[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mixed reality - Magicleap

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: mixredf.png (670KB, 865x487px) Image search: [Google]
mixredf.png
670KB, 865x487px
Uhm...look at this shit:
https://twitter.com/madewithARKit

Mixed reality is going to disrupt this world man but just think about this, robots--think that you finally won't have to be lonely anymore with this tech. There is a race for perfect AI + this I mean damn this is crazy. Think of the controversy too if everything is so lifelike. What sort of things would be illegal and shit.
>>
Care to give me the short version OP, I'm assuming it's VR that can be deployed onto real life?
>>
>>38070611
If you thought Google glasses were klunky... But yeah magic leap I've heard lives up to the name. Bad magic imo. Soon they'll have implanted stuff like that.
>>
So, Google Glass 2?
>>
>>38071047

Basically it's brining computer generated imagry in the real world BUT mixed reality looks like it can merge to VR as one. The visuals are rendered to lifelike quality with shadows that grace real world objects. From life size humans, to trucks to AT-STs.

You can have an actual castle, walk in it all tracked. Or a forest that doesn't exist overlayed in the real world

-------
...wait basically it's

SAO ordinate scale if you want a short version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLpT9BpznlM
>>
File: 1494032495517.png (72KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1494032495517.png
72KB, 300x300px
>>38070611
>Never heard of tulpas
>>
>>38071128
Sounds neat. Can you hook up earbuds to add sound? I've gotten 100% sick of women and I can't stand the thought of being gay so digital women sounds perfect.
>>
File: magic-leap_0043_Layer-19.jpg (57KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
magic-leap_0043_Layer-19.jpg
57KB, 1000x750px
>>38071169
I'm sure you can. The only limitation to this is the processing power I'm sure. That's why in SAO OS there were drones that did all the processing power for the game. That and FOV needs to be there.
>>
>>38071199
Neat
dysoqnrbfhx
>>
>magic leap
these guys have been bullshitting for years with nothing to show for it
>>
>>38071225
I live 45 minutes away from their headquarters. I want to see if I can sneak in and take pictures of their tech.
>>
It is called augmented reality...
>>
>>38072145

AR is the inferior version which is basically an overlay of a screen UI interface

Mixed reality is merging the real with virtual objects and creating new environment overlayed with the real world and can almost be considered (almost) VR
>>
How expensive it is. That's the most important question.
>>
>>38072207
That is pretty cool, but I still consider it a form of augmented reality, just more advanced
>>
>>38072207
Augmented reality is the correct term. Mixed just adds an interactive functionality on top of it
>>
>>38072221

My guess is that generation 1 will be cost about as much as a standard macbook pro.
>>
>>38072267
It is interacting with the real world. It has a sense of space, it even has its own rendered shadows. Augmented reality doesn't do that, it looks cheapened.
>>
>>38072310
How much are they paying you to shit up this board?
>>
>Think of the controversy too if everything is so lifelike. What sort of things would be illegal and shit.
This bums me out because it's so true. Modern society ruins everything with overegulation. As soon as this becomes popular, nigger legislators will jump on it and make simulated shooting battles and waifu fucking illegal due to how realistic it is, nevermind that it's all non-existent. We're rapidly approaching thought crimes levels of Orwellianism and it pisses me the fuck off
>>
>>38072416
Word. But prohibition never works.
>>
>>38072376
I wish I got paid.
>>38072416
Yeah definitely. Like pic related while obviously there are more realistic representations of games like this (I won't post, that'd get me banned) you'd have to question where is the line.
>>
>>38072500
We used to have no line you know. In the 70s everything was legal. If we have another left winger revolution, but without the powers that be killing everyone with Vietnam, then no one would care. If it's not even real, there shouldn't be a line.
>>
>>38072500

>that image

What the hell is that from?
>>
>>38072590
iqdb
>>
>>38072416
Would it be moral or immoral to let pedos fuck virtual kids if it stops them from fucking real kids?
>>
>>38072653

What if a real kid virtually projects themselves in the pedos living space and virtually has sex? Then what? It'd be just like a cell phone so no mod squad force in the world can police that. It'd be rampant.
>>
>>38072653
>doesn't know about quantum rape
>>38072416
You know since about the 90s loli has been illegal in lots of places. In the 70s legit stuff was hit first, then they move on up to stuff like urine with obscenity laws, even bdsm.
>>
>>38072207
>>38072248
>>38072267
Whatever the fuck you want to call it, it's not going to be even vaguely practical for at least 10-20 more years.
>>
>>38070611
>Mixed reality
What ever happened to the augmented reality meme with Microsoft Hololens (and probably others)?
>>
>>38072819
but magic leap is coming out this year
>>
>>38070611
Just look at the failure that was Google Glass. No one wants to wear an obnoxious headpiece, no matter how much cool shit it does. Hell, people get shit for having bluetooth headsets. Augmented/Mixed reality just will not take off, as cool as it is.
>>
>>38072966
Because hardware startups never disappoint? I'll believe it when I see it, anon.
>>
>>38073005
>just will not take off

It will when girls can walk around as hello kitty or can change their appearance so that the glasses aren't in the way (virtually). You'd be considered a loser to not wear one to be part of the overlayed world. You know it's true. just look at all the whores on social media with dog stickers on their face.
>>38073015
You're right but I have high hopes.
>>
>>38073005
I've always seen this shit as being devices you would use at home or work.
>>
>>38072744
>quantum rape

Talk to me, anon
>>
>>38071128
Sounds not at all like SAO and exactly like Dennou Coil
>>
>>38070611
At our current tech level, when you can fit something into the size factor of regular glasses, it's gonna be complete shit. Even 4k VR is too low resolution, nevermind 1200p, nevermind your potatovision glasses
>>
>>38074394
Isn't that the opposite? The smaller the screen, the better PPI image it gives. A pair of 4K glasses should look better than a 4K monitor or TV
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.