[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Antidepressants thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: Sertraline2.jpg (90KB, 750x501px) Image search: [Google]
Sertraline2.jpg
90KB, 750x501px
>are they worth it and should I start them again?

I used to be on zoloft/sertraline but they only made my dicc unable to get hard so I couldn't fap, and busting a nut was one of the few reliefs I had so they just made me more depressed. I'm feeling depressed again and I'm not sure if I should start them again or look into another kind of antidepressant.

Any fellow robots got any experienced or advice with antidepressants?
>>
Ded? No use in typing out a competent reply if it's ded.
>>
>>38067346
Anti depressants make my life work basically. Otherwise, I'm legitimately depressed, have no interest in literally anything, can't make basic decisions and have zero energy. I just had my dose tweaked after being super depressed for several months and it honestly changed my life. I take cymbalta and welbutrin and I don't have any sexual side effects. I don't know if they'll help, but it's worth a try.
>>
>>38068011
I'm still here :(
Original comment sjdjdb
>>
>>38067346
Gonna try sum this up as little as possible.
>10 years on anti-depressants... worst time of my life, made me more suicidal, made me physically sick every single day, made me have "brain zaps" that made me almost collapse several times a day, made my cock not work properly, gave me restless leg syndrome.
I quit them in November, now almost July:
>No suicidal thoughts, very little depression.
>No sickness, no nausea.
>Life improved 1000% even though NOTHING has really changed.
>Generally got more motivation.
>Much clearer head.
>Much less content with doing nothing, want to sort life out and not lay in bed constantly.
>Now got premature ejaculation as a result of 10 years of having no feeling in the cock and now being able to feel the cock really easily.

For me personally, anti-depressants were the worst thing that's ever happened to me.
I have actually loved life for the past 8 months even though nothing has changed really apart from not taking pills.
>>
>>38067346
All the many different antidepressants doctors would try with me ever since I was a little kid either did nothing or made me crazier.

Now I think I have some permanent emotional numbing from being tricked into taking an antipsychotic some years ago. Being able to experience so many emotional nuances was the best part of my life for many years. I'm really struggling with wanting to continue living; it's hurting me deeply.
>>
>>38068590
This

100% agree, dont bother going back on.

I was on max dose of paroxetine and metazapine for 6 months. Increased depression and suicidal thoughts, caused seizures and made me wreckless to the point of losing people i thought were clsoe to me.
>>
>>38067346
The advice would be to try different antidepressants until you find the right one for you. Zoloft just happens to work for me.
>>
File: 1437424521949.jpg (42KB, 680x455px) Image search: [Google]
1437424521949.jpg
42KB, 680x455px
i take welbutrin "to increase focus" but i think my doctor gave it to me because she believed i was depressed

turns out i actually was depressed
>>
I take Doxepin 20mg, sometimes. I dont have a Rx right now but its getting renewed soon. Antidepressant dose is like 200mg-300mg. I dont take it for depression but you can definitely feel why its prescribed for that. I take it for skin health. Its a tricyclic antidepressant and an antihistamine.
>>
>>38068794
Therapy's kind of a must if you feel like you've got unresolved emotional issues. Antidepressants on their own are good for people who are depressed for no reason.
>>
>>38067346
im supposed to take 15mg of lexapro but i stopped taking it because it made me super anxious
0/10 would not recommend
>>
>>38067346
I'm currently on 20 mg of Prozac, haven't noticed hardly anything.
>>
>tried Prozac for a month
>literally nothing happened

Idk if they work honestly. Thats my only experience with them.
>>
I had tried sertraline (zoloft) before, it made me unable to climax/ejaculate. I stopped it.

very recently started pristiq (few days) and i can feeling the ability to cum fading away day by day. I kinda feel like the med is doing something though.
>>
>>38068128
this guy's got it, cymbalta and welbutrin are different classes of drugs. not the same side effects but can help depression
>>
>>38071491
>>38071828
prozac is a shit tier antidepressant

zoloft is the better SSRI

can confirm, been on zoloft for years on and off. dik still works
>>
>>38072151
well speak for yourself, zoloft had made me unable to orgasm
i havent used prozac tho
>>
Can anyone give me a quick rundown on Lexapro?
>>
antidepressants are a meme scam perpetrated by the pharmaceutical companies
>>
Have you guys tried killing yourselves?

If you don't appreciate life you should stop using resources that could be used by somebody who has a good life, social skills, and dreams.
>>
>>38072930
Sucks ass for me. Overdosed w a bunch of other anti depressants and almost stopped my heart.
On Effexor or whatever now
>>
>>38070001

I have unresolved emotional issues because of intense emotional states that have afflicted me since I was a little kid.

If I had been molested at that age, I would probably be catatonic or in the psych ward by now.

My major problem is being bipolar. It is very intense and unpleasant for me both personally and socially. I think I have other afflictions clustering with it too like OCD and maybe Avoidant Personality Disorder (my own diagnosis), etc. Don't know what therapy is going to do for me.
>>
>>38073114
Bipolar is a tough cross to bear, Anon.

I've been struggling with it for years. If it's any comfort, know that you are experiencing misery with a richness and depth that normies will never understand.
>>
Paxil 30mg + Trazodone 25mg here.

Side effects are brutal but at least I don't spend days lying on my bed anymore.
>>
>>38067346
Wow so many users on meds.

I don't do meds, but just be careful. Many of these meds increase dopamine in your brain to increase "mood", but they don't come without side effects. I had an MD swear on ETC therapy, but that doesn't come without side effects either (memory loss).

I believe the modern lifestyle causes depression. I spent time in a 3rd world country and I can't say I met a person who appeared sad and miserable. Everyone there was so inviting, positive, and happy.

There's something very toxic about our lifestyle. I believe our food is shit. Humans should not be eating frozen and processed foods. Also, there's little sense of community here. Even among
Nuclear family members; its crazy. Also obesity, and not to mention our insane work ethic really doesn't do much of anything.

Anyway, I do believe in trying other ways first. I was ready to kill myself in high school and running saved my life. I felt so unbelievably good when I found running. It helped me think clearer, boosted my mood, and made me healthier. There is power in exercise. There's power in food, and there's power in the company you keep.
>>
I tried lithium before, didn't do much

Zoloft is a meme imo that shit did nothing

Wellbutrin is the one that I had the most success with, but when I was taking it my then gf I know I know, reeeeee normie, just give it up already normies aren't going to leave your 'safe space' was supporting me and caring for me at the time, so I associate the success of Wellbutrin more with her tender loving care than with the drug itself

she's actually my fiance and we're getting married later this year, it gets better robots, have faith in life and do what it takes to make yourself happy
>>
just search through /r/nootropics
>>
>bipolar tranny with ADHD, PTSD, anxiety
i got put on zoloft which i quit after a month because it didn't do SHIT
then i was on welbutrin for two months and it also didn't do shit and i quit it because my doc is a fuck
maybe i'll try again in a few months
>>
i'm currently on venlafaxine and require seroquel to sleep each day

sometimes it pushes me into hypomania. i'm originally diagnosed with panic disorder and venlafaxine is what is doing this to me

i tried prozac but wanted off as it did nothing for my attention problems

anyone have any experience switching off this combination onto something like sertaline + something for adhd-pi ?

>>
>>38073408
etc therapy looks fucking barbaric. its appalling that we still practice that shit. the mental health industry if a fucking mess.
>>
>>38069949
How is Wellbutrin?
>>
>>38073431
>>38074508
Thanks for the uplifting story, I'm happy things worked out for you. Are you still on Wellbutrin? It sounds like your ladyfriend really made the difference...
>>
>>38074546
I still am on wellbutrin but I take smaller doses these days, after support from her and from a psychiatrist after a couple years, I don't have to depend on the medicine as much anymore.
She really did make a big difference. what was shocking was for most of our relationship she hid her depression from me. She suggested I see the doctor and get wellbutrin because 'my friend takes it and it really helps her' so I went and got it and was hesitant but accepted taking it at her insistence.

One night I was having a bad anxiety attack and she was laying on top of me in bed to pin me down (she's actually very strong, I love it) I kept crying about how I was crazy and how can she love someone crazy, told her the wellbutrin was proof of my instability and that She shouldn't be burdened by me. She reached behind the mattress and pulled out a bottle that looked exactly like mine and she put it in front of my face and said "Read the name" I saw that it had her name on it and the bottle was halfway empty. We both started crying a bit and held each other for awhile. Told me she never wanted to reveal her depression and anxiety to me because she didn't want me to be burdened by her mental state and was worried that I'd leave, but with how I'd been feeling she figured it was time for me to find out, saying "You're not going through this alone. I know what you're feeling, more than anyone else can. If you're crazy then ok, I'm crazy too but I still love you"

Believe what you want but that's the truth. I highly suggest to everyone to at least start getting help from a therapist or psychiatrist, they're a bit of a meme but find the right one and it'll really help get your life together because It's not about the drugs, it's about finding the right support in those around you. Whether it be a psychiatrist, a family member, or a loved one. They may not understand at first and it may be weird to talk about, but I promise it'll help

ok I'll shut up now
>>
Who here /AGOMELATINE/

Best shit on earth but recently it's stopped working for me
>>
Any experiences with Trintellix (Vortioxetine)?
>>
I'm a pharmacist and here is how it goes:
Shit that doesn't work:
Citalopram
Fluoxetine
Sertraline
Drugs that genuinely work:
Bupropion
Duloxetine
Mirtazapine
Venlafaxine
Vortioxetine
I won't bother with listing the TCAs or MAOIs because they don't really get used.
>>
>>38075533
Not included in my list were all the drugs for bipolar disorders like lithium and valproate, because those are a bit more weird and variable. Also toxic.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.