[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> there are rich people on this board why?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: 1480289065586.gif (2MB, 260x320px) Image search: [Google]
1480289065586.gif
2MB, 260x320px
> there are rich people on this board
why?
>>
Plenty of rich people are autistic losers anon

Hell if you grow up rich I'd say it likely contributes towards it
>>
I would assume it's less rich people that made their own fortune through effort and determination, and more coddled rich kids who grew up to be losers after a very sheltered childhood
>>
>>38075505
why cant they just buy more shit
>>
File: P26.png (394KB, 800x850px) Image search: [Google]
P26.png
394KB, 800x850px
>>38075482
How do you define as rich? like on a scale from having a 2 room apartment, ramen noodles and playing mine sweeper on an apple 2 without internet to having a 6 bedroom private neighborhood house with a professional chef to make your food and a $11,000 dollar gaming set up?
>>
>tfw you realize that in many ways you're richer than kings of the past
>still depressed

It's all relative. How much money/possessions you have doesn't mean shit, if everyone was as rich as bill gates then that level of wealth would be the baseline and you'd be complaining about even richer people.
>>
>>38075482
You can't be a robot if you have money
Failed normalniggers should just hang themselves
>>
>>38075871
Pretty much every single person living in first world countries has a quality of life miles better than the majority of even the richest kings and rulers throughout history.
>>
>>38075891
>bread and circus is better than having a harem and being an authority figure everyone respects and looks up to
yeah no fuck off brainlet
>>
>>38075908
I more meant in the way of being able to experience things that ancients couldn't even imagine, having access to goods they could never have known about, being able to relatively easily travel the entire world, and not shitting yourself to death at 30
>>
>>38075908
You know that it's possible to be a respected authority figure in the modern world, right?

Not for you obviously, but it's still possible
>>
>>38075929
How much of the world have you seen anon? I don't mean from a monitor by the way :^)
>>
>>38075947
>>38075891
>Pretty much every single person living in first world countries
i'm drunk and have better reading comprehension than you, you bloody brainlet
>>
>>38075949
I've been to north and south america, all over europe, around the baltics, malaysia, south africa and singapore, and I'm not even 26 yet.

I'm not particularly wealthy, I'd say that outside of the past century (few decades even) that would be pretty unheard of for an "average" person.
>>
>>38075908
I'm pretty sure that he meant "quality of life" in the usual way it's measured, as in the quality and access to enough and varied food and water, entertainment, freedom, technology and shelter, not in terms of actually being a literal king.
>>
>>38075929
>and not shitting yourself to death at 30
an uncommon experience for royalty, lad

>wehew, planes and bike rides!
absolutely nothing compared to the joys of ruling
>>
>>38076004

>http://www.sarahwoodbury.com/life-expectancy-in-the-middle-ages/

>Below is the recorded birth and death date for the adult royal family of Wales and associated Marcher relations, beginning with Joanna (the daughter of King John of England) and Llywelyn Fawr (Llywelyn the Great, the Prince of Wales). Eliminating individuals who died before adulthood completely, from the dates recorded below, the mean life expectancy for women was 43.6 years, with a median of 42/43; for men

So not quite 30, but not much better
>>
File: 1472506397194.jpg (26KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
1472506397194.jpg
26KB, 330x319px
>>38076028
>Wales
>richest kings and rulers throughout history
>>
I was going to say why don't they just spend their time doing activities with money but then I realized I have a whole catalog of ps4 games that I haven't played and spend all day shitposting here
>>
>>38076004
Do you genuinely think that the sanitation practices used by royalty for most of history were that much better than what everyone else was doing?

French nobles literally shit in the corners of hallways in the palace of Versailles (which were cleaned weekly) for hundreds of years
>>
>>38076040
What medical benefit did these richer kings get from the extra gold they owned?

Having more money didn't effect the state of medical knowledge at the time.
>>
File: diK3yOG.png (303KB, 479x611px) Image search: [Google]
diK3yOG.png
303KB, 479x611px
you can be a part of a wealthy political dynasty and still be a robot
>>
>>38076046
>French nobles literally shit in the corners of hallways in the palace of Versailles
>still believing that slander from the revolutionary riff-raff

>>38076060
>What medical benefit did these richer kings get from the extra gold they owned?
Not living in Wales would be the biggest one.
>>
File: 1497686829001.jpg (35KB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
1497686829001.jpg
35KB, 600x333px
>chronic illness
>can only work part time and still feel pretty shitty due to it
>one room apartment in a decaying industrial city
>welfare would not even cover half of my stupidly low expenses

Give me all your money, sad rich people. It is wasted on you.
>>
Well, my parents are rich and my life is very nice in that regard, but I'm still in chronic pain that nobody seems to be able to do much about except pump me full of pain meds.
>>
>>38075565
Can't buy your way out of autism. Elvis tried to buy friends, for instance, but it didn't stop him from spiraling into addiction.
>>
>>38075482
Rich =/= socially capable person. Throwing money away to attract freeloaders is not being good at social interaction.
>>
File: Elliot.jpg (140KB, 640x861px) Image search: [Google]
Elliot.jpg
140KB, 640x861px
>>38075482
/r9k/'s patriot saint was rich.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.