[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Popular Music

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1494351806316.jpg (346KB, 850x852px) Image search: [Google]
1494351806316.jpg
346KB, 850x852px
Why does it make me sad? I'm not even here to say it sucks necessarily, some of it is quite good, though not my cup of tea. I'm in an Uber right now on my way to work, and this driver picks me up occasionally and uses some kind of music streaming service that plays nothing but cntemporary pop. Every song is less than a year old, and I always hear music I've never heard before with this guy, guess he's kind of hip. Anyway, I can't help but have this sense of sadness and longing when I hear it, even if the music isn't trying to express those feels. Is it because I'm an old fag?(late 20's). It gives me this sense of finality and end, and I can't figure out why. Does anyone else understand these feels?
>>
>>38035323
All pop music is about love and women something you know you'll never truly experience
>>
>>38035323
those are some sad breasts

she's trying so hard to make them look big
>>
>>38035402
Half is love songs, half are party songs.
>>
>>38035402
Not so... I actually have 2 young children, so love is in no short supply. That is not a factor here. But leads me to an interesting point. Is pop music maybe a preview of the world I'm leaving for my kids? That I feel sad because I don't like where we're at, and my sway on things is non existant? Fuck. I can't shake these feels. I hate this driver because listening to this music for an hour fucks my day up .
>>
I loved pop music when I was a child. Now I hate it with a passion. Mostly because it fucking sucks. It can be done right. I unironically enjoy newer Justin Bieber. I'm a bit of a fan of Bruno Mars. But I'm not fucking with Taylor Swift or Ed Sheeran. I am a rap fan but the rap songs they play on pop radio make me want to die.

I'm 28 so I can kinda understand. I don't feel exactly the same. But it makes me angry sometimes. I think our generation feels very different about shit than this new one. Us millennials aren't against hedonism exactly but there's like this pessimistic undertone to it when we do it. It's because we know everything is fucked and you might as well enjoy life while you can. This music lacks this quality. It's like it's trying to tell you everything is fine and happy in the world and it's okay to continue being a vapid consumer whore.
>>
I love Carly so much, I can't even put it into words coherently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV9sNmujCPk

I think part of it is the simulated girlfriend experience, but so many of the sounds just resonate with me.
>>
>>38035490
>I think our generation feels very different about shit than this new one. Us millennials aren't against hedonism exactly but there's like this pessimistic undertone to it when we do it. It's because we know everything is fucked and you might as well enjoy life while you can. This music lacks this quality. It's like it's trying to tell you everything is fine and happy in the world and it's okay to continue being a vapid consumer whore.

Thanks my dude. This helped a lot. I think that a big part of it is that the world is so fucked, and yet, all this music is either telling me things are ok, or telling me I should care about likes and twitter hashtags.
>>
>>38035526
It can be more insidious than that sometimes. Look at the lyrics of Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better. Listen to that enough times and you might think that being a beta orbiter is a good idea.
>>
>>38035431
dumb ass normie, plug in headphones and listen to your own music
>>
>>38035407
? they are big you incel fuck
>>
>>38035407
They're already pretty big, if you consider her body shape.
Her posing like this makes the appear almost comically big.
>>
>>38035614
>>38035631
>squeeze together your arms against your chest
>oowee look at my "big" breasts silly betas
and you fell for it
>>
There is plenty of good pop music out there, just stop listening to shitty stuff
>>
>>38035822
yeah cause when she un-squeezes her breasts they magically shrink down to B cups
shut the fuck up retard
>>
sounds like you need some carly rae jepsen in your life OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlFMVzo9zuE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJzjAXz6VNA
>>
>>38035323
It's because pop music, especially today's, is so vapid and corporate. It has no soul, it's simply made to sell. Your brain probably perceives that as a representation of society as a whole, hence the sadness.
>>
File: 1477288074409.png (36KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
1477288074409.png
36KB, 778x512px
>>38035323
MOMMY MOMMY, ANON WANT MILKIES!
MILKIES MILKIES, GIMME GIMME!!
>>
Faggot hipster faggots listening to faggot music for faggot ass faggots
>>
>>38035402
>All pop music is about love and women something you know you'll never truly experience
S-Shut up! ;___;
>>
File: Mc Ride Shirt.png (549KB, 590x587px) Image search: [Google]
Mc Ride Shirt.png
549KB, 590x587px
>>38035521
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77PzXCKDyVQ
>I really really really really really like you
8 words you'll never hear being said to you ;__;
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.