>
File: 0002.jpg (192KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
0002.jpg
192KB, 660x440px
>>38089079
Really, really stupid, underage, outsider-tier joke, but it did make me laugh. Now I feel like a complete pleb.
>>
>>38089117
>Being this new to 4chan
We were all new once
>>
It's true.

First and foremost: what is our problem? Lack of gf and friends are just symptoms.

There are many reasons, every bot has different wiring but there's one problem we all share: we're all traumatized by loneliness. Even if we were to become attractive, intelligent and charismatic, the fear and anxiety would take over us and ensure we'd fail.

How do we clean the slate to focus on our real problems?
>>
File: 0006.jpg (37KB, 522x434px) Image search: [Google]
0006.jpg
37KB, 522x434px
>>38089151
I've been here since 2010.
>>
File: 0025.jpg (6KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
0025.jpg
6KB, 183x275px
>>38089167
>Even if we were to become attractive, intelligent and charismatic, the fear and anxiety would take over us and ensure we'd fail.
I think the first thing we need to do is to accept the fact that we are, first off, never gonna have friends or a gf, because there's no situation where you can get them that wouldn't induce anxiety that cripples you from doing so. We need to make peace with this and find other things in life that make us happy.
The second thing we need to do is find out how those new things are achievable. Undoubtedly they will require money, which usually requires employment. How do we get jobs when most of us aren't particularly intelligent, don't have degrees, and are too spergy to get past most interviewers? A fair amount of people on here also seem to have health problems that also stop them from doing manual labor. Where does that leave these people.
I have some ideas but I'd be curious to hear your answers first.
>>
>>38089313
I will disagree right from the start.

It's not impossible for us to get friends, after all, we're talking to each other right now and from conversation to friendship is an easy step.
And if we can get friends, we can girlfriends as well. It's just much harder.

I will concede that giving up on a social life may have its virtues as a temporary measure but not as a permanent measure.

As for employment, it's a matter of climbing steps. If you need skills, learn them, either from college or self study or whatever may be.
If anons can't work they're probably getting funded by the government to an extent, let that money by the capital which you invest in yourself.

I think robots all view themselves as inferior so the best remedy is to achieve things. The more we achieve, the better we'll feel and the less crippling individual failure will be.
>>
>>38089000
>"wtf why does nobody want my trite unsolicited advice this sucks"
>>
File: 0017.jpg (6KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
0017.jpg
6KB, 299x168px
>>38089448
>after all, we're talking to each other right now and from conversation to friendship is an easy step.
true, but it's one thing to carry on a conversation for 20 minutes and click with someone, to develop a connection. in the long term, we will be too in our heads and unable to hide our true spergy selves which will over time slowly sever that connection until those people don't want to hang out with us. this will happen even quicker with a fellow sperg because instead of one repelling force you have two.
girlfriends are downright impossible. you need to be very attractive, and very smooth, and even if you could clean up to be as high as a 6/10 and manage to land one date, for example, the charade would fall apart so fast and you wouldn't make it very far.
I completely agree with you as far as the employment thing goes. There are enough ways to learn skills in fields that would allow us to work from home, but I really do stress the from home part. Any job that requires meeting with people face to face will destroy us. The "just get buzzed or slightly high before the interview" stuff is nonsense.
>>
>>38089605
>just learn these skills
Most of us have no access to government money and mommy won't pay for courses. Of course, there are ways to teach yourself, but how the fuck do you stay motivated enough in such a low-pressure, unstructured environment?
>>
>>38089000
Because robots don't want to be fixed. We'll take your sympathy though
>>
>>38089605
The anxiety is something that was imposed to us. We were born or raised with poor social skills which led to loneliness which led to even poorer social skills and anxiety. This isn't something we were born with, just an additional complication.

As for whether it's harder to bond to fellow spergs, I disagree. Robots, due to being at the bottom tier, are more lenient and forgiving of others' sperginess as we are used to our own.

>>38089646
it's a step ladder in the end. Some ladders have more steps than others. Get shit jobs to pay for training to get better jobs. Learn skills on your own that help you get income, etc.
>>
>>38089542
The thread I made earlier was a template of sorts inviting people to discuss ways we could improve our lives, it was NOT trite unsolicited advice
>>38089646
Staying motivated is really hard. I'm just at the beginning of learning web design. I was having trouble staying motivated too. One thing that can help, is at a low moment at the end of another day where you accomplished nothing, is to write those feelings down as detailed as possible. Then, the next day, reread them so you're motivated not to feel those awful feelings again. And then set realistic, non-threatening increments for yourself to progress in your goal. For example, I just started learning web design from this 1800 page book. Every day, I do 5 pages, and then just stop. Now I've bumped it up to 10. Mental endurance is a lot like physical. If your muscles are underused, you have to build them back up slowly. Don't start off doing too much at once.
A change of environment can also help. I would get out of the basement each day and bus to the library to work on this at first. It's a pain in the ass to bus over there, and a pain in the ass to bus back, so I want to make it worthwhile that I did bus over here and this motivated me to work, provided some structure, if you will, and motivated me to do something before I made that awful trip back. Also, the library is a more rewarding environment than my basement.
Ultimately, you'll have to find what works for you though.
>>
You're basically complaining that the internet will always internet. I did this years ago.
You could do this for anywhere else online too.
I still have uneasy feelings about how people are, but it's irrational at this point. I've had enough time to collect my thoughts and realize how people are. So, OP, you need to pull yourself together and realize how people are and get over it. It's hard but that's all we can do.
>>
>>38089787
I don't want to discourage you if you think you can break free from the anxiety. I may not have been born with it but I have had it for as long as I can remember, and it's set too deep in my psyche to ever change. Believe me, I have tried.
>Robots, due to being at the bottom tier, are more lenient and forgiving of others' sperginess as we are used to our own.
Does not matter. We have a hard time bonding with people as it is, and those are people know how to empathize with people. The problem is we can't meet them halfway. With other spergs, if neither of us can empathize or even just relax and immerse ourselves in the social situation, we will never develop any bond and just repel each other even quicker. We might not judge each other for our sperginess but we won't develop any kind of bond, ever have much fun and thus have no incentive to continue the charade.
>>
>>38089886
*people who know how to empathize people
>>
>>38089906
>people who know how to empathize people
people who know how to empathize with people
>>
>>38089886
You are no different from I, you're just entrenching yourself in the conviction that there's no hope because it allows you to live comfortably without putting yourself at risk of further suffering.

About the second part, I think sperg comradery is an important factor. After all, we can empathize with each other because we share the same problems.
>>
>>38089999
Nice quads.
I am not entrenching myself. I have put myself out there a lot, mummy has even paid people to help me improve socially, and it all amounted to nothing. Maybe I am an exception, I certainly know there are people on this board who aren't as bad as me (and I'm not even talking about the failed normies who lurk here) and maybe they can make the leap.
You would think we could empathize with each other but in most situations where we get together we are just interested in doing what we want, say what we want, no compromise, no letting others speak, and we are also unable to immerse ourselves in the social situation and form bonds.
I have tried to break this mold. I have met up with spergs and let them dominate the conversation, acted interested in what they were saying. But ultimately I didn't enjoy it all, and had no incentive to stay. And he didn't really seem to appreciate the effort either. Then with another sperg I actually just tried bluntly to say "for half the time we're gonna do what you want and the other half we're gonna do what I want" and that didn't go over well. while we were doing my thing he was clearly just waiting for it to be over so we could do his thing, and while he did his thing I was just waiting for it to be done so I could go home.
and even with one guy who I found mutual interests and problems with, it didn't really help. we didn't form any bonds because we couldn't immerse ourselves into the experience of being with someone else, just the activity that we both happened to be doing in the same space.
oddly enough, being on /r9k/ is the one place where I feel like I've connected with people to some degree, and have actually started to care for this general community. but irl relationships don't come naturally for some of us.
>>
>>38090152
Wew lad.

What do you mean with people to help you socialize?

Also, real friendships aren't easy to come by. Most friends are just people you do things with, true comradery comes from shared strife and years of friendship.
>>
>>38090152
and I don't mean to sound like I'm feeling sorry for myself. I have made peace with the fact that I won't ever have real friends. And I have grown to develop a bond with the people on this board. when someone here complains about something bad that has happened to them, I do feel a genuine need to help them improve their situation, or just relate a similar experience so they don't feel alone in their autisticness. It is definitely enough for me.
>>
>>38089000
>make thread about how I am smart and my thoughts are superior
>no one thinks so
>make fiction
>everyone enjoys it
>>
>>38089790
FAGGOT FAGGOT faggit!
>>
>>38090232
>What do you mean with people to help you socialize?
I would work with people who would help me practice making and maintaining the right facial expressions in certain situations, being able to identify those situations in the first place, what to say these people in these situations, how to overcome my anxiety in these situations, how to approach people in the first place, etc. it all amounted to nothing, I never made any friends, but even if some of these normal people had accepted me, I don't think it would have worked out anyway, although maybe a little bit better because maybe there'd at least be empathy coming from one side of it, but then at the same time they'd also be more put off by my sperginess so maybe it would still fall apart just as fast.
> Most friends are just people you do things with, true comradery comes from shared strife and years of friendship.
Well, it was maddening to spend even 2 hours with other spergs, some of whom I met up with multiple times. maybe normal people don't start out with the strongest bonds, but I feel like there is at least a little bit to keep the ball rolling. tried as I might, i could never even develop that little bit, and with nothing to build off of, i kind of just concluded that these relationships would never go anywhere, they would just be repeated sessions of two people doing something in the same space, not really appreciating the other persons company, one of them anxious to get home, never to go any further because we could never make that first little emotional connection, that spark, no matter how many hobbies or problems we shared.
>>
>>38090373
Well, my dude, it does seem you're in a different class of problems than I am.

Which means my attempts to help you wouldn't be very effective.

I sincerely hope you find peace and happiness, anon, we all deserve it and so do you. I've gotta go to bed, see you later.
>>
>>38090470
thanks anon. I have made peace with this, and am also learning a skill to improve my financial prospects in life.
hope it works out for you too. good night,
>>
File: 1358304269429.png (747KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1358304269429.png
747KB, 1280x720px
>>38089000
>This is why this board sucks.
It's because they haven't dug coal Raylan.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 640x633px
>>38090152
Holy shit...

>inb4 normie c'mon this nigga is clearly on another planet you don't have to be a normie to see it
>>
>>38090948
Get out of here you condescending normalfag. Take the funny, karma-grabbing screenshots you came here for and scram.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.