[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Climate Change

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0802.jpg (42KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0802.jpg
42KB, 460x288px
What are your thoughts on climate change?
Ive thought about it for a long time and am even in a degree focus that is related to it.

Just recently i watched this podcast and it brought up alot of good points that i had thought myself but never had anything to back it up. If you guys got the time, sit down and listen to Randall Carlson. Alot of food for thought here
https://youtu.be/R31SXuFeX0A
>>
File: floodWires.jpg (131KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
floodWires.jpg
131KB, 720x960px
>>38051393
>What are your thoughts on climate change?
look at the climate graph from the dinosaurs until now. the only constant in the weather patterns is change
>>
I tend to believe that it's true, but of course there's no way of knowing how much of it is natural. Still, I don't think it's something we can afford to not take seriously.
I will listen to the podcast (probably not all 3 hours because it's late), and see what they have to say.
>>
>>38051393
Probably happening. Will be an excuse to flood europe and america with shitskin "refugees"
>>
Op here. Just gonna go ahead and rant.
my opinion has changed so much over the past 6 years. I use to feel extremely depressed about how i thought the state of the earth was heading cause of the doom and gloom reported. Ive almost come 360 on it now. I support nuclear energy, pro gmo, and am almost indifferent about co2 related climate change claims. The pollution of other shit is obviously bad for health and environment but im not convinced anymore on co2 being the smoking gun for the change or that the change is really a bad thing
>>
File: Randall_Profile.jpg (46KB, 676x419px) Image search: [Google]
Randall_Profile.jpg
46KB, 676x419px
>Randall Carlson is amaster builder and architectural designer, teacher, geometrician, geomythologist, geological explorer and renegade scholar. He has 4 decades of study, research and exploration Into the interface between ancient mysteries and modern science, has been an active Freemason for 30 years and is Past Master of one of the oldest and largest Masonic lodges in Georgia. He has been recognized by The National Science Teachers Association for his commitment to Science education for young people.

>The acclaimed 1997 TBS/CNN documentary"Fire from the Sky"was based upon his research into Earth change and catastrophic events. He has organized several dozen field expeditions documenting evidence for catastrophic earth change. He has received academic recognition for outstanding work as a student of geology. His work incorporates Ancient Mythology, Astronomy, Earth Science, Paleontology, Symbolism, Sacred Geometry and Architecture, Geomancy, and other arcane and scientific traditions. For over 25 years he has presented classes, lectures, and multimedia programs synthesizing this information for students of the Mysteries.

>Randall is uniquely qualified to interpret the hidden meaning of the great masterpieces of mystical architecture, as well as esoteric and occult ritual and symbolism. It is his aspiration to affect a revival of lost knowledge towards the goal of creating the new world based upon universal principles of harmony, freedom, and spiritual evolution.
>>
>>38051794
I think regardless of what we may be doing to temperature or atmosphere we're destroying the earth more than we should be. Every year we destroy more and more forests, lose more and more species forever (well maybe not, they could be close to ressurecting extinct species, but we're still destroying our neighbors), and exhaust more and more resources. Do you think that's ok? It's not meant to be a rhetorical question. Do you care about those things?
Imo we're kinda screwed no matter what. Agriculture was a mistake. We sacrificed quality of life for being able to support more people on less land. Archaeological records indicate that around the time agriculture took hold, there was a major decline in average height, and health iirc. Urbanization was a mistake, we're meant to be hunter-gatherers, living in harmony with nature. So many people are depressed and feel meaningless, I think being closer to the earth is a good start to curing that, I think that's a good indicator that that's how we're meant to live.
But what do I know? I'm always open to new points of view.
>>
Climate change warms my heart. Human beings are a cancer to this planet, and we deserve to ultimately destroy ourselves, the sooner the better.
>>
>>38051966
Id say quality of life is better now than ever before. Nobody has to grow their own food and we have tons of time to do other things with our lives besides only survival. It is a new world were in and it definitely takes time to adjust to. I mean people are still transitioning from rural to urban even in the US. Obviously you cant just ransack our natural resources but the way things are heading seems to be higher concentrations of people in cities leaving more areas open for either agriculture or natural. Our efficiency in terms of energy, food, and basically everything we use has improved so much that we can support the people that are here. Now I wouldn't say that i think its ok to have 7 billion ppl and actually i think population will decrease a bit after the next 100 years, but im very pro human now where i use to feel the opposite. We definitely affect nature and kill off some species but to know that we are not the complete cause of it all and actually only a small effect in grand scale of whats already happened is relieving to me. Again i dont agree with hunting to extinction or irresponsible building/polluting that causes short term grief to the environment but now think the problems we need to deal with are the ones that will affect us
>>
>>38052005
What is the point of life though. So we should all die off and let animals that arent even self aware just live and do fuck all until the heat death of the earth? If theres any purpose at all, we definitely are making the most effort to find it
>>
>>38051393
Even if it's fake, does it matter?
Aren't 99% of the changes proposed good anyway?
Stop polluting? Sounds good
Green energy? Sounds good
Smarter more efficient agriculture? Sounds good.
>>
>>38052394
Yes i agree with you efficiency is great and support all of that. I still think it's important to understand our environment though for many reasons.Our focus could be put to better use if its a waste of time worring about co2. My degree is engineering w a focus in renewable energies. Im in my last year and am basically against renewables at this point. The push for them is coming from a point of co2 reduction but really we need reliable and consistent energy and a shitload of it. At this point i think the quicker we burn through the remaining fossil fuels the quicker we can move on to better things like nuclear which would be a great improvement to everyones standard of living
>>
>>38051393

It's over exaggerated. You sheeple always use the same picture of a polar bear on ice to make an emotional argument.
>>
>>38052537
>burn through
Impossible and a waste of time.
The sub isn't going anywhere. Taking advantage and inproving on solar power is our best bet. Plus once they forgive out fussion we'll be set.
>>
>>38052562
OP said they don't believe in climate change you retard. It's just an attention grabbing image.
>>
>>38052587
By burn through i mean to the point where its economical. I wont get into it on fusion and will only say this, what is more likely to be used, something only a handful of people in the world have enough phds to understand or a proven technology that is robust and readily available.
Any intermittent energy still cannot be stored at the scale and economics that we need
>>
>>38052651
Yet being key word. Who knows where we'll be in 10 years. I still think solar is best again because in human terms of life the sun is immortal and will always be there.
>>
>>38052005
humans adapt to climate better than other species.Humans existing is itself a mass extinction event. We are too successful, when Earth is a scorched pebble you can bet the only organisms left will be us, our pets and our food.
>>
>>38052710
Sometimes I think it'd be cool if the planet turned into corrisant from star wars. Just one giant city.
>>
>>38052681
From my persepective its this, we have this great need for energy now. Once you have something thats good, you dont want to give it back and is illogical to do so. If the chosen technology cant supply it, we will pick the one that can. They do talk about all the energy that hits the Earth in an hour could supply it for a year but think about this, what has brought about advancements and improved quality of life? Arguably our ability to utilize comcetrated energy. Starting from biomass w fire, then coal, then oil, now nuclear. All concentrated and able to get real usable work out of it. With renewables its farming which is an entirely different beast. Basically you have to do the work now of collecting it, storing it, then getting usable work out of it. Its much harder than it seems and much farther off in terms of competing w fossil fuels still
>>
I think it's true. I think things will just get worse. Probably going to be refugee crises that makes the current one look like nothing.
>>
>>38052779
I don't think it's nearly as hard or far off as you think all it takes is a concentrated effort. When we went to WW2 every factory was turned into a bomb factory basically over night. The entire country chipped in. All we need is a sense of urgency. I'd bet my life if the planet collectively stopped fucking around and focused on this issue it'd be solved in no time.
>>
>>38052847
I made this exact argument before a few years ago w ww2 as the example. I agree with you we could build these things no problem. The issue is still that we cannot store the energy and there are fundamental constraints that cant be innovated out of energy farming. It will always be better to produce what you need at the time you need it
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.