[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does anyone actually want to live?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1800hotlinememes.jpg (74KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
1800hotlinememes.jpg
74KB, 690x460px
Can somebody kindly inform me as to why anyone in the western world right now wants to continue living? How can anyone honestly WANT to continue living? How does that work?
>>
Many more years of suffering lined up and I'm a masochist so I can't wait!!
>>
Because unlike you,i can find meaning in nothing. I can change and i can make something of myself. So,fuck off.
>>
>>38087025
>i can find meaning in nothing
What the fuck does this even mean
>>
>>38086633
They have been memed into keep on living by advertising and marketing that fools them into thinking that consumerism and muh unique life experiences make life worth living

>>38087025
>"fuck off"
>actually butthurt
obvious projection
>>
>>38086633
I don't know man. I have trouble doing anything. I've accepted I'm unwanted and just try to do what I can alone in my room. I've taken up drawing and Latin, by myself of course, and that helps pass the time when I actually feel motivated to do something

I'I planning on killing myself soon after my 21st birthday which is in January
>>
>>38086633
Because our bitterness and hate is the only thing that keeps us going.
>>
>>38086633
I don't get you suicidal people. Death is forever so why not make the most of this consciousness. I can assume you are not in any major physical pain and you are living comfortably enough to post on this site so what seems to be getting in your way of enjoying life. If nothing else you feel yourself breath and the softness of your chair. Isn't that enough to keep you here since in death you wont even have that.
>>
>>38087074
Its.means that even though i jave nothing to live for i can make something out of that. I choose to not be bitter. You dont have to be.

>>38087127
Projecting what? What is there to project?
>>
>>38087325
>I don't get people who arent like me. Like, just life just can't just be bad or anything just like embrace the good and ignore like just the bad stuff
How's about you fuck off or at least try to relate
>>
File: 1496065883750.png (187KB, 261x271px) Image search: [Google]
1496065883750.png
187KB, 261x271px
>>38086633
Suicide isn't a decision you can make freely, it requires a great amount of factors to make you end your life on your own.

So you end up staying alive, and you try to make life comfortable.
>>
>>38087420
Ok, since i can't relate you could try to describe what has gotten you to this point that you wish for death or how should the world change for you to decide to keep living in it.
>>
>>38087626
Well my dad didnt give me the honda i wanted and also my black girlfriend lashanda broke up with me because i couldnt bring home enough kush and herion for her. It justs so maddening. I hate my life. :((((
>>
>>38087626
Ok. I'm not OP mind you, but I inch closer to suicide everyday.

I'd say it really started right after high school. I still had some hope going into college. One semester in I dropped out because I didn't like my program, hated taking on debt, and don't want to do anything else. So I moved back he. Then went to the navy, and got kicked out for depression. Now I live with mom working for her.

Things I once got a lot of enjoyment out of, slowly lost that. I only read, browse the internet, draw and occasionally play video games. I also have a few guns I can't afford to shoot. I have little to no money and a bunch of debt I can't pay back.

I've sold off everything I can. I'm running in empty. I have no desire to make more money than is required to pay back the money. If my mom kicks me I will kill myself.

Not much more to say. I don't want to live, it's as simple as that
>>
>>38086633
Why the western world specifically? Do people in other parts of the world have more reason to want to live?
>>
>>38087880
I just can't speak for other places of the world being a westerner myself.
>>
>>38087968
What makes you think you can speak for me?
>>
>>38087325
>Death is forever so why not make the most of this consciousness
if you kill yourself now or in 50 years why should it even matter? youd be dead anyway. youd have no conscious.
>>
>>38088003
I guess "speaking for" is not a good term because I'm not speaking for anyone, I'm just asking a question. I don't particularly care about the opinions of someone not in a similar society to mine, that's what I mean.
>>
>>38088146
What about western society is it that you feel makes a desire to live mystifying, then?
>>
>>38088190
>What about western society is it that you feel makes a desire to live mystifying
You must understand how ridiculously difficult a question that is to answer, yes? I mean the entire reason I made this thread is because I was wondering how anyone could find a reason to live in western society, so I guess the mystification can be attributed to a lack of reason? I don't know dude.
>>
>muh biological imperative
>muh unimpeded hedonism
>muh natural optimism
>muh positive bias
Normal people are incredibly resilient and firmly believe that life is an overall positive experience. And I believe for them it genuinely is. I've experienced a few good patches myself where my mood lightened, performing tasks was an effortless experience and I could efficiently shrug off any negative stimuli that came my way. I felt exultant and invincible. I imagine that normal people feel similarly (maybe not as intense) most of the time. But those feelings are extremely rare, making up maybe a few hours a year; the rest are overwhelmingly negative, and occur independent of my circumstances.
>>
>>38088292
Well, if western society is so complex that it's hard to narrow down, then doesn't that mean there're a lot of aspects to western society that you consider not worth living for? Or how can you consider life in western society not worth living for if you can't give a reason to cover all possibilities that we're offered?
>>
>>38086633
Tbh im edgy enough that i continue living in hopes that I can kill a jew or mudshark before i die
>>
File: 123456787654324.jpg (75KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
123456787654324.jpg
75KB, 490x490px
>originalllee
>>
>>38086633
They DON'T, half the country is drugged up on heroin, the other half on doctor-prescribed anti-anxiety and antidepressant medication, so they don't think of themselves as druggies.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.