[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"The world suddenly became bad in 2007!"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: 1463258645618.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1463258645618.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>"The world suddenly became bad in 2007!"
>>
I remember a discussion about this before. Why is it that people feel this way again?

It was really weird that a lot of people who'd never met before had the exact same feeling.
>>
>>38019552
>Why is it that people feel this way again?
iPhone
>>
>>38019552
That's when smartphones and social media happened. Which are indeed two of the things making modern life shitty.

I'd argue that the rot started two years earlier in 2005, since that's when youtube launched.
>>
>>38019243
The Internet was a mistake and I'm not surprised that's not an original statement.
>>
You're right OP, the massive global financial crisis that began that year didn't have ANY sort of effect on businesses worldwide.

It's not like literally every industry that I'm familiar with, such as Hollywood, Bollywood, anime, commercial music, and more, have all gone massively downhill since then and have completely sacrificed any attempt at creating something that resembles "art", for the sake of netting as much profit as possible.

Great thread, OP, great thread. We need more insightful posters like you on this website.
>>
>>38020316
Didn't the Writer's Strike happen that year?
>>
>>38020316
Ah shut up faggot. You just grew up. "Art" has been going downhill since 9/11
>>
>Apple Iphones
>Social Media
>Youtube

I dunno add in google doing a bunch if stuff I feel as if a bunch of good came about as well
>>
>>38020428
Doesn't change the fact that it got SIGNIFICANTLY worse after 2007.

Compare Sam Raimi's first two Spider-Man films or Nolan's first 2 Batman films to the modern capeshit landscape. Compare anime like 2006's Death Note to the the stuff Japan is churning out today. I'd bring up Bollywood too but you aren't likely familiar with it so there's no point in doing so.

Your point is moot. Thanks for the contribution though, you seem just as insightful as OP.
>>
>>38020485
Youtube wasnt bad, it went downhill when they removed the star rating system, but it became shit when normies knew about its existance and spread around the site.
>>
ITT: 18-25 year olds feel like the world started getting bad once they started to grow up and become more aware of their surroundings
>>
File: file.png (6KB, 355x45px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
6KB, 355x45px
>>38020530
>Nolan's first 2 Batman films
>>
>>38020550
In this post: A pseudointellectual moron who can't seem to look at the world around him unbiasedly and acknowledge when the standards for art, business, etc have undeniably declined between two points in time.
>>
>>38020612
For sure, dude. And they used to be called the Berenstein Bears, right?
>>
>>38020569
What? The crux of my argument is that the world began to go downhill immediately following the 2007-2008 global financial crisis. This does not mean that literally nothing good was produced around that time, just that things got progressively and progressively worse from that event onwards, until we eventually ended up in the toxic wasteland of a "culture" we find ourselves in today. Nice try, though?
>>
>>38020677
Poor naive little sap. I guess when you broke out of your little college campus safespace, reality hit you hard in the face.
>>
>>38020612
This is stupid. For every example of low quality "art, business, etc." I can provide you an example from any decade 60s-90s. The main issue is your focus on the bad and your reluctance to actually enjoy anything.
>>
>>38020629
What the fuck? Is your point that I called them "Batman" films instead of >le durk nigt trilogey, or the fact hat it came out in 2008? Either way, you're clearly just trying to annoy me, and on't have any real response to the argument that I initially came to this thread to post. Fuck this, I'm out. I already decided that 4chan was too toxic to spend any more of my time on, and I'm acting on that from today forth. I'm leaving this thread now, see you losers. Maybe next time try not to unnecessarily irritate someone who was only trying to contribute some real sense to this thread, simply because you had nothing better to do with your time.
>>
>>38020731
Completely, completely untrue. Bad art has always existed, but never in such a strong volume as it has in our decade. A simple way to test this, using your own example, is to compare the best films/music/anime from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and 2000s, to the best films that have been released since the 2010s. Go ahead, see if you can't make a fool of yourself. It's not even remotely comparable, even the "best" works from this decade don't hold a candle to the best works from previous eras. And don't bring up >le the decade isn't le over yet we can't truly know what works released today will be seen as classics in future years!! It's been 7 years into the 2010's, we can easily look at film released back then and gauge their level of quality and safely say whether they're "classic" or not. I believe that this same thing can be done within 1 year of a films release too, even if most people don
the have the judgment level to do so. Hollywood film culture is essentially dead, Scorsese, himself one of those directors who made the 70s as great as they were, said himself that "cinema is dead".

Nice try though, seems like we got a lot of morons in this inherently moronic thread (thanks again OP!), keep convincing yourself that things have always been shit while completely failing to acknowledge that quality is a SPECTRUM, meaning that two things can be "bad" but one of them can be far, far, far worse relative to the other. Which just so happens to be what most of our era has produced thus far, and likely won't end until we ideally revamp the whole system sometime in the 2020's.
>>
I'm leaving this pathetic joke of a "thread", thanks again for the quality content OP and to all the extremely intelligent posters that have flocked to it. Don't bother replying to me, I'm out of here.
>>
Anyone got that screencap from /v/? You know the one
>>
File: 1488147473584.png (96KB, 500x680px) Image search: [Google]
1488147473584.png
96KB, 500x680px
>>38020987
You mean this one?
Original
>>
File: 3egvX5b.png (679KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
3egvX5b.png
679KB, 900x900px
The world became shit on the 18th of February, 3102 BC when Lord Krishna died and the Kali Yuga began. Before that (the Dwapara Yuga) the world still sucked but not as much.
>>
File: 1446209170721.jpg (59KB, 681x506px) Image search: [Google]
1446209170721.jpg
59KB, 681x506px
>>38020987
Or maybe you meant this
>>
>>38020910
>puts anime in a league with music and film

You've already ruined any credibility you had with regards to criticism of any art form.
>>
File: 1458525955188.jpg (91KB, 503x596px) Image search: [Google]
1458525955188.jpg
91KB, 503x596px
>>38020910
Honestly the "cinema" was never all that alive. It's a fairly shitty art form. You should get into wood working, gardening, or pottery. There are many art forms that are interesting and engaging to get into. You seem to have this weird focus on art form that reaches huge audiences and then judging them critically when there are a lot of artists and craftsmen out there still making some nice, practical things. Hell, I'm in the process of expanding my garden, and I consider it to be a work of art of sorts. It's not meant to reach a wide audience and it's not to be critically judged and then used as fire in some discussion over how great the entire world is. It's just my garden, yo.

I also play guitar, but I have no intention of breaking into the music scene or making anything worth critiquing. It's just fun. You should stop being such a judgmental twat and just learn to enjoy things.

You need to stop focusing on the things you do. It's eating you up. Stop focusing on these big titles as if they're some extension of your ego. Focus more on the little things and suddenly you'll realize the world is fantastic and the possibilities for self expression are more endless than ever.
>>
File: 1480857579992.png (400KB, 450x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480857579992.png
400KB, 450x720px
>>38020910
>Bad art has always existed, but never in such a strong volume as it has in our decade.
hypothesis: you weren't around in the past, so you only know the highlights instead of having to endure the shit on a daily basis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asQxeXYFYgg
>>
>>38019243
2007 was the last chance i'll ever have at having a gf but I screwed it up that year, lost contact with everyone I was hanging out with because of one girl. Things have been bad ever since.
>>
>>38020316
>caring about any of that shit
>>
>>38020987
>>38021036
>>38021074
I think you mean "when did normies start using the internet/vidya"? If you think moms posting le bazinga memes on Facebook has ruined your internet experience, kill yourself
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.