[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*HISTORY HOBBY THREAD*

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: pepesam.png (245KB, 287x400px) Image search: [Google]
pepesam.png
245KB, 287x400px
Any robots interested in history? What periods of history/ locations, etc interest you? I've just been reading a bit about feudal Japan on wikipedia and it's pretty interesting to learn about.
>>
I've learned a lot about ancient Europe and ancient Mexico. I'm looking at ancient Africa now. People don't like to talk about ancient Africa outside of Egypt but the negros have some really interesting history.
>>
yes, I am a history grad student. don't bother.
>>
I love history, too bad many books about it are biased towards certain countries (No, I'm not a nazi). What's the deal with Japan? Did some people migrated there and remained isolated for hundreds of years until other civilizations established contact with them?
>>
>>38072483
I don't know much about Japan (not OP) but they're Koreans who invaded another race's land, took over and acted as if they were native to the island.
>>
>>38072439
Why say that? I'm not looking to make a career out of it, I just like to read about the events and the major characters in history.
>>
>>38072511
Japanese dont look like mainland ""people"" though
>>
File: toastie.jpg (12KB, 220x237px) Image search: [Google]
toastie.jpg
12KB, 220x237px
Lately I've been reading up on articles about the 2004-2005 Scampia war. It was a turf war in Naples fought between two warring mafia factions. Claimed the lives of more than 100 people between October 2004 and early 2005.

A notable incident is the kidnapping of Gelsomina Verde (pic related) who was a fucking roastie bitch who dated a mobster. Thankfully, other mobsters kidnapped her, tortured her for hours and burnt her body after killing her. Roastie got literally toastie.

The figures involved during the conflict seem to be very interesting people. Such as Cosimo di Lauro, the leader of the Di Lauro crime family, a flamboyant don nicknamed "Fat Boy" who ordered many brutal killings of innocent people.

And then there's Ugo De Lucia, a hitman serving a life sentence who worked for Cosimo and was the one who killed Gelsomina Verde. He apparently loved playing ps2 games like Winning Eleven and Devil May Cry while not committing crimes.

Early 2000s is still history, right? Or do you only want stuff from like...50 years ago?
>>
>>38072511
Who did the Japanese islands belong to originally? Giant monsters?
>>
yes I've always been. I was very passionate for the late medieval/early modern period, in particular of eastern europe. I wrote a 14 page research paper on the grand duchy of lithuania in a history class I took in college last year. was quite hard to do with limited english sources but my autism prevailed.

but now I've dropped out of college and am so depressed history seems pointless to me now. and I always hated when normies say shit like "hurr this is so stupid, why do we need to know this, who cares about what happened so long ago" but now I'm starting to think the same thing. fuck.
>>
Yes, though I mostly read about modern American history.
>>
>>38072693
Damn. italians are fucked up
>>
>>38072693
Interesting, thanks for contributing! I got a book on sale at B & N on ancient Rome, it's pretty good.
>>
I've really been enjoying ww2 history, I'm reading a book about all female soviet air squadrons, their founding a, their achievements and their failures
>>
File: 1495699569494.jpg (18KB, 248x189px) Image search: [Google]
1495699569494.jpg
18KB, 248x189px
>>38073838
>all female soviet air squadrons
I'm guessing the failures greatly outweigh the achievements.
>>
>>38073891
Actually they were highly decorated unit and had many successful campaigns during the war. Kek.
>>
>>38073891
I'd recommend reading up on them before shitposting

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Witches
>>
>>38072405
i find 2017 era burgerland to be disgustingly interesting.
>>
>>38072405
I know a lot about ww2 including that there were some armies that were on the axis trying to liberate israel and india
>>
>>38073918
Are you a roastie, perchance? You sound toastie.
>>
but how will r9k go down in history???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME
>>
>>38074007
Nope, just a robot who enjoys him some history
>>
File: 1487645977219.jpg (159KB, 1022x668px) Image search: [Google]
1487645977219.jpg
159KB, 1022x668px
>>38074007
>gets proved wrong
>m-must be a roastie!
you cucks are so entertaining
>>
I personally really like ancient Greek mythology and culture, but I often fluctuate between countries and time periods.
>>
>>38074110
What are some countries/time periods that interest you?
>>
>age of nationalism
>world war I
>world war II
>cold war
now getting into the renaissance and rome, senpai
>>
File: Ave Caesar.jpg (371KB, 1920x1131px) Image search: [Google]
Ave Caesar.jpg
371KB, 1920x1131px
Trying to turn myself into a better person and I use the SPQR as inspiration to get stronger, smarter, and more disciplined. I also really enjoy Greek and Medieval history, but something about Rome just calls me to greatness.

Son of the West, Heir to Rome
>>
>>38075209
good on you for getting into Rome, lots of inspiring moments in their history

Integritas.
>>
File: Triumph.jpg (282KB, 2109x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Triumph.jpg
282KB, 2109x1000px
>>38075242
Thanks. Hopefully the spirit of all those great men haven't completely gone yet and they can guide me to be the best I can.

Ad Victoriam
>>
No one cares about history anymore which saddens me deeply
>>
>>38075585
>this thread
even some normies care about it
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.