[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The eyes never lie...

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1413512548774.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1413512548774.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>http://health.usnews.com/health-care/articles/2017-06-30/why-people-with-autism-avoid-eye-contact

"FRIDAY, June 30, 2017 (HealthDay News) -- If you know someone with autism, you've probably noticed that they rarely look people in the eye. Now, new research suggests why that is so.

"Contrary to what has been thought, the apparent lack of interpersonal interest among people with autism is not due to a lack of concern," said study co-author Dr. Nouchine Hadjikhani.

"Rather, our results show that this behavior is a way to decrease an unpleasant excessive arousal stemming from overactivation in a particular part of the brain," she said."
>>
>>38068913
eye contact is for normies. if you can look people in the eyes you are NOT a robot and you need to LEAVE
>>
>>38069031
looking people in the eyes in better than sex
>>
>>38069075
*is better than

(originallllllllllly)
>>
Well, duh. We're not soulless automatons. It's just uncomfortable. I personally usually look at people's hands or clothing while I'm talking to them, or at their mouths or at something else in the room. It's not like I can't hear you without looking you in the eye.

I honestly think the first time I actually looked somebody in the eyes might've been with my ex, and that was when I was like 16. I can go years without knowing what color somebody's eyes are.
>>
>>38069124
>It's not like I can't hear you without looking you in the eye.
you're potentially missing social cues by not looking in their eyes. like the way to gauge whether or not a smile is genuine or not is by seeing if the folds around the eye wrinkle, and there's probably tons of other shit like that
>>
>>38069193
Eh, that's true, but I also pick up on things that most people don't, particularly with voices and things like how people move. There's a lot communicated in inflection, timing, and the way people carry themselves that you don't see if you're looking right at people's eyes all the time.

And beside, people are way too fixated on eye contact. It drives me nuts when somebody's driving and they keep trying to look over at the faces of the people they're talking to, or in the rear-view mirror to talk to people behind them. In that scenario, I'm 100% right about the "I don't need to be looking at you to hear you" thing.
>>
File: 1356873656774.jpg (30KB, 400x428px) Image search: [Google]
1356873656774.jpg
30KB, 400x428px
>>38069124
The eyes never lie my friend. People will say all sorts of things, but their eyes will tell the truth. Try looking people in the eye for the entire duration of the conversation; it will be an eye-opening experience.
>>
>>38068913
Fuck I can relate to this hard. Guess I'm on the spectrum. I mean, I've managed to stifle my general feeling of discomfort, and most of the time I look people in the eye, but still. Eye contact to me has always for some reason signaled sexual attraction, which is why I feel uncomfortable looking people in the eye whom I have a platonic relationship with. Furthermore, I read into eye contact from girls way too much, and think they do the same to me.
>>
BREAKING
social interaction makes 'tismos uncomfortable
more at 11
>>
>>38069344
>It drives me nuts when somebody's driving and they keep trying to look over at the faces of the people they're talking to

No kidding. Pay attention to the road, idiot.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.