[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does 4chan think of Quora?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: im smart youre dumb.png (76KB, 755x1000px) Image search: [Google]
im smart youre dumb.png
76KB, 755x1000px
In my opinion Quora is full of pretentious idiots that are the definition of Dunning - Kruger effect. Most people's writing style there is very showy and phony, usually missing the point of the question. When you point them out about it they just say something like "Well that's what good writing is about. People who aren't 'Quorans' just don't get it because *lies lies lies..."
But in reality they just try too hard to write well or sound smart and very often talk about topics they know nothing about like if they were experts on that field.
>>
>>38037372
I usually skim through or skip the first answer, it's usually just 'showey'
The one's further down the page usually ACTUALLY answer the question in a simple way
>>
>>38037372
Its alright, better than reddit and people do actually know what they are talking about.
>>
>>38037372
Really stupid people don't know that they are stupid, and make no effort to hide it.

Average people are made to feel smart by stupid people, and stupid by smart people.

The insecure ones will attempt to hide their averageness with self aggrandizing language.
>>
File: quora.png (76KB, 300x288px) Image search: [Google]
quora.png
76KB, 300x288px
>>38037528
>>38037618
>>38037688
If you don't know, the Dunning Kruger effect is basically this: >pic related

>inb4 irony of talking about the arrogant while explaining simple topic to people most likely already familier with it.
>>
It is full of pretentious Indians.
>>
>>38037372
I've found it very useful for fringe questions I might have.
>>
File: 1497849271516.webm (2MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
1497849271516.webm
2MB, 480x272px
>>38037837
this is the only correct answer.

originaild
>>
>>38037372
>In my opinion 4chan is full of pretentious idiots that are the definition of Dunning - Kruger effect

It's true and don't try and deny it.
>>
>>38037372
It depends on what's being asked. Generally speaking though you're going to get retards and dipshits responding regardless of what you use, even here. Quora in my experience manages to at least give an air of semi professionalism in contrast to le meme central AKA reddit which aside from a small number of subreddits is a hub of extreme narcissism and petty passive aggression.
>>
I like the idea because on the surface it seems people are interested in learning new shit.
When you browse it's just trash, everything in this thread is true.
Not that there isn't good answers, but a lot of times they don't really answer the question or are not to the point and answers who are trash get upvoted a lot.
There's also a lot of bait and bad quality questions which I find ironic because people who are apparently smart and like writing a lot can't detect basic trolling, sarcasm and 12 year olds
>>
>>38037372
I don't really care if the answers are pretentious. As long as I get my questioned answered. Besides, Quora helped me out through highschool with extiendes response homeworks. I'd just copy said pretentious pajeet responses and get A's for all of pajeets hard work. Poo in Loooooo
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.