[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/warehouse gen/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: warehouse-led.jpg (525KB, 1920x1064px) Image search: [Google]
warehouse-led.jpg
525KB, 1920x1064px
NEET here, starting my first job at a warehouse after this weekend. Can any warehousebros give me a rundown on what happens here? My job is at a clothing warehouse and don't have to lift much.
>>
Sounds really comfy not having to interact with people. Hopefully it has a cool breakroom with enough space that you have your own little private area.

What is the pay? $12.50?
>>
>>38057854
12.55 not that good since it's in CAD but it seems to be the most fitting job in my region. My only hope the facility isn't sweltering hot. I can't stand heat. But they never said it was hot so hoping it's at least room temperature.
>>
I've always wanted a warehouse job. Being in the UK, I'm scared of being bullied by the Polish workers.
>>
>>38057821

>Warehouse

Yup. Enjoy depression, shitty coworkers, shit work, shit pay, and shit long hours. Warehouse is so depressing holy fuck.
>>
It's pretty simple work, especially if you just do the grunt work.

>get sales order that tells you what customer wants
>pull item from stock
>complete sales order
>get it invoiced
>ship it
>repeat ad infinitum

I work for a company that sells the nuts and bolts for aerospace.
>>
>>38057925
norm detected, go back to /b/ or where ever you came from
>>
Can you listen to music at a warehouse?
>>
>>38058036
Depends. If there is machinery in the warehouse (forklifts and whatnot) then you probably can't for safety reasons. Ours is a small warehouse and we pull everything by hand. I usually have some over the ear headphones that I listen to.
>>
>>38057920
Oi, mate, I'm Polish and I work in a warehouse in the UK. Yes, that's true, there a lot more of us and Romanians than you, natives, in warehouses, but nobody is going to bully you.
Well, we might talk behind your back, but you won't even understand it or know that it's happening, so who cares.
Just don't be lazy and don't avoid doing your job and we'll not talk shit about you.
Also, if you'll learn couple of polish swear words you'll become the "cool english guy" in no time. I don't know why, but if a foreign person is willing to learn some words in polish, we instantly treat that person as "our guy".
Aaand if you ask about Poland, like how is life there, what cities are good tourist destinations, that will get you even more "our guy" points. It doesn't matter that you don't want to visit our little shithole, just pretend to be interested and you'll get yourself an army of friendly alcoholic thieving vulgar slavs.
>>
Funny, I applied for a warehouse job today.
I'm way overqualified but I just want some money and an easy job with no normalfags to bother me so hopefully I get it.
>>
>>38058096
Also, if you say that you like Witcher 3 or polish bear, or you find polish girls pretty (even if they aren't), you may have the best colleagues in your life.
Watch out for romanians though, they may speak better english than us but they're still the new guys in the UK, trying to steal our colony from us... I mean, yeah, emm, watch out for them.
>>
>>38058096
>but nobody is going to bully you.
Like you know every pole there in the world.

>but you won't even understand it or know that it's happening, so who cares.
You're in the UK so it would be at least polite to speak English.

>Aaand if you ask about Poland, like how is life there
It's a shite, we all know that and that's why you're all here.

>that will get you even more "our guy" points
Like some fucking elitists so now there's some kind of points system in your society wtf
>>
>>38058205
Well, I just gave him some advice how not to get bullied by us, he doesn't have to adhere to it, it's his choice.
But don't act like you're not badmouthing us, mate. Everyone's doing it, the thing is, if we don't like you, you'll know about it.
On the other hand, you, the natives, are two-faced. You smile to us, ask how we're doing and pretend to be firendly while talking shit about us and sending us to do the worst jobs.
It's like your lives are so sad that you must find something to bitch about.
We don't really give a fuck about you, most of the conversations are like
"You see that english over there?"
"Yeah, he's got a stupid haircut."
"Yeah, hehe, so anyway, what have you benn up to..."
But worry not, chav, soon this little island of yours will be ours.
Do you know what's the difference between English an Polish (and other immigrants)?
We breed, you get abortions.
>>
wagiebump
>>
>>38057920
pole here, used to work in a UK warehouse (Northampton) and it wasn't bad at all
you shouldn't be afraid of poles, gypsies however..
>>
Amazonfag here

You either put shit in the building or take it out
The building is big and you might have to use equipment.
All in all the only thing i can suggest is to not look at the clock and do whatever autistic shit you do when your deep in though.

If you dont hang yourself try to ge a better job
>>
>>38057821
I used to come in hungover and pass out behind the boxes like a homeless person. Usually would start working after lunch.
>>
>>38057920
Warehouse jobs are easy to get. Just sign up with an agency. I fucking hate working in a warehouse
>>
I work in a warehouse. I distribute sandwiches all along the east coast to 7-11's. Its an easy job. I'm the only white guy tho. My coworkers are mainly Spanish. I work my ass off and the respect me for it. I left randomly 2 months ago without a word and just got the job back yesterday. I usually spend my 10 hour work days screaming numbers and Spanish curse words and doing retarded shit. But that's only because I work my ass off. I'm always the first one to work and last one to leave. I used to skip lunches and my break just so we don't fall behind schedule. I would also work on my off days and my coworkers saw that I was busting my ass and came to respect me for it. Learn how to banter tho. Its essential for a male dominated work place.
>>
>>38057920
i'm a native brit who's worked in a couple of warehouses before, and the eastern european dudes who work there (usually a mixture of poles, lithuanians, hungarians and romanians) are usually pretty cool

in both places, the romanians tried to get me involved in dodgy money-making schemes though, so watch out for that
>>
welcome my man. as far as wagecuckery goes, warehouse jobs are pretty chill. you're pretty much payed to just show up so be there on time and don't have an attitude and people won't mess with you. avoid doing much heavy lifting, but if you have to, squat to pick up shit on the ground. also, only do what you're told.

in general, it's pretty fulfilling work because you're always moving your body. so you're kind of getting payed to exercise. it'll take a month or two for your body to get used to it if you don't go to the gym, but stick to it. it sure as hell beats refreshing 4chan all day.
>>
File: 1494177997689.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1494177997689.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>38057821
You want a run down?
Expect long hours
Bring a massive amount of food if you're working a 12 hour shift
Bring your own water.
Bring candy or gum or something. It helps more than you realize.
Wear some comfortable shoes that aren't heavy
Expect to get yelled at if you try to lean on something or sit down
There's cameras everywhere and they try to use that to scare you. They don't check most of them, they do however walk around constantly to make sure people don't steal shit
>>
>>38057821
You will be thrown into a pit with some undesirables. Don't be a bitch, don't take your job too seriously but do some work. You'll probably be put in some corner doing scan/sort work at first. It's a shitty job and you should aim higher. Also watch your feet.
>>
>>38057925
This, at least Amazon is chock full of ghetto and takes up 99% of your time
>>
>>38059426
Lol I am a packer and I get through the quarters buy fantasizing about making a star wars movie
>>
>>38058338
>internet tough guy
Kindly fuck off, you pathetic shit. The guy mentioned being afraid of poles, and your beta-male alarm went off in an instant, acting big and tough now.
>>
>>38060148
Who's acting tough? I gave him advice how to make friends amongst poles and tried to explain that there's nothing to be afraid about and you started to insult me and overanalyze what I've said.
So I thought that maybe I'll do the same thing as you did, insult and be all edgy and shit. Don't be so offended by anything and don't start throwing verbal shit at people and your life will be a bit easier and more tranquil.
>>
Prepare for sore feet and an aching back
You better be a fast learner and efficient or else you'll be fired sooner than you think
>>
>>38059592
tell us about the time you worked your ass off again
>>
File: krakow.jpg (83KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
krakow.jpg
83KB, 1280x600px
>>38060274
I miss Poland, went there last summer backpacking for about 1,5 weeks. Stayed in Wroclaw and in Krakow. Didn't even think about Poland but I knew a cute girl named Zuzanna there who was from a village close to Krakow. Best week of my life there. Everything is cheap as fuck, girls are stunning and quite friendly, didn't see any crime related activities or anything, beautiful architecture and so much pierogi.
Payed about 9 euros per night of staying in a wonderful hostel who went out every night.

Can't reccoment Poland enough to anyone looking for a nice city trip.
>>
>>38057821
I worked at one for a couple of years before I become a neet, it was like 25% a store and 75% a warehouse for the store and the rest of the owner's businesses. I liked it the first year, but it got old quick. Nobody taught me anything; I could have seriously hurt my back for life lifting 150 pounds mostly using by back, broke my finger using machinery because I didn't get proper instructions. Bitchy coworkers would complain if I rested during an 8-hour shift, even though I would work 10x as fast as them and get way more work done, but then did shit slow and never rested.

The only good part is that during the second year they were giving me two cheques a week, so I was making double what I should have kek.
>>
>>38060381
One time I worked so hard and stayed late and my boss sucked my dick.
>>
>>38060922

>t. fat mexican
>>
Im a computer operator in a warehouse, but ive worked on the floor for a little. Not sure about the UK, but warehouse work here in the US is literally turn your brain off work. We have people here who's sole job is to cut the top off boxes and put them on shelves, or move pallets with forklifts, or pick items and put them in totes. You'll be scared at first because everything is new and people are scary and shits happening everywhere, but really people are zoning out for 90 percent of the day and just trying to make their numbers for the week. Hopefully youll be doing something that isn't time or percentage based, but here, if your starting out, you have to make your percentages.

This should not be a job you stay at for 20 years. Sure you might be making 20 dollars by then, but seriously, it will rot you.
>>
I work in a store as a night stocker guy, but I use a pallet jack and pull shit from the back-warehouse like area of the store.

>>38062358
>This should not be a job you stay at for 20 years. Sure you might be making 20 dollars by then, but seriously, it will rot you.

100% agreed.
>>
OP here, i contacted the temp agency today and looks like that position has a priority for women cause it's 'easier' and i have to settle for back breaking labour jobs

fuck that walmart here i come
>>
>>38057946

Did a similar job for a Walmart distribution center
>>
>>38062740
>warehouse
>prioritising women
Low quality b8
Warehouse work is almost all dudes and managers usually like to make a guy do the heavy-lifting, which is really all you do in a warehouse
>>
How good are Amazon warehouse jobs?
>>
File: 1474907491221.jpg (75KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
1474907491221.jpg
75KB, 1024x904px
>>38057920
polaks aren't slavs though so idk what the fuck you are talking about
>>
>>38059592
You're a good little wageslave.
>>
>>38057821
Unless you have a forklift license or operate some other machine, you will probably break your back hauling heavy boxes every day for close to minimum wage.
>>
File: 1475887421318.jpg (255KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1475887421318.jpg
255KB, 1440x810px
>>38062894
So good that they give journalism majors and millenial trust fund babbies mental breakdowns after a single day

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/nov/28/being-homeless-is-better-than-working-for-amazon
>Being homeless is better than working for Amazon

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/dec/01/week-amazon-insider-feature-treatment-employees-work
>Almost everybody remains stoical in the face of physical discomfort and exhaustion

>http://www.businessinsider.com/working-conditions-at-an-amazon-warehouse-2013-2
>Amazon's warehouse employees walk a lot. They walk between seven and fifteen miles every day. T
>These aren't casual walks, either.
>They're high stress, high pressure walks.
>>
File: 1387133250166.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1387133250166.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>38063251
Well, shit. I know 3 people (2 of them being relatives) who work at Amazon. Said relatives seem pretty happy and not entirely exhausted. I don't really know what to think anymore, I guess I'll ask them.
>>
>>38062893
Depends on the warehouse. The one Im at is actually mostly women. Half of stockers are women, almost all the pickers are women. Forklifts are mostly women too. Same for the inventory control dep. The only place where its mostly men are the drivers and the maintenance crew.
>>
>>38062897

Poles are more slavic than half these other nationalities claiming to be slavic like lithuanians and estonians. And if you don't consider them slavic then what do you consider them?
>>
>>38062894

If you only need work for a short time like a few months its ok but it is not where i want to spend the rest of my life. Your pays ok, it pays better than allot of warehouses ive been in, dhl for example paid 8.50/hr.

Pros
>money
>might make a friend
>40 hrs ato (approved time off)
>3 sick days

Cons
>overtime
>LOTS of walking
>You have zero idea what your doing half the time
>overtime
>ten hour shifts, 11 next week cause ((prime)) day
>depending on where you work the hum of machinery will forever be etched into your head
>anon you have mandatory overtime
>>
>>38063480
Ah, well shit, is there any better alternative, then? I doubt retail is any better as a first job.
>>
>>38062893
>Warehouse work is almost all dudes

Not true. Depends on the warehouse and internal department from my experience. All the total shit heavy lifting positions were guys, almost all the onsite office and data center computers were staffed by females.

>receiving (unloading the trucks) - 100% male
>Quality Control - 100% female
>Office - 90% female + male managers
>Ticketing (attaching price labels) - 100% female
>Data center - 80% female + 20% male "techies"
>Sortation (assembling pallets) - 90% male

And so on. Forklift drivers were 75% female, mostly immigrants like Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis and forklift operators got paid $14-17/hour.

Also if you're attempt expect to be fucking abused and thrown into the worst department where you're unloading trucks with fresh off the boat Nigerians
>>
>>38063352
Lithuanians and Estonians never claim to be slavic though. It's either Baltic or we wuz Skandinavians and shiet
>>
>>38063519

Amazons probably your best bet. If your not under any pressure to have a job then just work when you want and call out when you dont wanna go.

>but what happens when i run out of sick days?
Just quit.

If you need the job however use your hate to fuel your desire for a better job.
>>
>>38063803
I was planning more of
>Get job at Amazon via referrals
>Work for about 6 months-1 years, save up money
>Meanwhile doing that, go to training for SIA license during weekends or whenever I have free time
>Acquire SIA license
>Quit job
>Apply for a security job
And then just plan ahead from there on, that's really the only reason why I was thinking of going Amazon. Get a stable income first, then apply for a job I want.
>>
>>38058162
>tfw no polish bros to talk shit with, drink polish beer and get introduced to a polish qt
polish beer is bretty gud tho
>>
>>38064048

Sounds good to me just dont stay toooo long
>>
Polebro from before here, I would sooner work as a negrodick sucking prostitute than work in an Amazon warehouse. Seriously, when we're having a metrick fuckton of work it's baad, really bad, so I can't imagine what kind of concentration camp must the Amazon warehouse be, especially considering the fucking prime one day delivery.
I have never ever ordered anything using one day or express delivery because that's just fucking cruel for the pickers who work there.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.