[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Free Will

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: freewill.jpg (32KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
freewill.jpg
32KB, 600x400px
Is free will just a meme? Do you robots believe in free will or do you think the outcome of our lives is predetermined by some other force. If so, what is that force? Do we have the power to change anything in our lives or is it just our fate to be robots? Please discuss.
>>
im a robot and i dont believe in free will. honestly its all probably just planned out

i just ask god for what i want/need and pray sometimes and hope for the best
>>
test post 577567
>>
>>38052724
That's pretty much the conclusion I've come to also. I just hope for the best and try to understand that any sense of free will I get is just an illusion.
>>
The universe is deterministic but only at a level that we can't meaningfully comprehend so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>38052643
it doesn't really matter if it is or not
>>
>>38052643
The only people who don't believe in free will are the ones that don't want any of the blame to be placed on themselves for how shit their lives became.
>>
I think its a mix of instinct from evolutionary factors and free will. Basically we are heavily influenced and have certainly tendencies but with the option to ignore this
>>
>>38052643
if free will existed you wouldn't need to have gf to be happy.
checkmate.
>>
Considering that all thoughts are the processes of chemical interactions which are ruled by physics, probably not. I think we're all railroaded, but not condemned. Consider a dog tied to a wagon, it can struggle and strain its neck, or it can hop in and enjoy the ride. Regardless of whether free will exists or not, we're still going to carry on as if it does.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.