[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I.. Is ptsd real? i thought it was only something you could get

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1491632077075.png (307KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1491632077075.png
307KB, 480x454px
I.. Is ptsd real? i thought it was only something you could get if you shot up a bunch of sand kids or something.

>about a year ago
>have mental breakdown, panic attacks everyday for 3 months
>lock self in room, play vidya all day
>move eventually, live in hotel so can't play vidya
>feel way better though still depressed but i manage
>open up storage one day
>see all shit from old room
>memories flood back
>get panic attack
>close storage
>tell friend he can keep anything he wants from storage if he clears it out

the fuck do i do bots, even thinking about it now fucks me up. im getting triggered
>>
>>38048267
`
Why cant you play vidya in hotel? And how the fuck do you afford living in one?
>>
File: 06e7ddd3ebc51100e879279b42542596.jpg (118KB, 599x1080px) Image search: [Google]
06e7ddd3ebc51100e879279b42542596.jpg
118KB, 599x1080px
You learn to identify when your thinking is irrational and then learn how to calm yourself down when you are in that state.
Protip: PTSD works because your body goes into "flight" mode. You don't need to have hallucinations or whatever the movies make you believe, it's just the overwhelming stress response you get from certain situations, almost as if it's life or death.

Alternatively just use copious amounts of drugs.
>>
face it , embrace it , it happend for a reason and that reason's over an so it is ,forget it
>>
>>38048326
>JUST GET OVER IT BRO

That isn't how it works. In some cases of PTSD it's entirely possibly to forget the stress that caused the PTSD. It's not about the memories, it's about the physical and mental stress response that was initially caused by a traumatic event.
>>
>>38048379
you really should just chill and be calm.
>>
do some mdma and acid
>>
>>38048509
LSD helps you realize how your PTSD affects you, it doesn't really fix anything though.
>>
>>38048326
This is the most worthless advice ever. What you said was next to nothing.

PTSD is real, people that have never experienced it might not believe in it but it's real. The word "triggered" has sadly become associated with a lot of bullshit.

I'm dealing with a lot of trauma myself. Specifically, being cheated on multiple times. When I'm in a relationship now if I start to see a similar pattern that happened in the past it really starts to break me down. It's emotionally crushing and it's like I'm right back at the moment it happened in the past.
>>
>>38048861
you have trauma from being cheated on? haha so traumatic
>>
People who get ptsd are mentally weak pussies. Just deal with it, is the best advice they can get but as usual they'll just cry that it "doesn't work like that" lmao
>>
>>38048267
my old house had a faulty aging gas installation and the stove once pretty much exploded when i was cooking. if i wasn't standing some 10 meters away, i'd probably look like deadpool under his costume now. i get panic attacks whenever i cook a goulash now because the smell reminds me of what i was doing that time. i had to change the recipe and stop adding garlic to make it bearable to me at all.
>>
>>38048267
smoked weed and had a panic attack. now the smell of weed makes me have panic attacks.

is that the same thing as ptsd?
>>
>Nightmares of living back at home are becoming more frequent.
>Intrusive memories are becoming more frequent and cause me spaz out to try and dislodge them from my head.
>Reminders of experiences growing up make me incredibly angry, then sad.
>Public freezes are getting more frequent.
>Anger issues are getting worse in general.
>Been refusing to talk about anything for so long that the thought of talking to someone makes me incredibly angry.
Funnily enough, my depression appears to have dissipated over the past six months. I still have the occasional low but I'm generally cruising at a steady 6/10 whereas I used to have 2 as my baseline.
It's just all the other brain problems are getting worse.

I'm just going to keep pretending everything is fine until I die.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.