[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be yourself

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (126KB, 834x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 834x1000px
How do I increase social skills? All i fucking see is either "be confident and just do it," "analyze the conversation profusely for mistakes and stick to a guideline, plus study body language and conversation cues and also know popular things" or "listen lol."
All of them are shit. The first one doesn't account for actual fucking lack of social skills, the second one is tedious as fuck and lapses too much into social anxiety, or otherwise, you forget it because it's hard, and the third one is a recipe for turning into a fucking doormat or, if you bother being active, being a interviewer.
Literally the only way I get replies from any body is to be controversial as fuck. No one listens to anything else I say. I used to be negative as shit, and maybe people know me, but now I'm nothing. Literally nothing.
>>
>>38058984
>just be yourself
what kind of advise is even this shit, if im myself it's going to be very bad
>>
>"be confident and just do it,"
This is true from the angle that social skills is mostly just confidence anyway. But it's false in the sense that you can't just "be confident" since it's a result of past experiences.
>>
>>38059015
I know. For fucks sake, with social anxiety, at least I didn't get embarrassed ever. Without it, I'd be one of those autistic spergs.
If I'm confident, people don't listen to me. If I'm not, people ask me to speak.
Excuse me?
>>
>>38058984
As with anything there's only one way. Practice. Talk to as many different people as you can. Observe how other people start conversations.
>>
>>38059047
"Social skills is mostly confidence"
t. Autistic sperg who only talks about specific topics nobody likes, and when not trying to be autistic, fails miserably and loses confidence.
t. That guy who keeps talking about things nobody likes done yet has no social anxiety at all
>>
>>38059062
"Practice." Thank god I can always commit suicide.
Everything boils down to practice. But how do you practice? How do you keep practicing huh?
I need a guide to this mystical act of "practicing."
I know what you mean dude, but some people just can't do anything right.
I get literal headaches every fucking time I try to think and analyze something.
>>
>how do people gain social skills in the first place?
some are genetically predisposed to being better at socializing. some have an advantage gaining social skills because they are attractive or successful. perceived personality is correlated with attractiveness and attractive people are treated better due to the halo effect. because of this advantage, they gain more social experience and get better

gaining social skills came natural to most people. they didnt have to think about it. so its an uphill battle for you. heres the steps im currently following:

1. normies always say, just be confident. which theyre right. but they dont tell you how to do the hard part, which is gaining confidence. gain attractiveness and success. this will give you confidence in yourself as well as people treating you better. which makes it easier to gain social skills.

2. try to eliminate social anxiety if you have it. exercise, drugs, whatever. look into phenibut too, it eliminates social anxiety and makes you want to socialize

3. gain knowledge in socializing. theres plenty of resources on this. for example, eye contact, body language, whatever

4. practice. normies are constantly socializing so they get a lot of practice. you will have a lot of catching up to do

hopefully this helps you because it helped me
>>
>>38059062
The only thing I practice regularly is dry firing my guns against the roof of my mouth so that when I've finally had enough I won't pussy out
>>
>>38059047
>But it's false in the sense that you can't just "be confident" since it's a result of past experiences.
you have to fake it in the beginning. if you fake it and see positive results then it'll become real sooner or later.
>>38058984
>just do it
this is literally it. this is how every person learns how to socialize. you just do it, most from a young age, see what makes people laugh or smile and what makes them look weirded out and then adjust your behaviour accordingly. it's just trying a bunch of stuff out and see what sticks. also see how other people do it and mimic that.
>>
>>38059561
>just do it
>this is literally it.
thats not useful advice. everyone knows this already. OP is asking for a strategy that makes it easier. not blindly trying to socialize like a retard
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.