[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self improvement general /SIG/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: hahaha-ive-had-enough.png (83KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha-ive-had-enough.png
83KB, 500x450px
this is a thread for all things improvement so we can finally achieve normiedom and stop crying ourselves to sleep every night.
>>
>implying anyone here wants to improve themselves

People here are locked into the cycle of self-pity and self-gratification through feels threads. It's the only gratification they get out of life and they aren't about to give it up to achieve something that their whole existence revolves around hating.

>inb4 projection, i'm a cyborg who knows that self-pity is pathetic.
>>
>>38040151
Fuck you "cyborg". Oooo cyborg! like thats supposed to impress anyone. My self pity is justified because I'm a piece of shit human who everyone hates and should've hung himself long ago. Faggots like you wouldn't last a second in my world of shit and chaos.
>>
>>38040151
before mods outlawed /soc/ style threads here i went to every single one of them to see how robots look like
and guess what most robots are average
the iron pill and interesting hobbies would fix us, we could be happy.
>>
>>38040205
>my self-pity is justified because of my self-pity

Nigga what?

> Faggots like you wouldn't last a second in my world of shit and chaos.

The world you've created and trapped yourself in. You do not learn.
>>
>>38040206
Self-selection bias
the one fucked enough won't post.
>>
Not gonna take any benzos today since anything I take is just prolonging the withdrawal period
Feels like shit but I'd rather be clean than addicted
>>
>>38040250
Good on you man. That's a healthy, positive step you're taking to improve your life.
>>
>>38040232
even the ugly ones could have gfs, if only 10/10 chads could have gfs and wives why is it that the majority of people aren't 10/10 chads?
the problem is that anime is a cancer that has deformed the vision robots have of women, unrealistic impossible expectations are poison to your soul and your happiness.
>>
>>38040250
OP here, i used to do cocaine a lot, drugs are a path to hell, people thought that i had cancer or something because of how thin i was.
>>
File: Nick.jpg (57KB, 634x661px) Image search: [Google]
Nick.jpg
57KB, 634x661px
>>38040232
forgot the pic, if he could do it, why not we?
>>
I was 22 year old kv 24 now and pretty much normie. Live alone have full time well paying job and girl friend. Still come here every now and then but not so much anymore. Can tell how I did it if anyone interested.
>>
>>38040405
please go ahead, i'm interested to hear, i really want to quit this shitty life.
>>
File: jyW6wVg.jpg (2MB, 2064x1161px) Image search: [Google]
jyW6wVg.jpg
2MB, 2064x1161px
I don't know how many of you have heard of The X Effect but basically you draw up a card of boxes, each box representing 1 day, and on that card at the top you write the thing that you're trying to improve, be it improving your dental hygiene, fitness, days without x (alcohol, drugs caffeine). You pin this card to your wall and everytime you accomplish this you cross off a day with an X.

Supposedly it takes approx. 66 days to form a new habit and this is a good way to track that and also ensure that it's in your face everyday and not tucked away on some phone as an easily ignored application. Picture related isn't my card but an example of somebody elses. This method has really helped me.
>>
>>38040537
this is great anon, will definitely take a look into it and try,
my biggest problem is waking up early, doesn't matter what i do i always go back to sleep, it's like i'm someone else in the morning.
>>
>>38040567
I had that exact problem until I realised that the reason I wasn't waking up to anything. I had nothing in my life TO wake up. You need a strong hobby or activity that you can dedicate yourself to.
>>
>>38040619
i have always wanted to play piano, i have already quit vidya and netflix
the hardest part for me is that i'm addicted to fast rewards, and learning an instrument takes time.
>>
>>38040151
Can someone with powers get rid of this normaloid before I have a nervous attack?
>>
>>38040750
>tumblr the is the other way if you want a safe space.
>>
>>38040094
No, fuck this stupid meme, it's cancer and we don't want you here.

There is no objective self improvement, you stupid fucking normie.

And I say this as one who exercises daily, has a good daily, dresses good, attends college and drives.

But I don't consider myself superior to anyone here, because there is no objective improvement, none at all.

You're a retard and normies like you should fuck off forever, with hate, a Robot who's had far enough of this retarded "improvement" meme.
>>
>>38040094
This man has been really helping me, I just cleaned my room and desktop and I already feel better about myself
>>
>>38040405
You aren't better than anybody here, fuck off.
>>
>>38040806
>has a good daily
What?
>>
>>38040806
>there is no objective improvement
>what is a career?
>what is a great body?
>what is discipline?
>what is charisma?
>what is interesting hobbies?
>what is having a gf?
>what is being happy?

if those things are not improvements to you you really need professional medical help.
>>
>>38040806
>calling people normies
>using reddit spacing.

really makes you think.
>>
>>38040877
>what is a career?

Not an objective improvment, money doesn't buy you happiness, on the contrary, a job you don't like can suck out your soul and will to live

>what is a great body

A great body, I have that but it's not encessary

>What is discipline

Not improvement

>What is charisma?

A buzzword

>What's interesting hobbies?

Something you like to do, so?

>What's having a gf?

Not necessarily an improvement, it's only an improvement if you're attracted by her both physically and mentally

>what is being happy?

Philosophers have still not found an answer to that one.
>>
I didn't take a before picture, but went from about 40% body fat to 35% at about a 25 lb weight loss. Currently sitting at 6'1 280 lbs with a LBM of 180.

I'll start taking progress pics now that I'm making progress. Wish I did better record keeping so I could visualize my progress because it's easy to get lost in the mounds of fat and get discouraged.

Although I'm only about 20% of the way to my weight loss goals I already feel much better. I'm able to stay active more, I sleep better and have more energy. I'm also able to fit into some of my old clothes that I kept as goal clothes. 25 down, 80 to go.
>>
>>38040943
>Not an objective improvment, money doesn't buy you happiness, on the contrary, a job you don't like can suck out your soul and will to live

if jobs were fun they wouldn't be called jobs they would be called cocaine sex party.
a Job is not your life, is what allows you to afford a life, nobody loves their jobs okay? if they did why is it that the first thing people do after winning the lottery is quitting their jobs?
you fell for this passion bullshit, that you need to love what you do, passion won't give you the vacations that you want, or the car, or the home, in the end of the day passion is imaginary and money is real.

everything else you said is just so retarded i won't even address it, like being a successful person is somehow not an improvement.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (77KB, 584x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg
77KB, 584x800px
Tonight is the night i will finally go to sleep early

I will not stay up till 5am.

Just recently i realized all of my problems stem from garbage sleeping habits, i am always tired and have 0 energy
>>
>>38041116
Stop using screens an hour before you go to bed. You'll fall asleep much easier.
>>
>>38040955
this is great, do you go to the gym or do home workouts? i started home workouts because i'm too paranoid to go to the gym because i fell everyone is judging me.
>>
File: The Pyramid.png (147KB, 1024x670px) Image search: [Google]
The Pyramid.png
147KB, 1024x670px
>>38041185
>>38041116
>>38040094
fuck you robot overlord, this comment is completely originaltrostky
>>
>>38040094
Hey lads
12th day of the diet and i've already dropped 8 pounds

Caffeine works wonders if you're trying to contain an appetite. I'm at 800 MG a day with pills, and it helps deal with soda cravings

>only a year until im a cuteboy and can get a robot bf
>>
>>38041187
I do home workouts. I have a free weight set of 10 to 50 lbs. I also ruck about 12 miles a week (4 miles at a time with 40 lbs) and I'm trying to up my cardio to add jogging on my off days from rucking.
>>
>>38040478
Sure. This seemed to work for me but idk if it's for everyone.
First thing I did was accept that the world is not fair. No matter how much I tried normies and women especially hated me, right away. The more I fought it the worse it got. Most people can just have a social life and be normal and I cant. So I stoped playing that game. I could only loose. Instead I committed myself to developing a skill. If you take this advice pick a skill that is somewhat marketable. should be something you enjoy but you should be able to make a career out of it. for me it was computer animation. went all in and got very good. have successful career and work for big name companies. Because I was successful people wanted to be friends with me because of the close nit community in my field. Women still hated me so I went to a therapist. Most therapists are awful. I looked for a while and was upfront about my issues with women until I found someone who wasn't judgmental. Just talking to her helped my social skills. everything is a skill and you can improve at anything with practice. eventually met my gf after being rejected many times by many girls.

Basically you need to accept that you will need to work twice as hard for half as much, and that that's not a bad thing. The satisfaction success will bring is something most people will never understand.
>>
>>38040806
> one who exercises daily, has a good daily, dresses good, attends college and drives.

When you want to call others normies but realize you are the normiest
>>
>>38040832
I know. I don't think I that I am but there are goals that I had that I accomplished and I know that they're goals most people also have.
>>
>>38041185
What to do in that hour?

I am a net addict
>>
>>38041639
I put on a dry / boring podcast or an audio book
>>
>>38041582
>First thing I did was accept that the world is not fair.
this is so true it hurts, we have been sheltered too much by our parents to believe the world is rainbows, hugs and butterflies.

>eventually met my gf after being rejected many times by many girls.
this is the hardest part because rejection hurts so much, we need to build strength because rejection is part of life, we need to learn to move on and learn from our mistakes.
>>
>>38040812
he's unironically very good for self improvement for guys
>>
>Thought I was on the road to self improvement after a childhood of foster care and a young adult life of depression and solitude when I moved away from my family
>Had a decent paying but tedious job
>Got a girlfriend
>Had my own place
>Girlfriend asks me to move in with her
>Girlfriend convinces me to quit my job and find a new one because she sees how miserable I am
>Girlfriend breaks up with me a week later because she wants to get back with her ex
>Forced to move back in with parents I was trying to get away from because no job, money, or apartment.
>Return to my life of solitude and depression.
I'm always thinking, "Hey why not just suicide?" but honestly what the hell is the point.
>>
>>38040206
You stupid as fuck kid. Ugly people almost never post their pics. Of course the average appearance guy will muster up the courage to post his pic to fish compliments from all those whiteknights infesting our board.
>>
>>38040901
By the way certain reddit boards are way more /r9k/ tier than anything you will find here with all these NORMALFAGGOTS
>>
>>38041116
Same 2bh

I find it impossible to fall asleep at a normal time

I got up at 5am yesterday to fix this, yet I still couldn't sleep for another 24 hours

Yes I exercise
>>
There's literally no point to any of this shit if you have an ugly face

I'm lean with a slightly more muscular than otter body, I'm 6'1, I dress well, people tell me I'm HILARIOUS, I have hobbies and some friends

But guess what?

I have facial structure worse than eggman

SO IT GETS ME FUCKING NOWHERE
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.