[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retail Feels Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: wojakcashier.jpg (118KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
wojakcashier.jpg
118KB, 849x565px
A bunch of customers bring shopping carts full of food at the last minute before closing time so you end up working fifteen minutes late edition.
>>
bump
What was the worst thing to happen to you guys this week?
>>
I slaved only last tuesday. I'm just opening the cafe for summer so as to minimize getting fucked by crowds and children coming in for afternoon ice cream, three days a week. Semi-NEET life. Sipping good coffee and practicing small talk with the few regulars stoppin' by

The new GM moved our scheduling and shit to an app but people don't use it right; I got a call last night when they were short a person, I was like, I never agreed to come in and I'm not on the app for tonight, good luck with that
>>
Whatever happened to these threads? Are we THIS swamped by autistic high schoolers and wannabe Chads?

Working in a grocery store deli. Two years now. Absolute hell.
Let me you a quick rundown:

>some old cunt asks for a half pound
>get to .36 on the scale
>"OKAY OKAY THAT'S ENOUGH"

>some old cunt asks for a half pound
>printing out the sticker
>"Excuse me, is that a half pound???"

The meme about black people and fried chicken is absolutely NOT a meme. ONLY black people hassle me about the chicken.
>"wow, dese chicken bits are so smaw! Look at dis Laqueisha!"
Fucking bitch, you are buying chicken from a massive corporation. Do you think I can control the size of the frank end chickens that are shipped into us?
Filth.
>>
>>38070355
guess all the wagecucks are off using what little social skills they have to drown their sorrow
>>
>>38071083
I like to multitask. Drink AND complain about my miserable, empty existence online.
Seriously these threads were extremely popular up until the election.
>>
>>38069482
My life is a never ending grocery truck that I will never have time to stock and it will always be my fault. I will never have enough money to get my own place.
>>
>slow all day
>Get everything cleaned up early
>Suddenly, 30 minutes to close there's a big rush
>One family stays in the store til 45 minutes after close
>>
>>38069482
So glad I got out of retail. Every single day was a challenge not to kill myself.

Currently depressed about other shit though, so I guess it's not much better.
>>
>>38069482

>get paid slightly above min wage in my state
>paycheck is barely above $300 this time around
>my only two bills I need to pay at the moment suck the entirety of my check
>have little to no savings at the moment
>living paycheck to paycheck hoping no emergencies occur

Fuck this poverty line life.
>>
>>38069482
I lost 12 hours of work since I went 4 hours into overtime (she asked if I wanted it) since my stupid ass manager doesn't know how to schedule her employees, and I get punished for it

I also did a interview for small company that started 2 years ago, and I applied to be delivery driver, I got a interview with the owner of the company, and I made her laugh quite a bit, I really hope i get the job. I will make 2.25 more an hour, and the cap on the pay rate is 15 a hour. So i would be happy.
>>
>have to be at work at 9am to do a monthly inventory count
>fucked up on the last count because i was tired

why, why did she schedule me to work with her at 9am on a saturday? also, my work oneitis won't be there so I'm stuck with the normies all day until 5 tomorrow.
>>
File: images (31).jpg (7KB, 224x226px) Image search: [Google]
images (31).jpg
7KB, 224x226px
Cashier/stocker. For whatever reason 6 pm at wally world is the witching hour. The weirdest fucking people come out
>man in sleeveless shirt walks in
>knocks over display coke tower

>guy squeezing every donut in the bakery display

>people shit in the changing rooms

>spergs trying to steal xbox live cards
>caught and wall of shamed one to set example

>jarheads taking job too fucking seriously
>trying to order around stockers
>pulled the back in naaammm card when supervisor put him in check

>disabled kid pulling out frozen fish sticks and throwing them over aisles

>woman doing a giraffe yell when her card got declined
>knocked cancer box over before leaving everything

>fat drunk mexican yelling MONSOOOOOONNN before doing a haymaker on his brother

>vet greeter going full nam mode on fag in fursuit
>was fired

>guy hid under cars and slashed peoples ankles for fun
>>
A bunch of kids were in my store running around knocking shit down with their smug middle schooler smirks. At one point, before they were causing all this trouble, they came up to buy 1 item from the cashier and were trying to make all these unfunny middleschooler jokes and everyone was just staring at them and cringing.
>>
Bump

Osbfpdbfod
>>
>>38072039
who would you let yourself work for walmart?
>>
>>38072412
*why
FUCK
>>
>tfw overnight stocker at J.Crew
I thought it would be chill but it is the exact opposite
>work 10p-7a 5 days a week
cut me off, mike
>>
>>38072412
Only place I got a call back. My hours are 9-3 so its p good
>>
File: 1337305549082.png (837KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1337305549082.png
837KB, 1280x720px
>see qt trolley pusher girl at local supermarket
>Submit resume to this supermarket as trolley guy to talk to her
>Get hired
>She quit and I filled her position

What do I do now?
>>
File: 1497995451150.jpg (45KB, 634x626px) Image search: [Google]
1497995451150.jpg
45KB, 634x626px
How do you handle working registers with severe social anxiety? I generally avoid those positions when I'm looking for a job for that reason but I'm running out of options
>>
File: 1496267640655.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
1496267640655.gif
2MB, 270x188px
>>38069482
>delivery driver for dominos in smallish texas town
>every other house smells like poop or piss when customer opens door
>doesnt matter race, socioeconomic status, etc. it stinks
>customers constantly argue price of food
>didnt realize how many neighborhoods and homes are poorly lit
>take delivery to spic neighborhood
>house with fence. no street lamps, yard is dark as shit and no porch lighting. wow.
>knocking on door. people inside but they wont answer door.
>something to the left of me shuffles a bit in the darkness
>fucking pitbull staring at me

welp its a job
>>
>refuse to work serving chad and stacy anymore, quit jobs and start my own business
>it's actually going pretty well
>now I need to start selling my product
>I need to start dealing with chad and stacy again, this time with them giving me their feedback on my product

there is no escape
>>
File: 1464054526862.gif (2MB, 375x336px) Image search: [Google]
1464054526862.gif
2MB, 375x336px
>>38070355
I just recently quit my supermarket deli job I held for a year. My favorite bullshit was:
Niggers asking me if the roast beef was cooked
Niggers hassling me if their order is one slice over
Niggers who will stand at one end of the counter and not move, making you come to them to show them the slice
Old people who try to haggle the prices
Old people who can't see the thickness of the slice I'm showing them, and practically have to have the slice stuffed in their face to be able to decide
Lazy nigger coworkers who just start pointless drama and don't actually do any work
>>
>>38069482
Yo Keith that you
>>
>>38072811

You work in a warehouse
>>
>>38072811
>Hello [miss/sir], find everything ok?
>have a [great day/evening/night]

is it really that nerve racking?
>>
>>38073026
not guy who you replied to, but fuck it is, its annoying when customers aks how my day is then immediately gives me their order (I work in deli btw) and i usually dont say anything since they don't care, neither I don't care about them.
>>
>>38072811
get an overnight position
>>
File: 1498845458681.png (413KB, 954x612px) Image search: [Google]
1498845458681.png
413KB, 954x612px
4 1/2 years grocery clerk reporting for duty
>go back to days after 6 months
>A bunch of new hires mainly Filipino
>some are fucking know it alls and want me to jack off their ego
>Blow them off politely and work hard
I'm getting better at not having an aneurysm every time someone triggers me but I hate the employees far more than the customers
Most have no common sense/ lack pride in their work
Fuck retail
>>
>am 6' in 5'2 average country
>men give me that "give the food and leave" scared expression
>>
A fair warning to any anons looking to go into retail at any big store. Check to see if the store offers a credit card before you apply. If they do, they WILL expect you to shill that dumb shit to all your customers.

I never worked at a grocery store, but I would rather do that than get hassled by my manager about not convincing enough people to sign up for our stupid store credit card. Yeah, like I want to further enrich the Jews at the top of our organization. No thanks, Schlomo.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.