[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Once again I had ANOTHER argument with my mom, she just hates

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: These are my emotions.jpg (124KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
These are my emotions.jpg
124KB, 1920x1080px
Once again I had ANOTHER argument with my mom, she just hates that I'm a man-child. I tell her I'm not, but I don't behave the a 25 year old man acts. I don't have kids, and I'm a virgin. She thinks it's weird that I don't have kids, and that I'm not doing anything with my life. I'm trying to fucking look for a decent full-time job but I live in a blue-collar town that doesn't want college graduates. I don't have any professional experience and that makes it hard as well, god I'm just so fucking pissed off. I'd fucking move out of the house if I could, but I don't make enough money to support myself. Frankly I'd love to have an apartment and be away from all this, that's why I'm trying to get a full-time job making some decent cash. I went to college for FIVE years and got a B.A in Communication, and yeah I know it's probably worth about as much as a fine arts degree, but damn it I feel like it has some kind of value. Though I know employers don't care if you have a college degree, since experience trumps education.

Really it's just my fucking mother, she's so PESSIMISTIC. She even just told me that, she was like "I'm 65 and I know what the world is like, it's cruel and unforgiving. You're too happy and optimistic, you just think everything will be peachy." And I told her I fucking don't, but why sit and worry EVERY SINGLE DAY about things you can't control? I'm putting in fucking job applications and that's all I can fucking do, you can't give up. You just keep applying and eventually I believe ONE person will at least hire you/give you a chance, but with her it's all DOOM and GLOOM. I'm her son and she wants what is best for me, but she wants me to be wearing suits to work everyday, driving a nice car, and making a decent amount of money. She's just disappointed I didn't turn out to be the person she wanted, and it drives me crazy. Sometimes I worry about her mental health, she acts like she is suicidal/insane sometimes.
>>
File: 1495837951151.jpg (99KB, 592x758px) Image search: [Google]
1495837951151.jpg
99KB, 592x758px
You can get a job with a BA in communications but you need to move to where the job is. In a manufacturing town you're fucked, might as well get a job as a QA/technical writer
>>
>>38045168
I could move but I only have like $2,600 in my savings. I can't just quit my part-time job and move to a place like Dallas or Austin (I live in Texas btw), also I have no passion or career path. Also you know how much apartments in fucking Dallas or Austin are? Expensive as fuck, no way I could make it on my own with just $2,600 and no job. I think it's stupid to move to a new town and not have a job lined up, it's different if you're offered a job in a new town. The problem is that I've tried applying in different cities but they don't like that I live far away, but I tell them that I don't mind relocating IF i'm offered a position. See, the thing is they won't offer me a position because it'd take time for me to move there and get situated.

It's just a lose-lose scenario, and you're right about looking for white-collar work in a blue-collar town, but damn it I feel like my options are limited. I've seen white collar work in this town, but they want people who have 5-10 years experience in the field, retarded.
>>
Man-children only change when significant pressure is put upon them. My brother is an absolute man-child in his thirties now and he's never ever been criticized really. He admits in rare moments of honesty that he's had a great life and is outrageously lucky for someone that's been as spergy as him.

Point is, OP, is that your mom is doing the only thing she can with you. I get that you probably have no motivation and you see no point, but see it from her perspective. You are her offspring and she's doing her job as a parent.
>>
File: IMG_20170618_180805.jpg (73KB, 925x908px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170618_180805.jpg
73KB, 925x908px
>>38045231
Of course not, you get the job lined up, get a roommate situation on Craigslist, go there, work a couple of months, and then if you decide you like the job you can get a place ...
>>
>>38045293
>Craiglist

Yeah I'm not a trustworthy person when it comes to strangers, and I have no friends so not like I can just live with someone in Dallas or Austin.

>>38045239
I try to see things from her perspective, but if you lived for a month in my house with her. You'd probably agree that she is insane and agree with what I'm saying about her. She thinks all 25 year olds are married with kids and successful careers when I know FOR A FACT that a lot of them are still living with their parents working at fucking Starbucks and Wal-mart making fucking minimum wage. Watching cartoons/anime and having fun, so I'm pretty sure my mom doesn't know how a 25 year old acts. She thinks she does but she doesn't, she said she works with 25 year olds and they don't act like me but everyone is different and she doesn't know those 25 year olds outside of work.

When people fucking go to work they act professional and mature, but outside of work they might be acting like 12 year olds at home playing fucking minecraft and watching spongebob in their underwear. My mom doesn't know what those people are doing.
>>
File: firmhandshakeman.jpg (21KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
firmhandshakeman.jpg
21KB, 612x408px
"Well, son. All you need to do is walk in there and ask to speak with the manager. Talk to him, look him in the eye, and give him a firm handshake."
>>
>>38045633
You lie. Change your CV. Look up tutorials on how to do it. Say you have skills you don't. You can learn them later. Say you have had jobs you didn't. Say you already live in the area. Say are already have a job but you are looking to move up into a better opportunity. This is the way to get a job as a millinial. I never stop. I get a job and a month later I am looking for a new one. Not because there is a problem, I just know I can leverage a better posistion. Or go back to college, get some small business skills and a business loan and start some kind of online hustle. There are all kinds of products you can sell online on Amazon that turn a profit. Here's the trick. It's hard. It's always hard. It is never easy. You suck. You don't want to do hard things. Acknowledge this and live a small humble life.
>>
>>38045137
Wow, you actually still have hope that things will turn out ok huh?

When i was your age i had just gotten my first job as a grocery bagger 2 years ago, after being homeless from 18-23.
I still work the same job, and im almost 32, i dont think i was meant to go further in this life, just a cog in the machine.
If you still habe the power to fight anon, keep fighting until you cant anymore.
I wish i had your will and drive still.
>>
File: jeff the warlock.jpg (114KB, 899x899px) Image search: [Google]
jeff the warlock.jpg
114KB, 899x899px
>>38045653
Fucking this.
>Be me
>Out of work for 2 years
>Keep applying for jobs but nothing
>Granddad keeps telling me to do what anon said
>"Anon all you have to do is present yourself, act confident and ask for the manager." ect
>Try to explain to him everything is done via the internet now and it's not like the 60's
>"anon come with me" starts driving me round to places
>Look like a total sperg in every shop/firm
>They laugh as they see my granddad forcing me to do this shit
>They ALL tell me to apply online
>This goes on everyday for weeks
>Still believes you can just walk into a place and get a instant job to this day

I know he was trying to help but damn, all he did was leave me with crippling anxiety that i still get to this day.

I can still see all the employees laughing at me, while my granddad watches me in the background sperging out.
>>
>>38045633
You act like a teenage girl Jesus Christ. Unless something dramatic happens in your life you're hopeless.
>>
>>38045137
Are you the anon who accidentally punched your mom in the face?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.